Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 4 fights seem hard to judge except maybe barber/roxy but I'll go:
Holm,
Maycee,
JJ
Gadelha ,

Alexa > Claudia > Carla > Alexa. Although I should be Carla > Claudia AND Alexa.

Just thinking about Mazo VS Aldrich is making me sleepy, not interested at all.

Holm VS Pennington is boring me too. I love Holly, but I think it'll end up being another boring decision like Mazo VS Aldrich.

I hope Modafferi wins by a finish, she's the definition of a hard worker.

Since everyone else seems to be doing it I'll give my thoughts on how the fights will go. This is more of my 1st thoughts on how these fights would go when I heard of the matchups.

Mazo Vs JJ
This is the hardest for me to predict. Mazo's level of Competition has been low and she looked bad vs Moroz. However, we have seen other fighters perform poorly in their UFC debut only to look much better later. JJ is solid but not special. If I had to pick I would go with Mazo. In reality this was a toss up.

Roxy vs Maycee
This one can go bad for either fighter. Maycee has been impressive but also has shown many mistakes that will catch up to her once the level of competition goes up. It would be a mistake for her to rise in the ranks too fast. Roxy is a very good grappler and has an awkward striking style that sometimes confuse better strikers. Roxy will go for a takedown and I would not be surprised if she actually subs Maycee. However, Roxy's biggest weakness is going against physically stronger opponents. She has a tendency of easily getting out muscled if her opponent is stronger with a comparable skill level. I will go with Maycee for this fight but would not be surprised with a Roxy upset due to her huge experience advantage.

Alexa vs Claudia
This is a simple fight. If Claudia has the gas tank she should win. Alexa is allergic to grapplers. Claudia might not have the takedown technique of Carla or Suarez but she does it with strength. Once on the ground I don't think Alexa has much for Claudia outside ofopportunistic subs. I will go with Claudia for this fight. I might have changed my mind if it was a 5 round fight.

Holly vs Rocky
I really don't know. They both have looked pretty bad lately. This one is toss up for me. I just hope it is not as boring as it seems like it is going to be.

Not being the betting sort, can anyone suggest a good online sight to wager a small amount for Saturday?

I think it's actually quite difficult in the USA from what I gather (unless you're in Nevada?) plus there is taxes and stuff but @JimGunn should be able to point you in the right direction

...so when Roxy slays we're all getting platinum accounts on you, right? ;)

I know Rachel Ostovich has a teammate fighting at Invicta FC 39 by the name of Monica Franco
who is a Bantamweight and her record overall is 1-0 so she could go on to a similar situation that
Rachel Ostovich is in or she could be successful.

I think it's actually quite difficult in the USA from what I gather (unless you're in Nevada?) plus there is taxes and stuff but @JimGunn should be able to point you in the right direction

...so when Roxy slays we're all getting platinum accounts on you, right? ;)

I am only going to put $10 down, so no.

:)

It will actually be the first time I ever formally wagered on a sport.

I know Rachel Ostovich has a teammate fighting at Invicta FC 39 by the name of Monica Franco
who is a Bantamweight and her record overall is 1-0 so she could go on to a similar situation that
Rachel Ostovich is in or she could be successful.
Is she as hot as Rachel then?

I am only going to put $10 down, so no.

:)

It will actually be the first time I ever formally wagered on a sport.
If you're only betting ten bucks as a one time thing or once in a blue moon, just find a friend to make a friendly wager with. It'll be too much hassle to make a deposit with a credit card, Moneygram or Bitcoin and have them convert it to dollars then back to Bitcoin. There are sometimes minimum deposit limits, rollover requirements or fees associated with cashing out.

Friday January 17

[MMA] Future FC 11: Braga vs. Neto Sao Paulo, Brazil
Main Card – YouTube – 5:00pm ET / 2:00pm PT
Ketlen Souza vs. Jéssica Delboni

Saturday January 18

[MMA] Fight Exclusive Night 27 Szczecin, Poland
Main Card – Polsat Sport Extra- 2:00pm ET / 11:00am PT
Katarzyna Lubonska vs. Eva Dourthe

[MMA] Peak Fighting 4: The Takeover Hot Springs, Arkansas, USA
Main Card – iPPV (Fite.tv) – 7:30pm ET / 4:30pm PT
Annette Nichols vs. Hanna Olson

[MMA] Rage In The Cage OKC 71 Ardmore, Oklahoma, USA
Main Card – iPPV (Fite.tv) – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Beatrize Martinez vs. Brooke Andrus

[MMA] UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – PPV – 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT
Holly Holm vs. Raquel Pennington
Cláudia Gadelha vs. Alexa Grasso
Preliminary Card – ESPN – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Maycee Barber vs. Roxanne Modafferi
Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 6:30pm ET / 3:30pm PT
Sabina Mazo vs. JJ Aldrich

Sunday January 19

[MUAY THAI] Muay Thai Super Champ Bangkok, Thailand
Main Card – Facebook / YouTube – 6:00am ET / 3:00am PT
Sao Sing vs. Ruslana Vyniavskaya

https://grabakahitman.wordpress.com

If you're only betting ten bucks as a one time thing or once in a blue moon, just find a friend to make a friendly wager with. It'll be too much hassle to make a deposit with a credit card, Moneygram or Bitcoin and have them convert it to dollars then back to Bitcoin. There are sometimes minimum deposit limits, rollover requirements or fees associated with cashing out.

Cool, thanks. I had no idea, obviously.

v.v Mei vs Meng Bo
Tiffany Teo vs Ayaka Miura
Ritu Phogat vs Chu Chiao Chen
Stamp vs Janet Todd for the kickboxing title. Looks like ONE finally realized that Stamp has never defended the KB belt.

Last edited:
It looks like with some of these 115ers growing too big for the division 125 will be getting a lot better sooner than expected.

hot damn, that's almost a dern over - where's that list again?

Rats, that is indeed a bummer.

At least JJ Aldrich then :)

I'm blaming Gadelha for this, if she'd come in at 118.5 we'd still have a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.