Official DOOM ETERNAL Discussion

I have xbox. How do i get this update? i run the game and nothing new happens,and i dont see any way to get the update.

Halfway through my first playthrough of DOOM 2016.. what a fookin barn burner! Sure I get how its repetitive, but its fun and refreshing.. Id love a proper multiplayer with this system.. any reason why it wasnt done?

Halfway through my first playthrough of DOOM 2016.. what a fookin barn burner! Sure I get how its repetitive, but its fun and refreshing.. Id love a proper multiplayer with this system.. any reason why it wasnt done?
You mean co-op play? Because 2016 had deathmatch, from what I remember.

How do you mean? It has a pretty comprehensive multiplayer, it's just that it was developed by people who worked on Halo & CoD IIRC, so it has a loadout system which doesn't work for Doom IMO. Other than that, the MP is pretty good. Lots of maps and modes

How do you mean? It has a pretty comprehensive multiplayer, it's just that it was developed by people who worked on Halo & CoD IIRC, so it has a loadout system which doesn't work for Doom IMO. Other than that, the MP is pretty good. Lots of maps and modes

One of these days I want to dump some time into 2016’s multiplayer, try to unlock some of the weapons that aren’t in the campaign like the lightning gun etc.

One of these days I want to dump some time into 2016’s multiplayer, try to unlock some of the weapons that aren’t in the campaign like the lightning gun etc.
I recommend it. Outside of the loadout system, there's a lot of innovation, from the different grenade types to the maps, and even some of the weapons like the Static gun or whatever it's called, which builds power as you move around, and is pretty dangerous if you're a good shot. The variety of modes is my favorite part, and the maps are fantastic. If they changed the loadout system and dropped the whole MP into Eternal I'd log hundreds of hours pretty quickly

I recommend it. Outside of the loadout system, there's a lot of innovation, from the different grenade types to the maps, and even some of the weapons like the Static gun or whatever it's called, which builds power as you move around, and is pretty dangerous if you're a good shot. The variety of modes is my favorite part, and the maps are fantastic. If they changed the loadout system and dropped the whole MP into Eternal I'd log hundreds of hours pretty quickly

Pretty quickly? I would think that hundreds of hours would take hundreds of hours.. how do you do that quickly? Does time move differently for you? TELL ME HOW I wanna be a grown up already

Pretty quickly? I would think that hundreds of hours would take hundreds of hours.. how do you do that quickly? Does time move differently for you? TELL ME HOW I wanna be a grown up already
Time exists outside of video games. :D

I'm not putting much time into games lately tho, working too much

Just finished the campaign of Doom 2016 and it was pretty awesome. Collectibles and runes - completed; suit - fully upgraded and weapon mods - found.

Awesome game, I think I will play some Nioh 2/Maneater and order Doom: Eternal on Friday. Have a short break and come back for more. I played on ultra-violence, which did kill me a few times, especially when a few of the bigger demons were there and/or got careless. It was definitely a fun challenge.

Started a fresh game on higher difficulty, I like the combat challenge as I've learned how I want to build my play style this time around but the platforming parts piss me off more now than they did on my first playthrough.

Interesting technique, using the microwave beam to stun lock enemies in place.

I never got around to using the microwave beam much on my 1st playthrough as I pushed it off, I'll have to give it a go much earlier on my 2nd as that looks useful especially for how I play.

Good to hear though it already looks excellent on the Pro/X.

<DCWhoa><{Joewithit}>

I picked up the beam for my Nightmare play through and was thinking it was a bad idea but I had to try it, nice to know that it's badass. Gonna haave to get baCK into Eternal

Back