• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Davis vs. Martin 6/15 8PM ET (PBC on Prime PPV)

Not a huge Benavidez follower. I've seen his highlights. Watched a few fights. I heard the commentators say this is his first time at LHW?

Do y'all think he can maintain this pace? He's landed clean a few times and hasn't really gotten a reaction. His opponent is eating them shits. He's winning with speed and power/significant strikes. But is he able to maintain this pace of constant power punching for 12 rounds? He's having a great fight so far. Way faster. Landing way better punches. But I mostly watch MMA. These MMA boys tend to gas if they throw too much heat too early in the fight.

School me about Benevides' gas tank. Can he maintain this pace?

I can't answer this definitively as it's his first fight at 175, but based off of his performances at 168, I would say so. Thing is, have him grapple for five minutes and he's gassed, lol.

Gvozdyk is done, he has no snap in his punches anymore

I can't answer this definitively as it's his first fight at 175, but based off of his performances at 168, I would say so. Thing is, have him grapple for five minutes and he's gassed, lol.
No he wouldnt. Thats MMA mythism.

From what I'm seeing, Benevidez has superior defense compared to his opponent. A significant speed and accuracy advantage.

Really enjoying the slipping, head movement, and bouncing punches off the arms and shoulders and gloves. It just seems like he doesn't have the power for this division. He's gonna have to Loma his way through LHW if he plans to stay there.

Wonder if Benavidez is waiting to unleash the finishing barrage.

gvozdyk is unfazed by benavidez's power .. benavidez looking pillow fisted out there(then again so is gv) .. but he's just outlanding gv

Benavidez slowed down substantially the last 3 rounds and Gvozdyk still pawing not looking to throw anything serious. Dude here for a check.

Showing toughness, not much else. Some tangible difference in Benny's performance up a weight class. I think it'll take time for him.

Sport specific cardio is still a mystery for me. LMAO. Grapplers can grapple for an hour straight and be fine. But we gas when we strike. Then strikers can do 100 rounds of sparring....but they gas in 5 minutes on the mats. LMAO.

So far, Benevidez' cardio is holding up well. He may not have the power for the division, but he definitely has the speed, accuracy, and cardio for the division.

Goosen is not a good announcer but he's making some good points.

Back