Oh Ben Carson, you silly man (praising radicalism)

you're the one that used the NYC Garner incident as a peaceful protest, it was anything but and it's origins go straight to the white house....so who's to blame for these dead cops?

The guy who shot them?

I know, personal responsibility is a tough concept.

The failure of the United States to cripple ISIS is a direct result of an underreaction by our Commander-in-Chief. I criticized him for it months ago and suggested better alternatives, though I looked to the dissidents and pacifists to make their case as well, because I respect their point of view as being the ideal.

It's now time for boots on the ground, but that's another thread.

It's a broader conflict than merely military losses.

Consider the state of affairs in Europe, where a passive European populace has done little to halt the advancement of Islamic takeover of the West. We have in another thread right now being discussed, Oxford Press deciding it would be best not to use any pig related words "for fear of offending Islam".

Islam is militant and on the rise, the West is passive and on the decline.

Last edited:
even the facts that you presented aren't on your side

please point to cops complaining that they weren't allowed to assault protesters

From Lynch's speech: (There is blood on the hands of those) who incited violence on the street under the guise of protest. We tried to warn it must not go on, it can't be tolerated.

There are other quotes I don't feel like digging up, one by another cop complaining that they weren't allowed to break up the protests, but that's him complaining that cops were instructed to allow freedom of assembly under the first amendment, and with few exceptions, it was done peacefully. A miracle of peace compared to the terrible disappointment of Ferguson.

Consider the state of affairs in Europe, where a passive European populace has done little to halt the advancement of Islamic takeover of America. We have in another thread right now being discussed, Oxford Press deciding it would be best not to use any pig related words "for fear of offending Islam".

Still pretending that the Muslim Labour PM didn't immediately come out criticizing that? Said that people had gone too far.

Consider the state of affairs in Europe, where a passive European populace has done little to halt the advancement of Islamic takeover of America. We have in another thread right now being discussed, Oxford Press deciding it would be best not to use any pig related words "for fear of offending Islam".

Should be noted that "on the decline" is actually an unfortunate risk of tolerance and solidarity that has been realized. It was an honest effort, if misguided by suppression of free speech and ignoring of warning signs. That's something I wish would have turned out differently for Europe, and the entire west may be headed into deep shit because of it.

Can you explain that? I thought his message was really clear, that we should draw on the convictions of the Founding Fathers and shame ourselves before the comparable courage of Islamic State, in order to address the loss of "values", which is code for clinging to bigotry (in my biased opinion) but at least demonizing all of political correctness as an enemy (in his biased opinion).

What is muddying the waters?

I thought, for someone patting themselves on the back such as you, that a "hyperbolic rant" was a poor attempt at elevating the discussion. Maybe if you were a successful comedian or at least someone who has shown a sense of humor around the WR I'd have a different opinion.

As to the words of Ben Carson, I'm not sure you aren't misrepresenting them. You certainly don't seem to be taking honest stock of them.

Please. He's just saying the same thing as Yeats in the Second Coming: "The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity."

That people are trying to misconstrue that point is pathetic. I don't even know who Carson is, btw, but it's sad to see this kind of distortion.

Carson is a conservative/right-wing darling . Carson being Black is like an educated and tempered version of Herman Cain.

I agree with you that there isn't anything particularly offensive about the comparison.Yes it is blunt but so what, blunt gets the point across and for speakers/pundits like Carson that is what they aim for.

I am not even a fan of Carson.

I thought, for someone patting themselves on the back such as you, that a "hyperbolic rant" was a poor attempt at elevating the discussion. Maybe if you were a successful comedian or at least someone who has shown a sense of humor around the WR I'd have a different opinion.

As to the words of Ben Carson, I'm not sure you aren't misrepresenting them. You certainly don't seem to be taking honest stock of them.

You've laughed at shit I've posted before, and pretty much just admitted I'm comedian material...ouch, fuck I sprained a wrist patting myself again. But really I'm laughing at his terrible choice of analogy, and I honestly believe it is representative of right-wing rhetoric. I'm waiting for them to come to sanity somewhere near the center so I can support them, but I don't see that happening for quite a few years.

Maybe I'm misrepresenting his words, but I'm honest about what I hear in them. Can you offer a better explanation? It ain't an ode to Yeats. I don't see mud in the water in what he said. I looked for more to his quote, but didn't find it. I looked at a fuller example of what he said than the irresponsible headline of the article though. I thought the provocative titles of these stories about his speech were shit, but that goes without saying these days.

Ben Carson stuffed his entire shoe down his throat today by saying this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...thers-isis-both-willing-die-what-they-n287211

If I sign up for the Republican side of the shitcoin, do I get to behead a Berkeley neckbeard?

People are already trying to explain away the comment as encouraging people to have conviction. Boy, he sure could have picked a better fucking example. How about the Montgomery Bus Boycott? How about the NYC protest of the death of Eric Garner? Both were nonviolent acts of civil disobedience, and are "radical" convictions that are more appropriate for today. When would I compare the American Revolution to the Caliphate? I don't know, but not to praise courage of conviction, that is for damn sure. The phrase "giving away every belief and every value for the sake of political correctness" is, when looked at in reality, the slow and glorious death of traditional American bigotry.

That he could only point to radical solutions like armed revolt and ideological violence in the face of modern values is telling. It's a desperate analogy that doesn't hold together in any context. The praise of radical, violent action juxtaposed with our modern, moderate society illuminates the desperation. His comments remind me of the weirdest boner ever that people get when they say, "You know who was the first terrorists in America? The Founding Fathers!"

If you don't like the modern American values of non-prejudice and expansion of civil protection and rights, please do it in a way that makes just one lick of sense. Please don't go off the deep end like our boy Ben Carson and make a terrible incitement of an analogy. The right is already having serious problems with radicalization of its base when we look at issues like guns, gays and god. Don't make it worse on yourselves.

He's right though.

You have issues with being told the truth?

Who the hell is Ben Carson?

Lemme Wiki that for you:

Benjamin Solomon "Ben" Carson Sr. (born September 18, 1951) is an American author and retired neurosurgeon. He is the first surgeon to successfully separate conjoined twins joined at the head. In 2008 he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President George W. Bush. After delivering a widely publicized speech at the 2013 National Prayer Breakfast, he became a popular conservative figure in political media for his views on social and political issues, and becoming close to being a Republican candidate for the 2016 presidential election.

He's a guy on the rise to prominence in the Republican party. One to keep an eye out for if he takes public office. His previous ridiculousness has not slowed him at all. Speakhandsforme pointed the way to some more info on the dude on page 1.

In a weirdly poetic way, his major medical accomplishment is foreshadowing of his future as a political divider.

Solid reasoning. Did that come out of a cereal box? If you want to elaborate, I'm mostly ears, and some dick.

What didn't you get?

Us was in Iraq over 10 years n wasn't able to stabilize the country.

They quit on their mission in Iraq n we see the results today.

If it gonna make you feel any better, the war was unwinnable from the beginning.

What didn't you get?

Us was in Iraq over 10 years n wasn't able to stabilize the country.

They quit on their mission in Iraq n we see the results today.

If it gonna make you feel any better, the war was unwinnable from the beginning.

Was he talking about the Iraq War when he said Republicans lack convictions of their values against political correctness?

If you have more of his speech and by some odd miracle it was about Iraq and tied that in with PC vs Traditional Values, I'll be surprised.

Should be noted that "on the decline" is actually an unfortunate risk of tolerance and solidarity that has been realized. It was an honest effort, if misguided by suppression of free speech and ignoring of warning signs. That's something I wish would have turned out differently for Europe, and the entire west may be headed into deep shit because of it.

Well, there are some signs of hope for the West. Increasingly, people seem to be willing to hold previously verboten opinions on the future of the West. If anything, this last French attack seems to have lionized some people into recognizing that this is not a problem that is going away without action.

Well, there are some signs of hope for the West. Increasingly, people seem to be willing to hold previously verboten opinions on the future of the West. If anything, this last French attack seems to have lionized some people into recognizing that this is not a problem that is going away without action.

I predicted 20,000 US troops on the ground by the end of the year, before this happened. Maybe some of those will be coalition troops. Do you get the impression that Europe is headed for war against ISIS, or more appeasement?

If you ever feel like making a thread on the merits/mistakes of committing to a ground war there, that would be an interesting discussion. We had a good one last year when Obama was weighing response to the whole situation of the Christians on the Mountain.

True conviction doesn't necessarily mean you have to be willing to die for what your objective.

It means acquiring through innovation and labor, the means to achieve your objective through the most efficient means possible.

If you discourage innovation in favor of single-minded courage, then you might have to turn your child into a human smart bomb to go into a marketplace to courageously blow up innocent people in the name of your objective.

If you favor innovation over blinkered courage, then you send your child to schools where he acquires the knowledge to help build guided rockets to crater the cultural snakepit from which a human smart bomb would emerge.

Which is why the west can afford to be a bit soft around the middle when fighting their enemies. Courage gets beta-maxed and reduced to smoking ruin when you brings a knife to a JDAM fight.

In my half-drunk view, (which is admittedly biased and painted in bitter bitter colors by the latest atrocity of the brave brave souls who massacred defenseless villagers, in the land of my juju-slinging ancestors, and the womb of humanity,) the difference lies in the cultural mindset which shapes the tale of the tape between the two combatants in this main event.

I mean, the west has yet to take the gloves off in this rumble. See what happens if, lets say a sacred secular institution in the West, like the super bowl, gets bombed in suicide attack by courageous Salafist's human smart bombs.

The attackers origins are traced back to Saudi Arabia.

The shock, the grief at the loss of lives, the destruction of a celebrated cultural edifice (even my ex-wife who is Balkan, and doesnt even know the rules of the game would watch it with me) death of people, and the MONEY lost through gambling and sports revenue would be huge.

The sleeping giant that is United States, now sporting a bit of a belly, and wearing pajamas at three pm, would once again be awakened, and pissed off about it too:

"Bomb the place my sacred profit? Sheeeit, well, then I guess the legacy of your prophet will be a mushroom cloud listing over the giant hole in the earth where Mecca used to be, with naught but the pages of burnt korans spiraling like dead leaves amid the ceaseless rain of fallout ash. There may also be the lingering death-incense of burnt camel, and if you listen real real close you just might hear the fading echoes of the unfulfilled prayers of the dead as even their souls could not survive the atomic heat of my innovation...all this will be a fitting monument to your courage dead....and I didnt even need to get off the couch to do bust dat shit Maw-faakaaaa!"

Last edited:

Consider the state of affairs in Europe, where a passive European populace has done little to halt the advancement of Islamic takeover of the West. We have in another thread right now being discussed, Oxford Press deciding it would be best not to use any pig related words "for fear of offending Islam".

what could possibly the populace do to halt the advancement of islam?

a lot of people dislike islam here, most of those people don't say it openly because they would be called extremist right wingers, neonazis, etc.

We cannot compete with Islam with this approach. That is true. They are hungry. We are comfortable, and want to remain comfortable.

MLK:

It is true that the police have exercised a degree of discipline in handling the demonstrators. In this sense they have conducted themselves rather "nonviolently" in public. But for what purpose? To preserve the evil system of segregation. Over the past few years I have consistently preached that nonviolence demands that the means we use must be as pure as the ends we seek. I have tried to make clear that it is wrong to use immoral means to attain moral ends. But now I must affirm that it is just as wrong, or perhaps even more so, to use moral means to preserve immoral ends. Perhaps Mr. Connor and his policemen have been rather nonviolent in public, as was Chief Pritchett in Albany, Georgia, but they have used the moral means of nonviolence to maintain the immoral end of racial injustice. As T. S. Eliot has said: "The last temptation is the greatest treason: To do the right deed for the wrong reason."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back