Oh Ben Carson, you silly man (praising radicalism)

Time isn't a moral force. Change over time is, though. And we don't even need to list the examples, do we?

Typical left wing ranting stops at "He said the founding fathers were ISIS" or other such simple shit.

Change has no moral reference point whatsoever.

Time is an impartial force of nature. Just because something is now considered by the political structure to be bad or good does not mean it is or isn't. In the same way, things that were once considered good or bad do not gain any moral force by the fact that they were once so.

Appealing to the zeitgeist is really an awful argument, which is basically what you were doing when you said that "the right has a hard time with radicalization on guns, god and gays".

As far as guns go, gun laws have been relaxing for twenty years. Is this good or bad? Appealing to the year 2015 won't tell you.

Homosexual marriage? The opinion that it is okay has definitely advanced. Again, this tells you nothing.

Not sure how God or the belief in him becomes radicalized, but I'd imagine fewer people overall go to a place of worship now than used to, and it has probably decreased for both sides. Remember, political beliefs are affinities, not coherent philosophies, at least for the vast majority of folks.

So instead of talking about the year like it means something, one should discuss first principles. Discussions are much more meaningful that way.

I can already see the ads during the republican primary if he runs. "Ben Carson supports ISIS!!!".

I like the idea that Afghanistan "defeated" the US.

Let's see, there's something like a 100-to-1 casualty ratio, Afghanistan went from being a poor place to one of the most miserable on the planet, how exactly did they win?

I'm assuming the answer is "A large part of its population resists US presence and radical groups still exist."

In other words, the US "lost" because they were unable to control millions of peoples' thoughts and behaviors. Well, only the most arrogant and deluded would require changing of thought to be a requirement for military victory. The military is a military, they're not gods or angels that will get a mass of people to do what they want.

That was the stated goal though.

you read the exact plan I signed up for in the other thread

I've gone my whole life without having to stay in a hospital but it would be nice to go to the doctor. As it is we are forced to pay these ridiculous premiums and deductibles so someone else can go to the doctor every time they get a runny nose...unless the people that are being subsidized aren't having their deductibles subsidized?
Another thing to remember is these prices are based on in network providers, go out of your network and you're going to be on the hook for up to 50% of the charges.

This is all you posted in that link. This is the worst source I have ever seen.

He's not jumping off the IQ charts when he's invoking Alinsky's call to marginalize popular views as old-fashioned, when in reality traditional republican conservative views are often hilariously and detrimentally old-fashioned. The reaction to them by the "PC Police" (which paints far too broad a stroke over all liberals) is largely justifiable rather than largely forced and contrived, as he suggests by calling them bullies.

He's double-dipped, and maybe triple-dipped in shit when characterizing gay marriage as people not demanding equal rights, but rather extra rights.

When he called "Obamacare" the most massive shift in power that has ever occurred in America, and the worst thing since slavery, I thought he must be moonlighting as a drool bib's drool bib.

I didn't get an Einstein vibe when he implied that the Nazis didn't believe in what they were doing. Especially compared to his previous comments about the courage in conviction displayed by ISIS and the American Revolutionaries. Ben gets to pick and choose who really believed in what they were doing?

There is a bit more, but that's the good stuff. He's a fucking idiot.

1) He didn't invoke Alinsky's call to marginalize popular views. He stated that Alinsky said that one of the tools used to persuade was to convince the masses that their viewpoints are outdated. His response was to state that people should stand up for their beliefs and not let people bully them into changing them.

It's epitomized in your comment that republican's views are old-fashion, aka outdated. That you used that very rhetorical tool to attack an opposing viewpoint, as Alinsky said you should and as Ben Carson said you would, indicates that Carson has a better grasp of what Alinsky was communicating than those people calling him a moron. :redface:

2) I think he's right on Obamacare. It's a significant shifting of economic power from the individual to the state. Mandated purchase of anything (as opposed to the pure regulation of said thing) is arguably the most significant shift in power we've seen.

Is it the worst thing since slavery? Depends on how you rank other government actions over the years. But don't ignore that he said it's not remotely close to slavery as an atrocity. Again, an opinion that many on the left don't share but that doesn't make the comments moronic.

3) As for extra rights, I'm assuming you glossed over where he said that gay people should get the exact same rights as everyone else. Only that the term "marriage" shouldn't be re-defined. I think many people agree with that while still supporting legal protection for gay marriages. It's more a semantics argument but one that matters to many people.

4) The reason you didn't get an Einstein vibe is probably because he didn't say that the Nazi's didn't support what Hitler was doing. He said many of the German people didn't support it but they didn't say anything or do anything about it while Hitler went about and changed the very nature of their nation. German people, not Nazi's. I'm assuming you don't need me to tell you that all German people weren't Nazis. If you'd stuck to the content of his speech, I don't see how you could say that's moronic either.

So, again, what exactly was "moronic" and what was just a difference of opinion?

1) He didn't invoke Alinsky's call to marginalize popular views. He stated that Alinsky said that one of the tools used to persuade was to convince the masses that their viewpoints are outdated. His response was to state that people should stand up for their beliefs and not let people bully them into changing them.

It's epitomized in your comment that republican's views are old-fashion, aka outdated. That you used that very rhetorical tool to attack an opposing viewpoint, as Alinsky said you should and as Ben Carson said you would, indicates that Carson has a better grasp of what Alinsky was communicating than those people calling him a moron. :redface:

2) I think he's right on Obamacare. It's a significant shifting of economic power from the individual to the state. Mandated purchase of anything (as opposed to the pure regulation of said thing) is arguably the most significant shift in power we've seen.

Is it the worst thing since slavery? Depends on how you rank other government actions over the years. But don't ignore that he said it's not remotely close to slavery as an atrocity. Again, an opinion that many on the left don't share but that doesn't make the comments moronic.

3) As for extra rights, I'm assuming you glossed over where he said that gay people should get the exact same rights as everyone else. Only that the term "marriage" shouldn't be re-defined. I think many people agree with that while still supporting legal protection for gay marriages. It's more a semantics argument but one that matters to many people.

4) The reason you didn't get an Einstein vibe is probably because he didn't say that the Nazi's didn't support what Hitler was doing. He said many of the German people didn't support it but they didn't say anything or do anything about it while Hitler went about and changed the very nature of their nation. German people, not Nazi's. I'm assuming you don't need me to tell you that all German people weren't Nazis. If you'd stuck to the content of his speech, I don't see how you could say that's moronic either.

So, again, what exactly was "moronic" and what was just a difference of opinion?

I'm pissed off because I wrote a very long post that got browser-pwned. But to sum up:

Alinsky would have people characterize ALL opposing views as old-fashioned, or as something else in order to demonize them, marginalize them, etc. And he advises to do that no matter if it's true or false. That the "values" of Republicans happen to be old-fashioned (I don't have to list the examples to you), which is generally agreed upon by the left and center-left, is not because we are PC Police Radicals. The embarrassment is yours and Benny Boy's.

Calling "Obamacare" or as human beings call it, the ACA, the most massive shift of power in American history is so far outside of reality that I'm not wasting any time arguing about it. I'll talk green cheese on the moon first. That's just insulting. Put that one in your pocket as a victory by forfeit, though I don't believe you actually agree with that.

On gay marriage, cut the shit. He says that gay marriage rights are "extra rights" because oh dear, the queers are forcing mommy and daddy to redefine their holy marriages. It's bigotry and bullshit. No amount of word games can change that.

I actually misread his comment about Nazis not supporting Hitler, but it turns out his quote is even worse. Because it's a straight-up lie. The German people did support Hitler. Did popular opinion turn against him late in the game when Germany started getting its shit pushed in? I would guess so. And the German people didn't know about the death camps at the time. They absolutely, in a nearly unprecedented show of support in the history of free elections, supported giving him absolute power in the first place.

Carson should stick to medicine, because in medicine he is brilliant and helps people. In politics, he's another talking-point-spouting, lying, divisive piece of garbage.

What Ben is saying is FACT. We are facing an enemy that has no rules. An enemy that thrives on killing us as much as possible. An enemy that is willing to die for their belief. Yet, our politicians can't call a spade a spade.

The Pope is even calling a spade a spade.

The fucking French, as sissy as they are, THEY at least call radical Islam what it is which is radical Islam.

Ben Carson is RIGHT!!!

Liberals want to sugar coat shit so they don't "hurt people's feelings"

Well guess what assholes, people are dying so maybe feelings aren't needed to be held so high right now. Right now we need people to call it like it is and NOT sugar coat and bullshit everyone.

lol
Harf and her phony glasses.

What Ben is saying is FACT. We are facing an enemy that has no rules. An enemy that thrives on killing us as much as possible. An enemy that is willing to die for their belief. Yet, our politicians can't call a spade a spade.

The Pope is even calling a spade a spade.

The fucking French, as sissy as they are, THEY at least call radical Islam what it is which is radical Islam.

Ben Carson is RIGHT!!!

Well guess what assholes, people are dying so maybe feelings aren't needed to be held so high right now. Right now we need people to call it like it is and NOT sugar coat and bullshit everyone.

We shouldn't sugarcoat the thread of Islamic radicalization, and I'm not criticizing anything he may have said about facing terrorism. He's asking the right to behave with the conviction of American Revolutionaries and Islamic terrorists when confronting the ideas of the left. You missed the point so widely that you're grasping at moon straws.

Though it is worth mentioning that sticking well over a billion people with labels suggesting they're all violent fanatics is almost heart-stoppingly retarded.

We shouldn't sugarcoat the thread of Islamic radicalization, and I'm not criticizing anything he may have said about facing terrorism. He's asking the right to behave with the conviction of American Revolutionaries and Islamic terrorists when confronting the ideas of the left. You missed the point so widely that you're grasping at moon straws.

Though it is worth mentioning that sticking well over a billion people with labels suggesting they're all violent fanatics is almost heart-stoppingly retarded.

In that video Martha MacCallum said "I think the world is looking for a leader, someone in the vein of a Winston Churchill or an F.D.R. who says look, we know what we're facing here, this is a global war. This is girls taken by Boko Haram, this is 132 student children massacred in Pakistan, this is people going out for coffee in Australia, this is people just showing up for work in Paris and there's a common thread here of radical Islamic extremism."

I personally find it truly sad that a reporter is making a statement that should have been made by our President. The problem is there is no leadership and liberal cowards will not call a spade a spade. I truly believe that if Mitt Romney would have won in 2012, that not only would our foreign relations be stronger but he and his administration would also have the backbone to call a spade a spade.

In that video Martha MacCallum said "I think the world is looking for a leader, someone in the vein of a Winston Churchill or an F.D.R. who says look, we know what we're facing here, this is a global war. This is girls taken by Boko Haram, this is 132 student children massacred in Pakistan, this is people going out for coffee in Australia, this is people just showing up for work in Paris and there's a common thread here of radical Islamic extremism."

I personally find it truly sad that a reporter is making a statement that should have been made by our President. The problem is there is no leadership and liberal cowards will not call a spade a spade. I truly believe that if Mitt Romney would have won in 2012, that not only would our foreign relations be stronger but he and his administration would also have the backbone to call a spade a spade.

Go spam a different thread instead bringing your irrelevant babble into mine.

Go spam a different thread instead bringing your irrelevant babble into mine.

maybe you should put a disclaimer in your OP stating that only opinions that match your ideology are welcome, all other points of view will not be taken into consideration and you'll cry about it......

if you dont agree with something, instead of complaining, just ignore it. act like a grown up, its not that hard.

maybe you should put a disclaimer in your OP stating that only opinions that match your ideology are welcome, all other points of view will not be taken into consideration and you'll cry about it......

if you dont agree with something, instead of complaining, just ignore it. act like a grown up, its not that hard.

It's not another point of view, it's a different subject. Go dredge up a thread about our administration's reluctance to take the Fox News narrative that seeks to stereotype Muslims.

There are a tiny few righteous liberals, Bill Maher and Charlie Hebdo being 2 examples who don't shy away from call the Islamic duck a duck.

Good on Bobby Jindal for also calling Islam out.

Back