Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
shes been working for a regional promotion doing commentary and interviews on fight pass. cant rmember the name of the company

My issue is that $40k is utterly ridiculous for legal expenses

The filing fee is $2500 and can be waived if you cannot afford it.

you dont have to pay $37,500 on a fucking lawyer, well, you do if its Howard Jacobs and Paul Scott.

The same Paul Scott that turns up at Anderson Silva's hearing and forgets his fucking laptop and all his notes. The same Paul Scott who at Jon Jones hearing admit he only did four hours research and everything he knew about turinabol he got from bodybuilding forums (but charged $2k for that 4 hours web browsing)

If you dont mind paying $40k to two chumps who leave their fucking laptops at home, fine.

This is one area where unionisation could be a benefit. To provide affordable, fair, dedicated legal support to athletes.

You may feel that USADA is fucking Jessica Penne over (we wont know until we see all the evidence), but if so, while USADA are fucking her at one end, vultures like Jacobs and Scott are fucking her at the other end.

The only people that are going to win in this situation are lawyers getting paid $40 grand

Maybe she wants to hire a better lawyer than the two idiots you mentioned? For an extensive trial along with research time, etc. there are lot of billable hours from any halfway decent law firm. Far more variable than the false dichotomy you dishonestly presented.

Shes working for CFFC doing presenting and commentary. No idea how much that brings in though. might just be pocket money

must be half decent money though cos theyve got a decent lineup

You can tell how much she makes by judging a line-up? Wow. Perhaps you could solve all the worlds economic issues by watching a financial infomercial.

Random topic I thought about when I woke up. There has always been rumors that the UFC quietly bought Invicta and lets Shannon run it. I just randomly thought about something that points to that being true. Invicta signed to be streamed on fightpass in 2014. After it was close to dying due to some shady business dealing by a previous owner. Has no one noticed Invicta has never had to extend their contract to stay on fightpass like ever other promotion? How many promotions have come and gone on fightpass all these years but Invicta just stays on it without their deal running out or them having to renegotiate a new deal. Even Combate America used to be on fightpass.

Why is the UFC so scared of revealing that they actually own Invicta.
<209Bitch>

<Oku02> NAME ONE TIME the ufc bent over to help a non-star like that?
You live in a fantasy fucking world where they look out for their fighters instead of using them and throwing them threw the ringer if USADA.
Has ONE FC ever signed a fighter under suspension? Even if they would she'd be almost permanently banned from US compitition for it. Sherdog always with these EASY solutions that are basically impossible.

Dunno about One but David Branch and Ivan Shytkov have both competed while under USADA suspension recently.

Random topic I thought about when I woke up. There has always been rumors that the UFC quietly bought Invicta and lets Shannon run it. I just randomly thought about something that points to that being true. Invicta signed to be streamed on fightpass in 2014. After it was close to dying due to some shady business dealing by a previous owner. Has no one noticed Invicta has never had to extend their contract to stay on fightpass like ever other promotion? How many promotions have come and gone on fightpass all these years but Invicta just stays on it without their deal running out or them having to renegotiate a new deal. Even Combate America used to be on fightpass.

Why is the UFC so scared of revealing that they actually own Invicta.
<209Bitch>

Shannon Knapp is still the owner of Invicta because if UFC owned it there wouldn't be open
contracts and the pay would be a lot better plus POTN & FOTN bonuses would be more then
$1500.00 dollars.All of the promoters on UFC Fight Pass who still do live broadcast there have
long term contracts with ZUFFA unless they opt out and have moved on to other providers.

Shannon Knapp is still the owner of Invicta because if UFC owned it there wouldn't be open
contracts and the pay would be a lot better plus POTN & FOTN bonuses would be more then
$1500.00 dollars.All of the promoters on UFC Fight Pass who still do live broadcast there have
long term contracts with ZUFFA unless they opt out and have moved on to other providers.
I might have to bring back out this video since people might have missed it the last time I posted it. Listen carefully.

Lindsey VanZandt was saying she's still contracted to Invicta, so very kind of Dana to allow her to fight in Bellator and Rizin to earn some extra cash, top fellow.

Whatever happened to Kailin Curran? She had a good run at the Phoenix Rising tournament and then she disappeared.

She is under contract to Invicta but hasn't gotten a booking since Phoenix Rising Strawweights since
Shannon Knapp hasn't run a bunch of Strawweight bouts past that point.

Replacement for the tournament reserve bout for DJ 28 next month.

Not sure on the name

All female event in Spain coming up:

so, I decided to unfollow Leslie Smith due to her raging wokeness that became too much when she went nuts over a beer billboard. Looks like I’m not the only one who things she went overboard:

Leslie lost me a long time ago.

Parlay (4 Picks)

Alexa Grasso -110
Donald Cerrone +250
J.J. Aldrich -115
Roxanne Modafferi +600

Risk - $5
To Win - $432.22

Alright Roxy Nerds, put your money where your mouths are... (and probally lose it, but its only 5 bucks and you'd just waste it anyway)

Take away Roxy's 6 fight loss slide from 2010-2013... and she's 23-10, with wins over Letourneau, Marloes Coenan, Porto, LaRosa (2), Andrea Lee, Barb Honchak, and Antonia Schevchenko..... She's stepped up and knocked off some big names in the past... (I don't think she wins, but I'm not overlooking the possibility.

Leto- Any plans for Invicta in Feb? I'm planning to head out, weather permitting.

Last edited:
She blocked me for calling her out on her bullshit about pay when she signed w Bellator who pays 1000 bucks to prelim fighters

Parlay (4 Picks)

Alexa Grasso -110
Donald Cerrone +250
J.J. Aldrich -115
Roxanne Modafferi +600

Risk - $5
To Win - $432.22

Alright Roxy Nerds, put your money where your mouths are...

I can see the women's fights going either way, but Cowpoke will be the one to lose that for you for sure.

He has no guts at all.

On the other hand, of the bunch, indeed possibly of everyone on the whole card, the one with the most guts, the most intrepid, the grittiest, the most dauntless and implacable warrior, who will fight every inch for every penny someone backed her with (unlike anyone in the main event), is none other than of course...

27982658_1601873073193063_4712221151358343620_o.jpg

No opponent for King Reina? I'm sure they'll just do the usual and find any can that weighs between 150 and 175 pounds and can come to Japan.

Leto, as for the names. Both names are listed twice, even though the picture changes. The fighter on the right is Moe Sasaki. It's actually possible they are showing two different fighters both named Moe Sasaki; Moe (written with that character) is a very common first name and Sasaki is also a common family name. The fighter on the left is (I would read it as) Koeda Kuniho...but both the first and last names are unusual, and I'm not confident that I'm reading it correctly (Might also be Eda Kunihoko...or something else).

Jarl

Last edited:
No opponent for King Reina? I'm sure they'll just do the usual and find any can that ways between 150 and 175 pounds and can come to Japan.

Leto, as for the names. Both names are listed twice, even though the picture changes. The fighter on the right is Moe Sasaki. It's actually possible they are showing two different fighters both named Moe Sasaki; Moe (written with that character) is a very common first name and Sasaki is also a common family name. The fighter on the left is (I would read it as) Koeda Kuniho...but both the first and last names are unusual, and I'm not confident that I'm reading it correctly (Might also be Eda Kunihoko...or something else).

Jarl
Lol, now that I look at the two pictures, it’s the same fighter on the right, just a much older picture at first lol.

I can see the women's fights going either way, but Cowpoke will be the one to lose that for you for sure.

He has no guts at all.

On the other hand, of the bunch, indeed possibly of everyone on the whole card, the one with the most guts, the most intrepid, the grittiest, the most dauntless and implacable warrior, who will fight every inch for every penny someone backed her with (unlike anyone in the main event), is none other than of course...

27982658_1601873073193063_4712221151358343620_o.jpg
Cowboy, no guts? He might lose to Conor but it won't be because of heart. You're talking crazy.

Parlay (4 Picks)

Alexa Grasso -110
Donald Cerrone +250
J.J. Aldrich -115
Roxanne Modafferi +600

Risk - $5
To Win - $432.22

Alright Roxy Nerds, put your money where your mouths are... (and probally lose it, but its only 5 bucks and you'd just waste it anyway)

Take away Roxy's 6 fight loss slide from 2010-2013... and she's 23-10, with wins over Letourneau, Marloes Coenan, Porto, LaRosa (2), Andrea Lee, Barb Honchak, and Antonia Schevchenko..... She's stepped up and knocked off some big names in the past... (I don't think she wins, but I'm not overlooking the possibility.

Leto- Any plans for Invicta in Feb? I'm planning to head out, weather permitting.

I can see Roxy and Grasso pulling out a win but I'm pretty sure Aldrich gets wrecked by Mazo. JJ is on the smaller side for flyweight, not particularly athletic, and she's a fairly basic boxer. That's just asking to get feasted on by a good kickboxer like Mazo who is also big and long for the division and knows how to use her reach.

Grasso vs. Claudia is an epic battle between Claudia's 2 minute gas tank and Grasso's paralyzing fear of wrestlers. It's hard to pick a winner since I don't know who will shit the bed harder.

Roxy vs. Barber should be similar to Roxy vs. Eubanks or Montano. Roxy struggles with opponents who can straight up out-athlete her, but she can usually find some success if they're sloppy and not fundamentally sound. I don't think Barber can get a shutout the way Jennifer Maia did, but she should be able to out-physical Roxy enough to get the win. However, I can see Barber fucking up badly enough through sloppiness and overconfidence to give up a sub or get pounded out.

and she's a fairly basic boxer.

You seem to appreciate "fairly basic boxing" quite much then. :D Cause I her skills super, duper high (especially everything range based and whatnot one can pick up from training with Valentina and Rose and such) and while I'm fairly 50/50 on the fight due to physical attributes (boo! skill is cooler) I think "pretty basic boxer" (and her TKD coolstuff we see every now and then even in the Octagon) skills will be enough and I wouldn't be surprised at all by Mazo's knowledge of "using her reach" get completely baffled by range stuff. Also, Pat F'n Barry gives REALLY GOOD ADVICE, so unless Mazo finishes it before the first break, she's fooked by Pat's expertise =)

Anyway! Hope JJ wins. And hopefully it's a good match (as her fights have been pretty much every time) no matter the result. =)

If Grasso shows up like she did against the singlet lady, she should be able to outlast Gadelha and turn it into victory. If early-UFC Grasso shows up, it's a complete massacre.

I am too afraid to even try to predict (maybe even watch) Roxy/Barber, though. But I guess its gonna be a (prettier, perkier, clean) mini-Cyborg mauling Roxy :(

Aldrich by decision. :)
Grasso by decision or Gadelha 1st round submission.
Barber 1st round TKO :(

Status
Not open for further replies.