• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Taylor vs. Catterall 2 5/25 3PM ET (ESPN+)

I don't know wtf happened to him. He was legimitately good at one point, and IMO clearly the best boxer in Britain. The Reggie win was excellent, he was a unified champ, and now look.

Not since Nando have I seen someone become shot this young.

Though in Nando's case it was actually long before he was even 30.

He’s dropped off but catterall is a better fighter than he’s given credit for. Any version of Taylor has a tough fight with catterall imo

He’s dropped off but catterall is a better fighter than he’s given credit for. Any version of Taylor has a tough fight with catterall imo

Yeah you're probably right, it's a bit of both as is usually the case.

I'll be honest I'd never even seen Jack fight before the first fight, but it seems like he's legit and much better than he was given credit for.

Woah, random Bob Arum rant.

Shut the fuck up Arum

Arum shut the fuck up

100 year old bob arum steals the show!!

Arum is a good example of why we don't need to respect ALL of our elders.

Arum is a snake, but honestly he does deserve respect.

The guy is 93 this year, and still a full time boxing promoter, one of the major players in boxing still. Still jetting around the world for most big fights, I mean wtf <lmao>

The sheer longevity of the man.

uyoXx0qpUWfQs.webp

The guy is 93 this year, and still a full time boxing promoter, one of the major players in boxing still. Still jetting around the world for most big fights, I mean wtf <lmao>

uyoXx0qpUWfQs.webp
He's fueled by the souls of the innocent. There's nothing impressive about it

uyoXx0qpUWfQs.webp
Can't believe him and Don King still around.

Trilogy actually makes sense IMO. Taylor is shot to bits but he reached highs enough one point to let him a chance to ride out on a series win. Catterall is very basic at this level. Shot FW Linares took multiple rounds off him lol... He has no shot at beating a prime champ. I mean unless you want to see him bludgeoned by a Matias I don't know I think trilogy makes sense for both and this was a good fight much better than the first.

Need to rewind it back again but it was super close. Agree with Arum, the cards were horrendous that made it look like a dominant win for Catteral.

I think a trilogy makes sense. Taylor has definitely regressed from his best days but even now he is still fairly good. Let's see a third to settle it.

taylor did better than the first fight but lost big lol shows how bogus #1 was

Trilogy actually makes sense IMO. Taylor is shot to bits but he reached highs enough one point to let him a chance to ride out on a series win. Catterall is very basic at this level. Shot FW Linares took multiple rounds off him lol... He has no shot at beating a prime champ. I mean unless you want to see him bludgeoned by a Matias I don't know I think trilogy makes sense for both and this was a good fight much better than the first.

To each their own, but i think we've all had enough of these two together. Catterall won't feel like he needs to fight Taylor again anyway, and in fact he said he's closing the Taylor chapter so i think he's done with all this.

I would've liked to see Catterall call out Matias... you know, the 140 champ with Matchroom that god himself won't utter the name of, but of course he calls out Teo, who is with TR, because of course he does.

We really don't. There's nothing left to prove. And the alternatives are more exciting.

Catterall needs to go and build his legacy. Go and try win a title, which is no mean feat in possibly the most stacked division in all of boxing. Some really good prospects as well in azim and dalton smith

Taylor needs to rebuild. He’s not done yet. He’s already taken the 0s of 2 of the best guys in this division

Taylor had a great run to undisputed, but it was built on a style that required absolute supreme conditioning and even then there were some close fights.

I don’t think he’s shot, but whether it’s the weight or the self abuse (or likely both), he’s not at his prime so will struggle with the top guys now.

I don’t think Taylor brings anything to WW.

Regardless of the controversy, this was a great fight! I agree that Taylor is past his prime but he will make for more fun fights at a level just below elite. Who knows if he can win another world title; it seems unlikely but I hope he can garner a couple of paydays and retire well.

I don't follow boxing like I used to, but this fight brought back some of that old juice.

Back