Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, I decided to unfollow Leslie Smith due to her raging wokeness that became too much when she went nuts over a beer billboard. Looks like I’m not the only one who things she went overboard:

Apart from the fact shes being utterly ridiculous about the whole thing, the fact that she see's this as some sort of anti women thing is even more ridiculous.

Basically saying that sexual asault is something only women are affected by when just a few days ago a guy in the UK was convicted for nearly 150 rapes of young men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynhard_Sinaga

Jojua politely calling out Kassel to fight for Australia:

Jojua politely calling out Kassel to fight for Australia:

That's a smart callout from Jojua, Kassem might be the worst lady fighter in the UFC right now other than herself (judging by her debut). Also a mirror match in that they look alike (well the boyz in the heavies seem to mix them up anyway). Plus, marketable :D

I'm not sure if her politeness will be reciprocated though ;)
(tho TBF I don't remember Kassem being rude to Kim outside the ring... only inside with the sucka kick, fukkin 'straya m8)

Sorry again for not posting in a while - life gets in the way sometimes.

I was at the Cyborg media day - did a video piece below. I will be there in press row for the fight.

Mazo by decision. Kickboxing and distance control.
Barber by tko. Youth and athleticism.
Grasso by decision. Improved tdd.
Pennington by decision. Finally putting it all together post-accident.

kassem is going back to strawweight acording to her instagram.

Not being the betting sort, can anyone suggest a good online sight to wager a small amount for Saturday?

Cool interview. Thanks for sharing.

I'd forgotten that Alexa broke Carla Esparza's arm in that arm bar attempt and that it was in consideration for wmma fight of the year. Will rewatch. Grasso and her Mexican teammates are giving their all and becoming known as fighters worth watching. Just a few short years ago I was wondering if Alexa could hold her own in the UFC and now I'm delighted that she does.

Her fight against Claudia Gadelha is the one that excites me the most this weekend (Mazo v. Aldrich a close second). Gadelha was once amongst the top in the division and is still dangerous. She recently admitted that for a while her head was not in the game. Now both Claudia and Alexa are proud to be amongst the elite. Win or lose they are both a part of that community. Should be an exciting fight!

Aldrich via basic boxing
Roxy via elbows
Grasso via the power of prayer
Holm via haven't we done this before?

In what company? She cant possibly still be in the UFC can she?
australian top team is a goddamned joke, they shouldn't even be in the ufc (see: suman mokhtarian's antics at ufc busan)

What were the antics?

he was utterly amateurish as well as being cocky which is the worst combo ever. i remember some complaining to ref later in the fight while gtting his face punched in. more from this reddit thread, turns out aust top team has their own promotion and pads their records)

upload_2020-1-16_15-34-57.png

Mazo by UD (definitely more skilled than JJ, but JJ's toughness will keep her from getting finished)
Barber by KO (cheering for Roxy, but...)
Gadelha by UD (and renewed enthusiasm for the sport)
Holm by SD (I don't think either fighter will quit or finish the other. In those cases, usually the more elusive fighter takes it, so Holly).

Oh...and why the hell is Kassem getting another fight in the UFC? I mean, she is hot, but...oh, never mind.

Jarl

ufc 246 thoughts

aldrich v. mazo: if jj can cut off mazo in the ring and throw combos in the pocket she'd stand a chance against mazo, but at range it's mazo's game.

barber v. modafferi: oh man... maycee's strength comes from planting that right foot, that's what gives her punches their pop. she can also kick off either foot, but her rear leg kicks aren't that fast and her big lean back to kick is a big tell. maycee's punches stunned both jj and gillian robertson before she swarmed in for the tko finish. for roxy, the path to victory would be straights to the body and chopping down that lead leg. i wish roxy would adopt fedor/gunni's "punch and clutch", it would be a great tool to add to the arsenal. that said my prediction is ROXY BY SPINNING BACK FIST!!!!

gadelha v. grasso: let's be honest the real fight is always between claudia and her cardio. my pick is alexa to outlast claudia in a UD

holm vs. pennington: rocky was robbed last time, i'm hoping she'll settle it this time. i will always have a soft spot for holly but style-wise this is not in her favour... and it's probably going to be dull to watch

kassem is going back to strawweight acording to her instagram.
Not a fan of this move, she didn’t look undersized at all at 125, and Kim is a big flyweight.
ufc 246 thoughts

aldrich v. mazo: if jj can cut off mazo in the ring and throw combos in the pocket she'd stand a chance against mazo, but at range it's mazo's game.

barber v. modafferi: oh man... maycee's strength comes from planting that right foot, that's what gives her punches their pop. she can also kick off either foot, but her rear leg kicks aren't that fast and her big lean back to kick is a big tell. maycee's punches stunned both jj and gillian robertson before she swarmed in for the tko finish. for roxy, the path to victory would be straights to the body and chopping down that lead leg. i wish roxy would adopt fedor/gunni's "punch and clutch", it would be a great tool to add to the arsenal. that said my prediction is ROXY BY SPINNING BACK FIST!!!!

gadelha v. grasso: let's be honest the real fight is always between claudia and her cardio. my pick is alexa to outlast claudia in a UD

holm vs. pennington: rocky was robbed last time, i'm hoping she'll settle it this time. i will always have a soft spot for holly but style-wise this is not in her favour... and it's probably going to be dull to watch
I think Mazo and Aldrich are about even when it comes to grappling.. at range I think Aldrich is a much better puncher and boxer, but Mazo throws with a lot more variety, and she has the range. I think Mazo should take it, but I wouldn’t be awfully surprised if Aldrich won.

I can’t pick Roxy, but I am very much rooting for her. Some things worth noting I think, is that Maycee has not fought any real veterans of the game before. Her most experienced opponents were Gillian Robertson & Hannah Cifers. As well as the fact that Roxy will be one of the bigger opponents Maycee has fought.

If Grasso can make round 1 real hard, Gadelha will lose. If Gadelha can take her down and have her make a mistake, she can definitely win.

Holm/Pennington hasn’t changed much, imo. I expect it looks a lot like the first fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.