Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
WMMA Fighters need to check on what fights in their weight class are coming up soon and prepare for that date. With this virus fights are getting called off all over the place. The minute you see someone in your weightclass test come back positive you better text/tweet mick and say you been preparing and can fight on a weeks notice.

So at 26 Murata becomes only the sixth UFC straw aged below 27, there are 7 bantams and 13 flyweights.

Most experienced of the under 27s in the UFC with a winning record is Paige 5-3, followed by Robertson 5-2, Ladd 4-1, Delarosa 4-1, Barber 3-1, Ribas 3-0 and Mazo 2-1 ..... then you have 5 at 1-0. Macedo, remarkably, is still on the roster at 1-4.

My conclusion from this is that maybe Dana should re-sign Paige. Any other youngsters, well under 27s who should be signed? Blanchfield for starters?

I got a couple of random thoughts.

It is crazy how many real prospects continue to get signed to 115. 115 is a never ending division for good/promising talent in WMMA. It has been the gold standard WMMA division since Ronda retired. It was the best overall division even when Ronda was still fighting but the star power at the top of 135 overshadowed 115. This why I think a real 105 division would not hurt 115. 115 has so much talent that good fighters will end up having bad records.

The 125 division started slowly but it is starting to build steam with prospects like many expected. The 1st two that come to mind is we got Agapova making noise and Blanchfield is not ready yet but she is on the come up. It also has some big 115ers moving up to make things interesting like Grasso and Calvillo.

135 is still terrible but at least we have Julia Avila making waves with her skills and interesting personality.

145 is a dumpster fire. Can just one damn prospect be found in this division? If that is asking for too much can we have one fighter who is not boring or have serious flaws.

Quite the size difference but good performance from Joselyne Edwards coming back from a split decision loss to Sarah Alpar in 2018. She fights at both 135 and 125.
I did some research and her opponent normally fights at atomweight (lol); and she trains at Kings MMA in LA, which is where Montserrat Ruiz and Sabina Mazo train.

Watching that I was thinking it looked like they were a few weight classes apart, makes sense. Hopefully @BigMuffler missed it and didn't have to watch a Loliweight get slaughtered like that lol

I got a couple of random thoughts.

It is crazy how many real prospects continue to get signed to 115. 115 is a never ending division for good/promising talent in WMMA. It has been the gold standard WMMA division since Ronda retired. It was the best overall division even when Ronda was still fighting but the star power at the top of 135 overshadowed 115. This why I think a real 105 division would not hurt 115. 115 has so much talent that good fighters will end up having bad records.

The 125 division started slowly but it is starting to build steam with prospects like many expected. The 1st two that come to mind is we got Agapova making noise and Blanchfield is not ready yet but she is on the come up. It also has some big 115ers moving up to make things interesting like Grasso and Calvillo.

135 is still terrible but at least we have Julia Avila making waves with her skills and interesting personality.

145 is a dumpster fire. Can just one damn prospect be found in this division? If that is asking for too much can we have one fighter who is not boring or have serious flaws.

125 has Cortez too and I think more will come.
The issue with 125 and 145 is that many ranked fighters are in Bellator; if they were all under the same umbrella 145 would still be weak with Amanda and Cris destroying everyone, but 125 would be legit already.

I was wondering what the deal was with Murata because she had her own page on UFC.com for months now. https://www.ufc.com/athlete/kanako-murata

I'd like to see the UFC (or Invicta) sign some of the Canadian prospects coming up. Jasmine Jasudavicius, Jamey-Lyn Horth Wessels, Lupita Godinez & Melissa Croden (2-0 at 135, 5-0 Amateur; all her fights have been TKO or stoppage; she hasn't really fought anyone experienced yet though).

I was wondering what the deal was with Murata because she had her own page on UFC.com for months now. https://www.ufc.com/athlete/kanako-murata

I'd like to see the UFC (or Invicta) sign some of the Canadian prospects coming up. Jasmine Jasudavicius, Jamey-Lyn Horth Wessels, Lupita Godinez & Melissa Croden (2-0 at 135, 5-0 Amateur; all her fights have been TKO or stoppage; she hasn't really fought anyone experienced yet though).
Interesting she had a page for awhile now. This is the kind of info you gotta share!

Jasmine Jasudavicius was under evaluation by Invicta before COVID-19 but still might be of
interest once Shannon Knapp can start bringing in international talent again which might not
be for a while.

Damn, I was looking forward to getting rich off another Underdog Carla easy win bout.
(not to mention overdue respect that would flow to our Hero and Role Model herself as she moved into pole position for a title shot with the best 4 fight win streak in MMA history).

Thanks Bolsonaro!
picgifs-thanks-obama-41569.gif

edit: but wait. M-Rod the brave says she will not retreat from the battlefield, but proceed with her selfless sacrifice so that Carla may yet have her day in the sun (and I may yet have a pair of designer sunglasses). What a hero <3

Fight is back on, it's just been moved to the Whittaker Vs Till card.

I wish there was a Waffle House near me.

I’ve seen a couple of threads asking who should run the UFC if White were to leave. My answer is Shannon Knapp. She’s worked for the UFC in the past, and seems to be almost universally liked and respected by Invicta fighters. I think she would do a great job, and hiring her would result in so many Sherdoggers’ heads exploding it would be worth it for that alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.