Official Women's Division Discussion #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not hating so much on Stanley about her not making weight on account of her stepping in on five days notice (you can't just go to a sauna and melt the excess pounds away, there are potential medical issues in play in order to make weight safely).

Check out some of her vids. She's a beast. I imagine they are pretty careful about who they put her in the cage with, and I have a nagging suspicion that those fights are "fixed," anyway. Perhaps they don't tell her but only her opponent. When it comes to Japanese entertainment, nothing's shocking.

She may be able to hold her own in a match, but I'm still uncomfortable with booking a 12 year old girl against a full grown woman.

She may be able to hold her own in a match, but I'm still uncomfortable with booking a 12 year old girl against a full grown woman.

As mentioned, her fights are probably fixed. Japan does some crazy stuff, but I don't think they would allow a tween to get her ass kicked in a cage.

I'm not hating so much on Stanley about her not making weight on account of her stepping in on five days notice (you can't just go to a sauna and melt the excess pounds away, there are potential medical issues in play in order to make weight safely).

I'm perfectly fine with Stanley coming in over the limit. I don't get the impression that she fights so that she can show the world her professionalism. I don't know anything about her opponent. Stanley almost reminds me of Amanda Bell. All amped up and ready to rage out, but a skilled opponent might shut it right down. The thing I like about Stanley is that her fights are guaranteed to be exciting.

So do you guys think Megan Anderson should fight Charmaine Tweet, or go for Cyborg?

Not a fan of Anderson vs Tweet but I understand the situation. Sucks that she has to go backwards twice in terms of opponents before a title shot but it is what it is.

I do wonder who Invicta will chose to welcome newcomer Amy "Donkey Kong" Coleman, though. Maybe Faith Van Duin?

Peggy Morgan talking retirement

28be3cc7e613491ba17a3a648214ef0d.png

gotta admit, never a Peggy Morgan fan, but she won me over last night, tough as hell, didnt quit at all

Irene Aldan got to meet one of her favorite fighters last night:

With Grasso post fight:

Speaking of Grasso, here she is spending quality time with dad in KC:

And for the pervs, a gratuitous weigh in photo. I love Alexa, but that crease her stomach makes at weigh ins is creepy

Last edited:
]

It looks like her t-shirt says Alexa Brasso ??

nah it says grasso it's just shitty lettering

13827338_269171850128369_1314705146_n.jpg

So after her win, Miesha Tate is in the ring and gives Cindy Dandois a hug. Then Heather Clark gives Cindy Dandois a hug a kiss on the cheek. Then Miesha Tate gives another hug signal so she can give her a kiss on the cheek too. Sherdog doesn't show any of them in the same camp, but that stuff probably doesn't get updated much.

ConlP8dWYAEv7iB.jpg:large

Last edited:
Sherdog doesn't show any of them in the same camp
Really? Pretty sure HJC & Miesha have been together at Xtreme Couture for awhile now. Cindy goes there as well as another gym in Europe, I believe.

Really? Pretty sure HJC & Miesha have been together at Xtreme Couture for awhile now. Cindy goes there as well as another gym in Europe, I believe.

Sherdog shows Clark as part of SYNDICATE MMA. They do have Tate at XTreme Couture, although they show Tacoma, Washington for some reason. I think Tate might have gone to high school there. I guess the city is where they are "from originally".

They said in the Invicta broadcast that Megan Anderson now fights out of Kansas City.

This video show her training in Kansas City and says she gets homesick and thought about returning to Australia after her loss to Dandois. Apparently she only came for 2 1/2 weeks prior to her fight with Dandois and then hung around.
http://www.twcsportschannel.com/videos/2016/07/07/kc-megan-anderson

"Don't try to play crazy with me, I'll always be better at it" is one of her tweets. She considers herself a tattoo collector. :(

Last edited:
I've been all hopped up on the idea of a women's 125 division in the UFC, but I'm curious if there are enough top competitors to warrant the addition. I'm sure a few would be poached from Invicta. Maybe a few going up from 115 and/or down from 135. Would it be difficult to put together a roster of 15+ competitive women at 125?

I've been all hopped up on the idea of a women's 125 division in the UFC, but I'm curious if there are enough top competitors to warrant the addition. I'm sure a few would be poached from Invicta. Maybe a few going up from 115 and/or down from 135. Would it be difficult to put together a roster of 15+ competitive women at 125?
i think you could get ten fighters from the existing straweight and bantamweight divisions, plus another ten from invicta and other orgs.
but it would temporarily leave straweight thin, and once again hit invicta.
id like to see it but maybe hold off a year.
kowalkewicz won convincingly last night, i was surprised at roses striking, considering kk had beaten mizuki, i thought she would bust rose up.
still a win is a win.
interestingly every "expert" on mma junkie got her fight prediction wrong, as well as all the others on the main card.
at this point in time i still think karolina loses to jj, but id be excited to watch.
and much as i like jojo, she is too slow and outside of a spinning knockdown or a liver shot by knee, would get beaten.
still, never say never :D
i still see grasso as a big threat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back