• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Davis vs. Martin 6/15 8PM ET (PBC on Prime PPV)

tank is the best fighter in the world to me at the moment. the closest thing we've seen to tyson since tyson imo just takes a bit longer to get going. but every fight, it feels like we're going to see a KOTY contender and we usually are. the combo of speed, power, and craft is unlike anything i've seen in a long time.

He needs to fight top guys. Can't some Sheik give him and someone else $25 million? It ain't my money, lol.

Doesn't seem like Benavidez has bulked himself up for 175. Might be a mistake not to against the top guys
Don't think he's got the genetics to put on muscle like that. If he gains weight it'll be mostly fat

is benavidez taking this fight to try and challenge beterbiev for the official belt? seems like a bad idea.

Bivol and Biev both beat this Benny. Time will tell with David, however.

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I'm noticing a difference in style. One guy is fluid and creative. The other is too hardwired by gym training. Some guys are just so rigid in their technique that they don't know how to adapt and be creative or adaptable. No ability to call "audibles." Just gym training and gym training only.

I don't think I've ever seen a champion that is purely gym trained. Every reigning champ I've observed has the ability to fight in their own style and adapt to the situation. Gym training is a foundation. Not gospel. Gotta know how to take what you learned and make it your own.

Correct me if i'm wrong though.
what you're describing is the difference between a great amateur and a great professional.

what you're describing is the difference between a great amateur and a great professional.

At least he's willing to ask. You've got to appreciate a curious, inquisitive mind on the boards, as opposed to the common incorrect asshole we get.

look at benavidez's face .. has he ever looked like that .. also he didn't faze gzodyk with his hardest shots .. too bad this was another old man young man fight .. would be nice to see younger gvodyk against benavidez .. we always get these frustrating what could have been fights smh

Last edited:
Benny looked meh as meh could be after that first few rounds.

Benavidez really is a machine. Just madness he can keep such a pace but I think Gvozdyk never give him anything to think about.

I can why folks think Canelo doesn't want any. That said I see some holes in Benavizez defense and openings where somebody like Canelo could take advantage and crack. Benavizez is pretty much all offense, it's exciting and for sure he'll be tough to beat.

If this doesn't convince Canelo to take the fight then I don't think we ever get it. 117-111 imo
I don't think Canelo wants the smoke. Benevidez is able to school dudes at LHW. Canelo just doesn't have the weight, size, reach to compete with someone like benevidez who is naturally larger and comparably skilled. From what I've heard, Canelo already declined a 90/10 split. I think Canelo just doesn't have the humility to admit that size matters. His ego is too big to admit that Benavidez is super skilled and much bigger. He's a problem for him. I don't think that fight happens unless the Saudi's are OK with taking a financial loss for the sake of creating their dream fight. But I also don't think anyone considers this a dream fight. At least not anyone who understands why weight classes exist.

Good fight by Benavidez.
Gvoz looked like he bulked up with the plan to not get KOd.

There is zero reason for Canelo to fight Benavidez personally. For us? Sure. For Benny? Definitely.

This was not a performance that leads to me thinking he can immediately be competitive with Bivol or Biev
Agreed. He lacks pop at LHW. Beterbiev will just walk him down and he won't be able to keep him off. To be fair nobody has been able to so it isn't just Benavidez. Let's see how he looks going forward though. Once he acclimates to LHW.

Back