Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
70103-1931282.png

<PlusJuan>

Hill v Waterson should be a lot of fun, it's great to see Angela rewarded with another top 10 ranked opponent after her impressive win over Claudia.

I contribute a large chunk of the news in this thread that drives it. You can’t seem to have a slight disagreement without resorting to insulting the person disagreeing with you. Who’s actually bringing value to this thread?
giphy.gif

Hey now, we all contribute in our own way, not me though, unless you count fighting with the anti wmma people in the heavies.

No doubt you do a lot, especially with your videos & the fight news you post here. Mittens is cool, let's not get into a pissing contest.

He is a genuinely good guy. This board could use a lot more like him.

Purple is great, maybe the only poster along with Zebra & FrankieNYC that literally everyone on this board likes.

Last edited:
Last night's Invicta was a lot of fun.

Emily Ducote vs. Juliana Lima - Ducote got the decision by refusing to give up ground and getting a key takedown toward the end.

Alesha Zappitella vs. Lindsey VanZandt - Zappitella put her head down got takedowns & ground control & ground & pound. VanZandt's always fun to watch. Love the atomweights.

Chelsea Chandler vs. Olivia Parker - Highlight of the night. Chandler looked composed & experienced while smashing Parker with a hard shot to the liver, then a straight left to the face, then applying the rear naked choke in round one.

Trisha Cicero vs. Laura Gallardo - Cicero got the split decision by finding her range and coming on stronger in the third round.

Genia Goodin vs. Shelby Koren - Goodin got the unanimous decision.

Last edited:
Ji Soo Park (1-0) vs Yu Jin Shin (1-0) at ARC 2 July 18th. Park set the record for fastest finish in the Road FC women’s divisions with a 25 second tko in her debut. Upon her own debut, Shin set the record for youngest pro fighter in Road FC at 15. She was 4-0 as an amateur before that.
8DE4437C-AF3D-452A-9C9A-A49E856A7A56.jpeg

Damn, I was looking forward to getting rich off another Underdog Carla easy win bout.
(not to mention overdue respect that would flow to our Hero and Role Model herself as she moved into pole position for a title shot with the best 4 fight win streak in MMA history).

Thanks Bolsonaro!
picgifs-thanks-obama-41569.gif

edit: but wait. M-Rod the brave says she will not retreat from the battlefield, but proceed with her selfless sacrifice so that Carla may yet have her day in the sun (and I may yet have a pair of designer sunglasses). What a hero <3

Quite the size difference but good performance from Joselyne Edwards coming back from a split decision loss to Sarah Alpar in 2018. She fights at both 135 and 125.
I did some research and her opponent normally fights at atomweight (lol); and she trains at Kings MMA in LA, which is where Montserrat Ruiz and Sabina Mazo train.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.