Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen a couple of threads asking who should run the UFC if White were to leave. My answer is Shannon Knapp. She’s worked for the UFC in the past, and seems to be almost universally liked and respected by Invicta fighters. I think she would do a great job, and hiring her would result in so many Sherdoggers’ heads exploding it would be worth it for that alone.

Knapp would be an excellent choice. She's fan friendly, doesn't insult them. Lets fighters be themselves and express their sense of humor and style without being overly controlling. She has a good business sense. Perhaps most significantly, she stays focused on strengthening the quality of each card without making it about herself.

Perhaps you should relocate there. Dependable weather.
:)

Ha! Don't know the deal with Waffle House locations. They're kind of like White Castle in that they're around in some regions and then other regions zilch. Might have to do with non-compete agreements amongst the owners but who the hell knows for sure.

So at 26 Murata becomes only the sixth UFC straw aged below 27, there are 7 bantams and 13 flyweights.

Most experienced of the under 27s in the UFC with a winning record is Paige 5-3, followed by Robertson 5-2, Ladd 4-1, Delarosa 4-1, Barber 3-1, Ribas 3-0 and Mazo 2-1 ..... then you have 5 at 1-0. Macedo, remarkably, is still on the roster at 1-4.

My conclusion from this is that maybe Dana should re-sign Paige. Any other youngsters, well under 27s who should be signed? Blanchfield for starters?
I gotta image Blanchfield will earn her ticket with a win at 41. The 115 champion always gets signed by the ufc pretty quickly I feel bad for Emily thought for sure she won that and now she's won another headliner and still not in the ufc.

No Waffle House near me, and I’m an awfully long way from the Congo.

I can outdo that! I don't even know what Waffle House is (outside from what one can gather from the name) - it's not something I have ran into in any form of popular culture on any meaningful level either, heard the name a few times and that's it.

Oktagon Underground Superfinals
(in my opinion biig fail by refs i have seen Šormová win in semifinal versus Bledá and now? iam 100% sure that Szabová was winner of final match)

BTW rumours says that it was first ever womans main event in big european promotion (idk if its truth)

Superfight (prelims)

Šormová vs Pelechová

SUPERFINAL (Main event)

Last edited:
Ha! Don't know the deal with Waffle House locations. They're kind of like White Castle in that they're around in some regions and then other regions zilch. Might have to do with non-compete agreements amongst the owners but who the hell knows for sure.
Waffle House is a great indicator of whether or not you are in the South (though they have a foothold in parts of the Midwest like Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, and Kentucky by the looks of it)

f96ce66c1fd762309c229919db4e1c97.png

IHOP does exist in the Waffle House territory too so graphic may be misleading in that regard

For a long time, I felt Gadelha was the second best strawweight in the world. Now, I just don't see a path to victory for her in this fight. I think the only way she can win is an early finish, which I don't see her getting. I believe Gadelha will gas, as she does, and Yan will finish her late in the second or in the third.

Her corner killed what was a promising career. Why would they send her back out there to fight on a shredded knee.

She had potential, but to be fair, she was no spring chicken when she was originally injured. A comeback at this point doesn't really seem realistic to me, no matter what kind of therapy she's receiving.

M
For a long time, I felt Gadelha was the second best strawweight in the world. Now, I just don't see a path to victory for her in this fight. I think the only way she can win is an early finish, which I don't see her getting. I believe Gadelha will gas, as she does, and Yan will finish her late in the second or in the third.
I think she was, for a time... but she’s lost a lot of her wrestling technique over the years in an attempt to improve her striking and cardio. Her cardio has never really improved and looked it’s best against Casey and the 2nd Joanna fight. Seeing as the striking focus did improve her hands, I was hoping she’d begging to resharpen her wrestling.. but we haven’t seen that. 2014 - 2016 Claudia probably could’ve decisively beaten Yan, now she’ll be lucky to get a spilt decision.

Waffle House is a great indicator of whether or not you are in the South (though they have a foothold in parts of the Midwest like Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, and Kentucky by the looks of it)

f96ce66c1fd762309c229919db4e1c97.png

IHOP does exist in the Waffle House territory too so graphic may be misleading in that regard

IHOP can be found internationally in some surprising locations.

I think Claudia still handles yan pretty easily or at worst gets a questionable 29-28 but this move to 125 might help her cardio and yan has never impressed me she was getting beat up by muller until she caught her in a sub.
You may be confusing Yan with Wu Yanan there.

I think it can go either way, but I'm leaning towards Claudia getting a split decision.

Thursday July 9

[MMA/KICKBOXING] BFC 56 Minsk, Belarus
Main Card – YouTube – 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT
Ksenia Nikolaeva vs. Svetlana Spetsian

Friday July 10

[BOXING] Wrzesinski vs. Gamez Pionki, Poland
Main Card – TVP Sport – 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT
Sidorenko vs. Kopinska
Grzyb vs. Libiszewska

Saturday July 11

[BOXING] Igbokwe vs. Pendarvis Houston, Texas, USA
Main Card – iPPV (Facebook) – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT