Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Oku02> NAME ONE TIME the ufc bent over to help a non-star like that?
You live in a fantasy fucking world where they look out for their fighters instead of using them and throwing them threw the ringer if USADA.
Has ONE FC ever signed a fighter under suspension? Even if they would she'd be almost permanently banned from US compitition for it. Sherdog always with these EASY solutions that are basically impossible.

I'm not talking about a Chuck Liddell job where she does nothing and gets free money. I mean the type of regular jobs that non fighting employees have. I'm sure they could find something for her with her MMA knowledge and connections. She has to apply herself though instead of begging for money on the internet

Whatever happened to Kailin Curran? She had a good run at the Phoenix Rising tournament and then she disappeared.

I'm not talking about a Chuck Liddell job where she does nothing and gets free money. I mean the type of regular jobs that non fighting employees have. I'm sure they could find something for her with her MMA knowledge and connections. She has to apply herself though instead of begging for money on the internet
<YeahOKJen>"I'm sure they could" again a benevolent fantasy.

Why people like you hate someone asking the public for help with lawyer fees I'll never understand, you know the money anyone gives doesn't come out of your account right? <{clintugh}>

Last edited:
Just to update on the Penne case. The supplement/medication being blamed is a hungarian manufactured morning after contraceptive pill

613zzq4uf5L._SY450_.jpg

<YeahOKJen>"I'm sure the could" again a benevolent fantasy.

Why people like you hate someone asking the public for help with lawyer fees I'll never understand, you know the money anyone gives doesn't come out of your account right? <{clintugh}>

I don't hate her I just believe that people who easily have the ability to work shouldn't beg for money

She could get hired in a second at a gym somewhere as a Jiu Jitsu instructor, or just teach private lessons. She's pretty well known for people who follow WMMA

Also, she is suspended for cheating. Yeah I know, they're all innocent

<Oku02> NAME ONE TIME the ufc bent over to help a non-star like that?
You live in a fantasy fucking world where they look out for their fighters instead of using them and throwing them threw the ringer if USADA.
Has ONE FC ever signed a fighter under suspension? Even if they would she'd be almost permanently banned from US compitition for it. Sherdog always with these EASY solutions that are basically impossible.

even funnier is all the people saying “just go to Japan or ONE” as if it’s that easy. A promotion would have to want to sign you. ONE with all their talk of honor, integrity, blah blah, is not going to openly sign someone serving a suspension. Meanwhile, Rizin doesn’t have a strawweight division, and I doubt she can make super atomweight. For strawweight, the U.S. is where it’s at.

What would you suggest then? What if the fighter truly did cheat? Should he be able to fight fighters who did not cheat while fighting the suspension?

Also Jones did not fight while fighting his suspension. The whole Picogram thing was a Las Vegas commission issue and not a USADA issue. Jones had already served his time which is why he was booked for a fight.

He was given a 15 month suspension
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/usada-suspends-jon-jones-15-months-eligible-return/story?id=57948871

Jones has, I believe, tested positive since. USADA has risen to his defense with very little science supporting him.

I don't know how true the Picogram thing is but I watched a video from a guy explaining it and what he said was that when using certain PED your body metabolizes them and stores them in fat tissue. There are 3 types short, medium and long lasting. The issue with Jones is that the picograms found were always long lasting and never the short or medium metabolites. He was also frequently tested due to his history. If they would have found either of short lasting or medium metabolites it would be evidence that he took PEDs again.

The guy brought up an interesting point. When Jones numbers raised where during fight camps. Well if you think about it what are you doing while training for a fight? Cutting weight which means burning off fat and you have to remember that the fat is what is storing the long lasting metabolites.

The same is true for THC. And studies show it is released during metabolism of adipocytes, particularly when cutting, dehydration and changes in ACTH levels. This is particularly true when cutting under fight-week conditions. Total studies that have been done under these conditions: zero. The current levels were arbitrarily selected and have no solid science to support them in any way.

Yet Jones gets a pass for an actual PED and other people get dropped in the shithouse for something that primarily increases your desire to find cheetos? Total and towering hypocrisy, as well as scientifically inconsistent. So typical for USADA. But they can suspend anyone based on poor/non-existent science and the burden of proof lies with the defendent, no presumption of innocence. If USADA were held liable in some way for lost wages or something similar they would be a lot more careful. They are, however, allowed to operate with basically zero accountability outside of the expensive and time consuming legal system.

I don't hate her I just believe that people who easily have the ability to work shouldn't beg for money

She could get hired in a second at a gym somewhere as a Jiu Jitsu instructor, or just teach private lessons. She's pretty well known for people who follow WMMA

She's not asking for rent or gas money. This is a specific one time lawyer cost for people who believe her.

Do you even know if she already has teaching jobs?
These durr get a job ideas show such little thought.
"go teach private lessons or jiu-jitsu" great idea maybe in 5yrs she'd bank the extra $40k ontop of living and can clear her 4yr suspension.

She's not asking for rent or gas money. This is a specific one time lawyer cost for people who believe her.

"go teach private lessons or jiu-jitsu" great idea maybe in 5yrs she'd bank the extra $40k ontop of living and can clear her 4yr suspension.

Why not get a loan instead?

shes been working for a regional promotion doing commentary and interviews on fight pass. cant rmember the name of the company

My issue is that $40k is utterly ridiculous for legal expenses

The filing fee is $2500 and can be waived if you cannot afford it.

you dont have to pay $37,500 on a fucking lawyer, well, you do if its Howard Jacobs and Paul Scott.

The same Paul Scott that turns up at Anderson Silva's hearing and forgets his fucking laptop and all his notes. The same Paul Scott who at Jon Jones hearing admit he only did four hours research and everything he knew about turinabol he got from bodybuilding forums (but charged $2k for that 4 hours web browsing)

If you dont mind paying $40k to two chumps who leave their fucking laptops at home, fine.

This is one area where unionisation could be a benefit. To provide affordable, fair, dedicated legal support to athletes.

You may feel that USADA is fucking Jessica Penne over (we wont know until we see all the evidence), but if so, while USADA are fucking her at one end, vultures like Jacobs and Scott are fucking her at the other end.

The only people that are going to win in this situation are lawyers getting paid $40 grand

Shes working for CFFC doing presenting and commentary. No idea how much that brings in though. might just be pocket money

must be half decent money though cos theyve got a decent lineup

didn't similar situation (sans gofundme) take like 3 years from Barnett to be cleared?

nah, it was about 14 months, and a lot of that was cos Josh retired, left the testing pool and was flying all over Japan doing wrestling.

Shes working for CFFC doing presenting and commentary. No idea how much that brings in though. might just be pocket money

must be half decent money though cos theyve got a decent lineup

Seems like she wants to live that Conor lifestyle while being a prelim fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.