RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Navarette vs. Berinchyk Discussion 5/18 9PM ET ESPN / ESPN+

This is an awkward cat and mouse game. Most fighters can't handle the power, reach and odd timing of Navarette. DB is handling this expertly and exposing the gaps in the bad footwork and angles. Navarette can't hit him cleanly or time him either. Something tells me that DB is used to training with guys who move laterally. Maybe like, Loma? Lol

another round for berinchyk. at this point, navarette needs to do something drastic to turn things around.

So is this like the UFC of boxing or the bellator?
Well.... Navarette is fighting a couple of weight classes above ideal... he's attempting to win a title in a 4th weight division. You can see he's tubby at the weight, and he doesn't have the crushing power (relatively) that he had in those lower weight classes. That said, that power hides a multitude of sins that he was able to get away with at lower weight. he telegraphs so much of what he does that a guy with good footwork and handspeed is a problem.

Berinchyk is feather fisted, but is so fucking awkward he's hard to hit cleanly if you are Navarette. Dude is like jazz. ..and not the smooth type.

I would put this at UFC level, but it's two fighters that absolutely do not mesh up to make a pleasing fight.

Well.... Navarette is fighting a couple of weight classes above ideal... he's attempting to win a title in a 4th weight division. You can see he's tubby at the weight, and he doesn't have the crushing power (relatively) that he had in those lower weight classes. That said, that power hides a multitude of sins that he was able to get away with at lower weight. he telegraphs so much of what he does that a guy with good footwork and handspeed is a problem.

Berinchyk is feather fisted, but is so fucking awkward he's hard to hit cleanly if you are Navarette. Dude is like jazz. ..and not the smooth type.

I would put this at UFC level, but it's two fighters that absolutely do not mesh up to make a pleasing fight.

Great breakdown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back