Official Women's Division Discussion #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. That is the whole point of weight-class.

But i get it, Bec presence on that list is weird. Save us Paige.
Jo is still a strawweight on a 2 win streak though,and its not that its weird having Bec there,it just makes her out to be something that she isn't....a decent fighter
Mackenzie Dern will be champion very soon. Just sayin.
the minute after she had her 1st fight,she went straight to the top of the ''hottest wmma fighter'' list,that appear on here almost on a weekly basis.

But i get it, Bec presence on that list is weird. Save us Paige.

I'm not terribly confident in VanZant having the ability to spare us from having to endure more Rawlings. Bec is a big/strong SW. PVZ is not. Namajunas is no powerhouse, but she had no trouble tossing VanZant around the cage. Unfortunately, I see Rawlings taking that one.

What are the thoughts and feelings about the Moroz/Taylor fight coming up? Will Taylor be able to get close enough to land some of her power bombs? How do you think Moroz will handle the fight?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/1/12343186/welcome-to-the-ufc-taylor-silva

A new women’s strawweight is on her way to the UFC for a short notice debut in Salt Lake. And there’s a new Brazilian lightweight getting the call for the upcoming Vancouver card.

Also:

http://www.si.com/mma/2016/08/01/bellator-160-lena-ovchynnikova-jaimelene-nievera

Lena Ovchynnikova vs. Jaimelene Nievera added to Bellator 160

Bellator 160 is shaping up to be a stacked card and now another fight has been added. According to a source close to the promotion, Lena Ovchynnikova (11–4) and Jaimelene Nievera (4–1) will fight in a flyweight bout. The event will be held at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., on Aug. 26th, and the main card, which includes this bout, will air on Spike TV.

The fight is Nivera’s second in Bellator, as she defeated Stephanie Frausto via TKO in the third round at Bellator 154. Ovchynnikova is an accomplished kickboxer and makes her first appearance at the promotion since her loss to Rebecca Ruth at Bellator 150 in February.

Soooo, Rawlings is on a win streak? Was there another line-up for inactive win streak? As rarely as a lot of the SWs compete, I've gotta wonder if there aren't some that also have two consecutive wins. Someone needs to stop Rawlings' run! I believe Jedrzejczyk may be the one for the job. Here's to hoping the UFC will feed Rawlings into that grinder (so that the lovely KK can stay in tact for a while longer.)
Bec should have lost to Ham.

I'm not terribly confident in VanZant having the ability to spare us from having to endure more Rawlings. Bec is a big/strong SW. PVZ is not. Namajunas is no powerhouse, but she had no trouble tossing VanZant around the cage. Unfortunately, I see Rawlings taking that one.

What are the thoughts and feelings about the Moroz/Taylor fight coming up? Will Taylor be able to get close enough to land some of her power bombs? How do you think Moroz will handle the fight?
I think Moroz should win barring a bad weight cut. Her last fight she looked drained at the weigh ins and didn't gas in the fight with Stanciu but didn't impress either.

7" reach is a lot for Taylor to overcome.

Agree on Rawlings as well.

Randa is on a four fight win streak as far as i'm concerned.....

:p

Randa is on a four fight win streak as far as i'm concerned.....

:p
R8mplVt.gif

I don't think she's slow per say,more a stalking/plodding style,i really see her giving JJ a tough night,if she can overcome Andrade.

I think so too, mainly because I think Jo Jo is one of the few girls who has the skillset that can really hurt Jo jed. Jo Jo is a very dangerous fighter when she's on her game. I'm not saying she's more skilled than Jo jed, just that Jo Jo is dangerous and can change the direction of a fight with a single attack.

Fack. I'm torn on who to choose to lose between PVZ and Rawlings.

Fack. I'm torn on who to choose to lose between PVZ and Rawlings.

Full-on rooting for PVZ to beat her. I like Paige. Bec on the other hand really irked me on TUF with her shenanigans. She and Magana acted atrociously. .

That said, Bec's size and striking should pose problems. Hopefully PVZ can outlast her and use her cardio and scrambles to win the decision.

Full-on rooting for PVZ to beat her. I like Paige. Bec on the other hand really irked me on TUF with her shenanigans. She and Magana acted atrociously. .

That said, Bec's size and striking should pose problems. Hopefully PVZ can outlast her and use her cardio and scrambles to win the decision.
If it comes down to who I'd want to see lose, it'd have to be bec. I'm just not sure if PVZ will get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back