Official Women's Division Discussion #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Moroz should win barring a bad weight cut. Her last fight she looked drained at the weigh ins and didn't gas in the fight with Stanciu but didn't impress either.

7" reach is a lot for Taylor to overcome.

Agree on Rawlings as well.

Do you think the UFC reached out to all of the SWs that don't have a fight lined up (or recently fought) and were unable to find someone willing to face Moroz? Perhaps no one would've been able to make weight in time. I'm still surprised that Taylor was signed on to fight. She's actually considered going down to 105. Part of me wonders if she will end up like Ham (a smaller fighter that ends up facing much larger opponents.) Guess we'll find out soon enough if she's up for the task.

This could have been there a while, but there is an "all access" video of the Grasso/Mizuki fight at Invicta FC 11 on their site. They end with this shot of Grasso:

2vxq6g4.jpg

Fack. I'm torn on who to choose to lose between PVZ and Rawlings.

I find this to be an easy call. Sure, the PVZ hype is annoying as hell, but Bec seriously gets on my nerves. Tried to read her "writing" during the TUF season, and, well, I made three tries.

Never again.

Jo Jo is on her way back to tristar to prepare for andrade. I hope she's been keeping an eye on her diet!

I'd rather see JJ and KK fight in Poland, would be huge.
I had a mini rant over in the Joanna thread, but there is only one sensible place to hold that fight: the Steel City, City of Champions, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.

Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
Polish fighters
Polish Hill neighborhood
Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh Pirates
PNC Park
Primanti Bros. sandwiches

Heinz Ketchup? Red with white label. Polish Flag? Red and white.

Too much significance there to be a coincidence.
anonymous-20110505214756.jpg

Primanti-Bros_logo.jpg

hzk_3d_14oz_glassbottle_ketchup-small.ashx

Could have made a good argument for Chicago. Been quite a while since I have been to a fight. Assuming it is somewhere that I like, I will probably show up for it.

Now that I type this out, I realize I have not taken a vacation in five years, so a few days will do me some good.

Could have made a good argument for Chicago. Been quite a while since I have been to a fight. Assuming it is somewhere that I like, I will probably show up for it.

Now that I type this out, I realize I have not taken a vacation in five years, so a few days will do me some good.

Chicago would work, as well. I remember when Grabowski fought in Bellator, he fought in Chicago and there were Polish flags everywhere that night.

Chicago would work, as well. I remember when Grabowski fought in Bellator, he fought in Chicago and there were Polish flags everywhere that night.

Yeah, I was stationed there (OK, Great Lakes NTC about an hour North) in the 80's. Polish food everywhere. I ate pretty good the few months I was there.

The city itself is very easy to navigate if you do not have a car, which is always a plus when you are from out of town. I would much rather try to get around Chicago than I would NY or LA.

The fight will be in Manchester UK, deal with it :p

I'd rather see JJ and KK fight in Poland, would be huge.

I like the idea of it at the MSG card just because it's such an important event that it will up the magnitude of the fight, plus the polish population there, plus It's KK's dream to fight there, plus Joanna wants to fight there. It just seems like everything makes sense to do it there.

Kyra Batara (5-3) takes on Lisa Ellis (15-10) next week at Combate Americas: Combate Ocho. Available on Fight Pass, and some Spanish language network on the U.S. West coast.

This fight should truly show if Ellis still has it r not. Batara is coming off a win against a girl that definitely had dwarfish features. Had her in twister position, couldn't submit her, so punched her until the ref stopped it.

Kyra Batara (5-3) takes on Lisa Ellis (15-10) next week at Combate Americas: Combate Ocho. Available on Fight Pass, and some Spanish language network on the U.S. West coast.

This fight should truly show if Ellis still has it r not....

Or is simply a bored housewife. I don't know enough about Ellis to say what her "it" is/was, but is it safe to say that she is from the old school? I may be going out on a limb here, but it seems that success in modern WMMA requires one to possess at least a LITTLE bit of killer instinct. Ellis has never given me the impression that she has such. Am I way off in expecting Batara to take this one?

Might be the highlight of a mostly dull looking card (along with Moroz).
I wonder how she'll be received by teh heavies :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back