Oh Ben Carson, you silly man (praising radicalism)

Like A Bas

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ben Carson stuffed his entire shoe down his throat today by saying this:

A bunch of rag tag militiamen defeated the most powerful and professional military force on the planet. Why? Because they believed in what they were doing. They were willing to die for what they believed in," Carson told a luncheon audience of national committee members. "Fast forward to today. What do we have? You've got ISIS. They've got the wrong philosophy, but they're willing to die for it while we are busily giving away every belief and every value for the sake of political correctness. We have to change that.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...thers-isis-both-willing-die-what-they-n287211

If I sign up for the Republican side of the shitcoin, do I get to behead a Berkeley neckbeard?

People are already trying to explain away the comment as encouraging people to have conviction. Boy, he sure could have picked a better fucking example. How about the Montgomery Bus Boycott? How about the NYC protest of the death of Eric Garner? Both were nonviolent acts of civil disobedience, and are "radical" convictions that are more appropriate for today. When would I compare the American Revolution to the Caliphate? I don't know, but not to praise courage of conviction, that is for damn sure. The phrase "giving away every belief and every value for the sake of political correctness" is, when looked at in reality, the slow and glorious death of traditional American bigotry.

That he could only point to radical solutions like armed revolt and ideological violence in the face of modern values is telling. It's a desperate analogy that doesn't hold together in any context. The praise of radical, violent action juxtaposed with our modern, moderate society illuminates the desperation. His comments remind me of the weirdest boner ever that people get when they say, "You know who was the first terrorists in America? The Founding Fathers!"

If you don't like the modern American values of non-prejudice and expansion of civil protection and rights, please do it in a way that makes just one lick of sense. Please don't go off the deep end like our boy Ben Carson and make a terrible incitement of an analogy. The right is already having serious problems with radicalization of its base when we look at issues like guns, gays and god. Don't make it worse on yourselves.

This is the same guy who said Obamacare is equatable to slavery in the 21st century.

How about the NYC protest of the death of Eric Garner?

Al Sharpton who has been at the white house over 81 time lead a protest where they said "What do we want dead cops" .... and guess what did they got? dead cops

deaf ears here

Please. He's just saying the same thing as Yeats in the Second Coming: "The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity."

That people are trying to misconstrue that point is pathetic. I don't even know who Carson is, btw, but it's sad to see this kind of distortion.

Ben Carson stuffed his entire shoe down his throat today by saying this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...thers-isis-both-willing-die-what-they-n287211

If I sign up for the Republican side of the shitcoin, do I get to behead a Berkeley neckbeard?

People are already trying to explain away the comment as encouraging people to have conviction. Boy, he sure could have picked a better fucking example. How about the Montgomery Bus Boycott? How about the NYC protest of the death of Eric Garner? Both were nonviolent acts of civil disobedience, and are "radical" convictions that are more appropriate for today. When would I compare the American Revolution to the Caliphate? I don't know, but not to praise courage of conviction, that is for damn sure. The phrase "giving away every belief and every value for the sake of political correctness" is, when looked at in reality, the slow and glorious death of traditional American bigotry.

That he could only point to radical solutions like armed revolt and ideological violence in the face of modern values is telling. It's a desperate analogy that doesn't hold together in any context. The praise of radical, violent action juxtaposed with our modern, moderate society illuminates the desperation. His comments remind me of the weirdest boner ever that people get when they say, "You know who was the first terrorists in America? The Founding Fathers!"

If you don't like the modern American values of non-prejudice and expansion of civil protection and rights, please do it in a way that makes just one lick of sense. Please don't go off the deep end like our boy Ben Carson and make a terrible incitement of an analogy. The right is already having serious problems with radicalization of its base when we look at issues like guns, gays and god. Don't make it worse on yourselves.

Anyone who cannot admit that the Moslem extremists are filled to the brim with courage and conviction are people too blinded by legitimate hatred to point out the obvious virtues of their enemy. It is not that the Moslems are incompetent that we hate them, but because they are formiddable.

The West is indeed spiritually weak compared to the Middle East. We do not have the strength of will to continue the fight, whereas they will fight us for hundreds of years without faltering.

They prevailed against the British, the USSR, and now are beating the USA because they believe they will ultimately triumph. We lose because we think 3,000 American lives is too much a sacrifice.

This is the same guy who said Obamacare is equatable to slavery in the 21st century.

I sent my premiums in today, it's over $24,000.00 this year IF, I stay in my network...if I don't I'm on the hook for up to $30,000.00 ADDITIONAL.

I bought the very best obamacare bullshit and I'm responsible for up to $60,000.00 per year. I won't use slavery but it's an accurate description.

I sent my premiums in today, it's over $24,000.00 this year IF, I stay in my network...if I don't I'm on the hook for up to $30,000.00 ADDITIONAL.

I bought the very best obamacare bullshit and I'm responsible for up to $60,000.00 per year. I won't use slavery but it's an accurate description.

I believe you.

If the Muslim majority that's willing to play by modern rules were to root out those who weren't (with ferocity similar to the pc crowd shouting racism, sexism, homophobia at every turn) this guy might not feel the need to rally the conviction of others. Not everyone agrees when exactly push comes to shove, but sometimes that's what happens.

You seem to be reading things into it that I'm not.

“We have been the cowards. Lobbing cruise missiles from two thousand miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building. Say what you want about it. Not cowardly.” - Bill Maher, on ABC's Politically Incorrect, 2001.

lol what.

How much do you make?

Please. He's just saying the same thing as Yeats in the Second Coming: "The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity."

That people are trying to misconstrue that point is pathetic. I don't even know who Carson is, btw, but it's sad to see this kind of distortion.

That's kind of important in understanding what he advocates and knowing the types of persons gathering around his soapbox, don't you think? For what it's worth, the quote itself is pretty innocuous to me. I'd have to read it within the context of his speech to know more.

But if you want a full transcript on what a moron this guy is, here's one: http://www.p2016.org/photos14/cpac14/carson030814spt.html. After reading that, go read up on his original views on healthcare reform. The guy is a pandering sellout.

Care to link me to the post? That would actually lend quite a bit of credibility to your posts.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f5...s-post-em-if-youve-got-em-2907683/index3.html

I ended up picking the 500 dollar deductible policy, doctors visits are 15 dollars

the bronze policy would have had me paying $21,000.00 before I got a single penny from the policy, and thats for one person, if 2 people used it I would add another 6 thousand dollars

That means I pay 15 grand and 100% of doctors visits...everything until the deductible was met.

this is absolutely the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever seen

none of that is based off what I make, if I qualified for substitutes it would be cheaper...I don't qualify

You have to pay nearly 50,000 out of pocket for healthcare. I would imagine you'd have to make over a million to have those costs.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f5...s-post-em-if-youve-got-em-2907683/index3.html

I ended up picking the 500 dollar deductible policy, doctors visits are 15 dollars

the bronze policy would have had me paying $21,000.00 before I got a single penny from the policy, and thats for one person, if 2 people used it I would add another 6 thousand dollars

That means I pay 15 grand and 100% of doctors visits...everything until the deductible was met.

I was hoping for documentation, not more claims.

You have to pay nearly 50,000 out of pocket for healthcare. I would imagine you'd have to make over a million to have those costs.

no sorry, for a family of 5 it is 24 grand.

$500.00 dollar deductible per person or $1000.00 per family...maximum out of pocket, in network is a $1,500.00 more. However maximum out of network is all of my premiums plus $15,000.00 per person or $30,000.00 per family

that means if we go on a ski trip, have a serious car wreck out of my local area, I could pay up to 55-60 grand

I'm an s-corp and would pay the penalties on 150 thousand dollars if I chose to not buy the insurance, to be honest, I don't know how much that will be. Even our local tax guy painforlife isn't sure

Have 8 kids that all smoke?

Back