Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance Alexa Grasso gets a recommendation for 125 pounds since 6 pounds isn't a
tiny boo boo but what do I know since Jamie Moyle managed a 9.6 pound difference between
herself & Brianna Van Buren at Invicta FC 33.

Barber looked surprised she made weight.

Karen slots in at #4 (since early weigh ins introduced)

EOgsjOyW4AAMggT

Any chance Alexa Grasso gets a recommendation for 125 pounds since 6 pounds isn't a
tiny boo boo but what do I know since Jamie Moyle managed a 9.6 pound difference between
herself & Brianna Van Buren at Invicta FC 33.

I think 100% she will go up to 125. She had already talked about it.

hot damn, that's almost a dern over - where's that list again?

I believe that's a full Carano. Yikes.
Grasso might have to move up for good since that's the 2nd time she's missed weight by a mile.

Damn that sucks! No sooner do I celebrate Karen Montes removing her good name from the list of ultimate weight failures she goes and blows it even harder. Not coming off that list any time soon now. Maybe she wanted to reclaim her spot and 'bad girl' status.

Too bad because it was one of the more interesting WMMA matches that could be made right now IMO and potential FOTN for all the Conortards to see :( Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about her losing (I actually favored her to win slightly but was increasingly doubtful) and can just focus on WAR ROXY instead...

Damn she looks fit and hard too bad shit commission not letting her beat down overweight grasso.

I dont know why they cant do it on fight night weights.

Fine, have a rule they have to be within 3lb, but make it on the saturday weight.

I dont know why they cant do it on fight night weights.

Fine, have a rule they have to be within 3lb, but make it on the saturday weight.
I did also read that doctors didn't medically clear Grasso, so that probably doesn't matter.

If it means anything it has been a rough 3 months for Lobo MMA with Karina Rodriguez losing
bonus money and a belt at Invicta FC 38 do to missing weight back in November then Alexa Grasso
getting thrown out of UFC 246 this morning do to the same thing which means the only successful
member of the trio is Irene Aldana who beat Ketlen Vieira and got a $50,000.00 dollar bonus back
in December.

This move was about as obvious as Cynthia Calvillo's division change. Things are going to start heating up at 125.

After thinking about it fighters out growing 115 will turn out to be a good thing. 115 had way too much talent. Good fighters would be getting less than ideal record over time just because of how much talent it had. I was hoping that adding a 105 division would help with that so smaller fighters could go to their natural weight. Instead fighters like Cynthia and Grasso became too big and 125 is now their natural division. I still want a 105 division though. It has so much potential but it is spread between too many promotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.