Oh Ben Carson, you silly man (praising radicalism)

Please. He's just saying the same thing as Yeats in the Second Coming: "The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity."

That people are trying to misconstrue that point is pathetic. I don't even know who Carson is, btw, but it's sad to see this kind of distortion.

I think you're giving him too much credit for being out of touch and out of scale. He's exaggerating the living hell out of the desperation of the "loss of values" at the very least. As if today we should feel as strongly about political correctness as we did about British taxation. Sounds like radical rhetoric to me. Not somebody I could get behind.

Anyone who cannot admit that the Moslem extremists are filled to the brim with courage and conviction are people too blinded by legitimate hatred to point out the obvious virtues of their enemy. It is not that the Moslems are incompetent that we hate them, but because they are formiddable.

The West is indeed spiritually weak compared to the Middle East. We do not have the strength of will to continue the fight, whereas they will fight us for hundreds of years without faltering.

They prevailed against the British, the USSR, and now are beating the USA because they believe they will ultimately triumph. We lose because we think 3,000 American lives is too much a sacrifice.

I'm not question the courage and conviction of ISIS. But I am criticizing this dope for using the most extreme possible examples and holding them up next to "values" in modern, moderate America, as if these things are somehow even in the same universe as the conditions of revolution.

It's as silly as a soccer coach screaming at his players that we put a man on the moon and the Soviets almost beat us in the space race, so you'd better get out there and kick the ball further.

Lol wow the op is so slanted. Jesus Christ

Of course it is. It's a hyperbolic, opinionated rant in response to a hyperbolic call to arms by a cute little conservative darling. I didn't pretend to be even-handed on this one. The Republicans are digging a crazy hole these days, and this is a great example of their comical rhetoric.

Of course it is. It's a hyperbolic, opinionated rant in response to a hyperbolic call to arms by a cute little conservative darling. I didn't pretend to be even-handed on this one. The Republicans are digging a crazy hole these days, and this is a great example of their comical rhetoric.

post 3 who started this?

post 3 who started this?

The good and peaceful people of New York. Al jumped in there too. A lot of you guys seem to think that Al Sharpton is taken much more seriously than he really is. Or rather, you guys and both ends of the media take him more seriously than deserved. Maybe that is a realistic opportunity of courageous conviction, to have the godly impossible heroism to just ignore the annoying fuck.

The point Carson was making is perfectly rational. Liberals are tearing apart the political process with their pc bullshit. We see posts about it here in the wr every day. How is he wrong?:

The good and peaceful people of New York. Al jumped in there too. A lot of you guys seem to think that Al Sharpton is taken much more seriously than he really is. Or rather, you guys and both ends of the media take him more seriously than deserved. Maybe that is a realistic opportunity of courageous conviction, to have the godly impossible heroism to just ignore the annoying fuck.

you're the one that used the NYC Garner incident as a peaceful protest, it was anything but and it's origins go straight to the white house....so who's to blame for these dead cops?

No it isn't. It's just more noisy bullshit to muddy the waters.

Can you explain that? I thought his message was really clear, that we should draw on the convictions of the Founding Fathers and shame ourselves before the comparable courage of Islamic State, in order to address the loss of "values", which is code for clinging to bigotry (in my biased opinion) but at least demonizing all of political correctness as an enemy (in his biased opinion).

What is muddying the waters?

Al Sharpton who has been at the white house over 81 time lead a protest where they said "What do we want dead cops" .... and guess what did they got? dead cops

deaf ears here

Is this about the incident where Fox edited together protest audio to make it sound like people were chanting for dead cops and then the reporter and... an editor?... were fired for doing something so crazy?

you're the one that used the NYC Garner incident as a peaceful protest, it was anything but and it's origins go straight to the white house....so who's to blame for these dead cops?

There's a favorite oxymoron of mine, "overwhelmingly peaceful." NYC exemplified that, while some from a certain political view pretended it was Ferguson, reality doesn't back that up. And especially so after the police performed a mass protest themselves, and crime hasn't overcome the city. Yet the cops were complaining that they weren't allowed to assault protesters. Ha.

I'm not question the courage and conviction of ISIS. But I am criticizing this dope for using the most extreme possible examples and holding them up next to "values" in modern, moderate America, as if these things are somehow even in the same universe as the conditions of revolution.

It's as silly as a soccer coach screaming at his players that we put a man on the moon and the Soviets almost beat us in the space race, so you'd better get out there and kick the ball further.

Save...that it's true: We can't possibly hope to beat them if we do not have a spiritual strength to match them.

They are proving that our military means nothing if we have not the will to use it. They are beating us with sticks and stones, as it were. They're the Ewoks of the world, kicking our Storm Trooper ass (to be silly about it).

The point Carson was making is perfectly rational. Liberals are tearing apart the political process with their pc bullshit. We see posts about it here in the wr every day. How is he wrong?:

That's a point of view and I of course think it's bullshit. But the point he is making is that the right should radicalize (or have the courage and conviction of radicals) to address it, which is so out of scale that he sounds preposterous while bellowing past his own shoe.

No, I just dont believe you. Subtle difference.

you said 8 kids that smoke, I've sourced my side, you've played the role of a monkey throwing feces. please keep your fingers out of your mouth

Save...that it's true: We can't possibly hope to beat them if we do not have a spiritual strength to match them.

They are proving that our military means nothing if we have not the will to use it. They are beating us with sticks and stones, as it were. They're the Ewoks of the world, kicking our Storm Trooper ass (to be silly about it).

The failure of the United States to cripple ISIS is a direct result of an underreaction by our Commander-in-Chief. I criticized him for it months ago and suggested better alternatives, though I looked to the dissidents and pacifists to make their case as well, because I respect their point of view as being the ideal.

It's now time for boots on the ground, but that's another thread.

There's a favorite oxymoron of mine, "overwhelmingly peaceful." NYC exemplified that, while some from a certain political view pretended it was Ferguson, reality doesn't back that up. And especially so after the police performed a mass protest themselves, and crime hasn't overcome the city. Yet the cops were complaining that they weren't allowed to assault protesters. Ha.

even the facts that you presented aren't on your side

please point to cops complaining that they weren't allowed to assault protesters

Back