Official DOOM ETERNAL Discussion

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

One of the few prerendered announcement trailers I've ever given a shit about.

I'm more hyped about this than anything shown at E3 so far.

So psyched for this. I've played this franchise since the beginning and it looked for a long time like they would never be able to capture that lightning in a bottle again, especially after Doom 3 which I didn't think was that bad, I still liked it. Then they came out with Doom and it really elevated the franchise back up again so hopefully this is their sickest Doom yet. Fingers crossed.

Some are already saying this is the spiritual successor to Doom 2.

Damn, no interest in this one? I can't wait for this.

I think the DOOM remake might be my favourite game ever. If they're moving to Earth, it could help keep things fresh.

I tried (bought it twice) but I just couldn't get into the reboot. I'm definitely passing on this.

There’s a good chance I build a gaming pc for this game alone. Feel like I’m shortchanging myself playing an FPS of that caliber on a console.

I'm not into FPS games anymore at all. I played them so much when I first started PC gaming that I got burnt out. When COD came out and everyone went crazy I was like uhh I liked the older games better.

Anyways I was bored and downloaded the Demo for Doom and it was pretty fucking amazing. I plan on getting it on my PC when I get a chance. Currently playing through a backlog finished Tales of Berseria and I'm on Prey right now.

I'm not into FPS games anymore at all. I played them so much when I first started PC gaming that I got burnt out. When COD came out and everyone went crazy I was like uhh I liked the older games better.

Anyways I was bored and downloaded the Demo for Doom and it was pretty fucking amazing. I plan on getting it on my PC when I get a chance. Currently playing through a backlog finished Tales of Berseria and I'm on Prey right now.

The last Doom was a really good breath of life into the franchise. One of the things that amazed me was how good it looked graphically but it played smooth as glass, no hiccups at all.

Honestly this was my 2nd most anticipated unannounced game for E3 behind only Forza Horizon 4.

I was a yuge fan of the first game. Here's hoping they improve the MP.

Honestly this was my 2nd most anticipated unannounced game for E3 behind only Forza Horizon 4.

I didn't see it coming. I had no idea they would do a turnaround and start the next one this soon. I was very happy to see it announced. I'm wondering now how long until it releases. 12-24 months? Longer?

Shit is metal as fuck dog.

Indeed. You are making me want to boot it up.

Very hyped for this one. I absolutely loved the reboot, so this is probably a day1 purchase for me. Now just make the MP more balanced in this one, and I might actually play it more than a hand full of times.

I need to get around to replaying Doom2016 on a higher difficulty, but picking up all the upgrades/powerups.

The DOOM reboot was amazing. I'll be all over this when it's released

Arachnotrons, Pain Elementals, and Archviles?

Aw hell yes.

I was looking around for whatever information has been released about Eternal and found this guys breakdown of the reveal trailer. Its pretty good, pointing out what we can tell about it so far.

Cliffs: Stuff from Doom2 like the Arachnotron, hell on earth, Over double the demons as Doom2016, possible Nightmare Imps or a new model for the Imps, the Arch Vile from Doom2, and the Pain Elemental from Doom2.

Hopefully online doesn't die like the last one. I really liked PVP in the last game, reminded me of Quake from the 90's.

Hopefully online doesn't die like the last one. I really liked PVP in the last game, reminded me of Quake from the 90's.

Actually, I'm hoping they don't bother with the multiplayer.

Online multiplayer FPS games is an extremely crowded market.

CoD
Battlefield
PUBG
CS:GO

And about 5 others, and I don't think Doom2016's multiplayer ever became close to those.

Wouldn't be surprised if Doom2016's multiplayer DLCs didn't sell much anyway.

Doom may be the lone FPS franchise that people buy exclusively for the campaign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back