Ok is it just me or is everybody lying

Why is it that everybody has been watching since UFC 1 but it only had 50,000 buys? like are the PPV numbers reported wrong or did UFC have some massive VHS sales or what? the only time i saw the first 4 is when it came out on a DVD set and i only started watching by UFC 37.5.

You'll find the newer they are, the longer they've been watching haha.

Why is it that everybody has been watching since UFC 1 but it only had 50,000 buys? like are the PPV numbers reported wrong or did UFC have some massive VHS sales or what? the only time i saw the first 4 is when it came out on a DVD set and i only started watching by UFC 37.5.

What if each household that purchased UFC 1 had a bunch of people come over to watch? The numbers add up quite quickly once you factor that in.

I rented them all the way up through David vs. Goliath (I think UFC 8). I trained at AKA when AKA was a total hole in the wall gym and their big claim to fame was Brian Johnston (whom was a bad ass).

The first UFC I saw was UFC 1. But it wasn't in 93, it was in 2001, I've been an avid fan ever since. First PPV I saw was Tito v Shamrock.

No body should give a shit really. They do though.

I actually did watch UFC 1 but it was on an illegal cable box (you kids prolly have no idea what those are) so I guess technically Im not 1 of the 50,000

I actually bought it legally. However I am guilty of having those boxes back in the day lol. Those were the days.

The first UFC I saw was UFC 1. But it wasn't in 93, it was in 2001, I've been an avid fan ever since. First PPV I saw was Tito v Shamrock.

No body should give a shit really. They do though.

That's a good way to do it:

First MMA event I saw was UFC 1 on DVD in 1997. (I quickly rented 1 - 8 after that)
First live PPV I saw was UFC 19 Maurice Smith vs. Kevin Randleman.
First martial arts training I did (other than karate at age 7) was kickboxing in 1998 at a newer gym called AKA.
First Pride Event I saw was surpisingly not til 2001, which is when I found Sherdog and joined.
First Live event I attended was 2003, UFC 43 Randy Couture vs. Chuck Liddell

most people are probly lying. i was lucky my family owned a video store back in the late 90's early 2000's. they had ufc 1 thru i dont know how many but they had quite a few.

My dad was one of them 50,000. I still have the vhs tape although I have nothing to play it on.

It was a sideshow back then to boxing, never would have thought it would have become so main stream......

I watched on VHS as they came out starting with number 1 but I just rented them. I was in college and didn't have money for PPVs or even know how they worked back then to be honest. I watched all of them up to about UFC 10 before I lost interest and only got back into by catching an event on HDNET in 2003 and I was hooked again.

Stared renting DVDs of old events and eventually started to go to live events starting with UFC 53 and have bought all the PPVs for the most part since then.

I became a fan at UFC 22 when Frank Shamrock and Tito Ortiz fought. It's funny because my dad was a diehard fan at the time and now he doesn't watch it , lol

Fans are ashamed of being TUF noobs, but at this point that means you've been a fan for almost a decade. I was a few months old when UFC 1 aired and I didn't start watching MMA until 8 years ago. If that makes me less of a fan, I don't care.

Rented the first ones on VHS in '95 here in Sweden. Been hooked ever since. Well the interest died for a while, this isn

I started watching with old tapes of Vale Tudo Japan, UFC is for posers

Oh yeah? Well I was watching Pancrase on Laserdisc back in the day!

pancrase_lds.jpg

Tapes are for posers!

A boatload of people are lying. "I was 8 and I watched with my dad."

I didn't watch the ppv. I started with UFC 2 on VHS. I watched UFC 1 years after the event. I couldn't find the tape anywhere. I think I saw it after David vs Goliath.

I actually did watch UFC 1 but it was on an illegal cable box (you kids prolly have no idea what those are) so I guess technically Im not 1 of the 50,000

Ah, the good old days of paying good money to get all the channels. Cable cable or dish?

I recall watching 1 on badly recorded vhs tape a couple of years after the fact. At the time the sport was new, only loved by the faithful, and you had to take a lot of crap from people who called it human cockfighting and such.
this is how I recall it.

I was busy watching the WWF.

You know, real fighting.

First time I saw UFC was a recording of Couture-Belfort 1 that my uncle ordered, I was 8 or 9, I didn't start watching religiously or following until 2004.

my first MMA experience was UFC2. I didn't know it was UFC2 at the time, I had no idea what i was watching or who was fighting. It wasn't on tape either but i don't know if it was live, it would have been around 1994 or so. The fight that stood out to me was remco pardoel x orlando weit, but i didn't know those names at the time or remember them after watching. it was only about 6 years later when both the internet and MMA had expanded that i finally figured out what i had watched. At about that time I started to get into MMA for real and i've seen pretty much every UFC and Pride event.

Back