Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juliana Lima has apparently signed with invicta.

When did Dana release her because the impression she was giving off on her
Instagram page was she had a fight coming up and it was fairly soon.

Looks like Joanna leaving UFC, she tagged ONE Championship here for some reason.

What is happening on Invicta 34? Outside of Pearl vs Porto I can't find anything booked isn't it this week too?

Looks like Joanna leaving UFC, she tagged ONE Championship here for some reason.

Guess she deleted the tag, what a tease.

Ok I see it, you just have to tap the photo.

Last edited:
What is happening on Invicta 34? Outside of Pearl vs Porto I can't find anything booked isn't it this week too?

According to the latest event schedule on Fight Pass that card is scheduled for
the 15th of next month with a 8 pm EST start time.

Ok I see it, you just have to tap the photo.
It was kinda predictable after UFC 230 drama, pretty obvious UFC didn't want her as champion, her camp for UFC 231 was shortest in her UFC's career.
Also probably will change camp.

It was kinda predictable after UFC 230 drama, pretty obvious UFC didn't want her as champion, her camp for UFC 231 was shortest in her UFC's career.
Also probably will change camp.

Nunes did it right, pulling out when she wasn't 100%, insisting on a long camp when she moved up a division. Joanna kind of chose the money over the legacy. Makes sense to move on, probably more money for Asia in Asia.

Nunes did it right, pulling out when she wasn't 100%, insisting on a long camp when she moved up a division. Joanna kind of chose the money over the legacy. Makes sense to move on, probably more money for Asia in Asia.
Joanna probably has more options than 90% of the roster in the UFC. She also isn’t being paid as much now that she isn’t champ, so smaller orgs may be able to offer competitive contracts.

She would have big fights vs Macfarlane, Lee, and Xiong.. or she could go to KSW, and make money fighting in her home country. She could also enter the Rizin 125lb tournament. At this point, she’ll be well taken care of relative to her peers anywhere she goes.

Nah I think it's very good move, if 6 UFC belts is not legacy, there's no point to fight in UFC for legacy.
Legacy is illusion and money for health you will leave in octagon is real.

Does seem odd she would be In Indonesia with ONE having an event there on the 19th. Could also be coincidental, and decided to watch an event. We'll have to see.

People are really reaching with this Joanna and OneFC thing. I could understand if there was actual evidence but we just have a random tag where tagging One does not even make sense. You think we would not have heard by now that Joanna was going to be a free agent after her last fight? Fighters who become free agents have a 2 or 3 months exclusive negotiation time where they can only talk to the UFC. We are not past that time since her last fight so even if she was a free agent she still would not be able to talk to One.

Do you guys really think the UFC want to see Andrade as champ? They'll find a way.
why not? she could be the new "Cyborg" for UFC :) after all, cyborg herself was never what you would think of as a marketable champion with her looks and minimal english. but they still ended up creating a division for her

Last edited:
why not? she could be the new "Cyborg" for UFC :) after all, cyborg herself was never what you would think of as a marketable champion with her looks and minimal english. but they still ended up creating a division for her

Cyborg has an American boyfriend who talks mad shittalk for her, this greatly helps building Cyborg as a freakshow which captures casual fans' attention.

Andrade would be another Brazilian fighter which only hardcore mma fan cares.

Cyborg has an American boyfriend who talks mad shittalk for her, this greatly helps building Cyborg as a freakshow which captures casual fans' attention.

Andrade would be another Brazilian fighter which only hardcore mma fan cares.

Is Cyborg still going out with broke-dick?

People are really reaching with this Joanna and OneFC thing. I could understand if there was actual evidence but we just have a random tag where tagging One does not even make sense. You think we would not have heard by now that Joanna was going to be a free agent after her last fight? Fighters who become free agents have a 2 or 3 months exclusive negotiation time where they can only talk to the UFC. We are not past that time since her last fight so even if she was a free agent she still would not be able to talk to One.

As pointed out elsewhere it was probably some auto correct typo, her shorts came from a firm called oneteaspoon, so was maybe tagging them. Why it autocorrected to onechampionship is another matter though.

Cyborg has a decade of dominance on her side stretching among many different organizations to build her popularity off of. Before WMMA was even a thing in the UFC, many MMA fans were already aware of her since she was co-headliner on the Strikeforce Fedor-Werdum card.

But if Andrade gets the belt and racks up defenses - particularly if she wins them in devastating fashion like starching poor KK - she can be an okay draw especially if she learns a tad bit of English.

Remember that video from a few years ago of Sarah McMann getting subbed at a grappling competition by 16 year old Alexandria Enriquez?

Erinquez had her first mma fight back in August.

Remember that video from a few years ago of Sarah McMann getting subbed at a grappling competition by 16 year old Alexandria Enriquez?

Erinquez had her first mma fight back in August.

Shit. That kid was a like a ex wife who just found out the real reason you left. Vicious as hell.

But if Andrade gets the belt and racks up defenses - particularly if she wins them in devastating fashion like starching poor KK - she can be an okay draw especially if she learns a tad bit of English.

I'm typically not a fan of the Brazilian fighters, but Andrade doesn't bother me.

While Anthony Smith was talking to Helwani, you could see the gym whiteboard behind him for a moment; and it had Maycee Barber as scheduled for 3/23 in Nashville. That's also the date Mckenzie Dern is supposed to be fighting.

@leto1776

What's the viewing situation for ONE? With the shit they're doing recently, plus Garry Tonan (and eventually Gordon Ryan) I'm gonna have to start paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.