Ok is it just me or is everybody lying

I actually did watch UFC 1 but it was on an illegal cable box (you kids prolly have no idea what those are) so I guess technically Im not 1 of the 50,000

You talking about those brown Zenith boxes? My dad used to be able to rig em to unscramble everything. After digital cable was the standard they stopped working.

On another note, he was also able to rig those cards for satellite dish boxes about a decade ago. Used to get all the Pride shows free too.

Im totally honest when I say I was at UFC 1 live. I was only 3 years old at the time but my buddy hit me up with a solid fake id and I slipped some $100 bills to the doormen just to make things slide easier.

Bushido 9 is the greatest event of all time.

I didn't start watching every event till UFC 90 or something. I didn't know how to watch it in the UK and had just caught some UFC unleashed when I was in the US prior to that.

Back in those days it was easy to watch ppvs on black boxes

I started with UFC 1, but I think about nine or ten of them were in existence when I started. I had to rent them on VHS from some dingy little independent video store.

Why is it that everybody has been watching since UFC 1 but it only had 50,000 buys? like are the PPV numbers reported wrong or did UFC have some massive VHS sales or what? the only time i saw the first 4 is when it came out on a DVD set and i only started watching by UFC 37.5.

Well I don't even remember how I watched it, and I'm sure I didn't get PPV, my parents would have killed me.

I do recall watching it in the earlier 90's.

So, no, I'm not lying. No I didn't watch the PPV live. Yes I started watching MMA at UFC 1.

Edit: I may have started with UFC 2. The first fights that stand out in my mind was Pardoel splattering Weits head, and Smith elbowing the shit out of Morris.

I watched UFC 1 on PPV, but I will admit it was complete luck that I was able to. A friend of my older brother's was into martial arts and told us about it. If I remember correctly, it was the first time I even truly knew what PPV was.

I was blown away to say the least, and we got the next 4 events as well. I missed about the next half of a decade though while I was in the service.

Easy, if you are in an argument on Sherdog, you are an expert and have been watching since UFC 1 in 93. I was only 9 years old when the first UFC aired, so clearly I did not watch. I saw my first UFC event in 2001.

I remember when TUF first started, MMA exploded, and the big debate became who was watching before TUF and was truly hardcore and who was just a TUF fan. It was pointless and idiotic then, and it's even more pointless and idiotic now. It's sad that a decade later we're still measuring dicks about who's more hardcore

ive been watching mma since the gracie school took on that karate school in the 70s

the karate instructor was so overrated but i remember on the sherdog newspaper forum, that people were posting ads that he should be P4P #1

i have never bought a ufc event but i've seen all of them.

My friends and I used to rent the VHS of the early ones when we were in high school. The local video store carried them. Like UFC 6 onwards

I started with UFC 1 but in 2001, when my dad brought some MMA tapes from Japan.

Somewhere around 2004-05 I realized that there was something so badass as mma. Call it luck, first fight that I accidentally tuned to was Cro Cop Vs Alex Emelianko. Just seconds later Cro Cop landed that headkick. Boom!!

Back