No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
Refunded. The level scaling absolutely killed it for me.

Just beat the prologue . Got into the first city now I’m just exploring and doing rando quests.
I’m playing as the Necro I’m only level 19, making every corpse explode as I’m rolling along bone spear the odd enemy and add a splash of Iron Maiden to weaken them , then my skelly’s mop up lol

Thought the same. So versatile and something about nocking an arrow to rain pain from the sky is just G.
I played all the classes in Diablo 3 and I always thought the Demon Hunter was the most fun- it doesn't have the best armor so you really have to use your tools to move around the battlefield and create chaos from afar.

I like how as a Rogue now I can zip around, plant traps, attack from behind, etc. Only level 20 so far but having lots of fun. Haven't died yet either, so my strategies are working!

I'll check out the Sorcerer at some point.

I’ve got my necro up to level 18. Corpse explosion definitely seems nerfed since the first beta. I’ve actually died probably half a dozen times so far which is a little surprising, but that’s fine, don’t want the game to be too easy.

got to level 41 and called it a day. everything is finally starting to come together for my barb. my gear still sucks ass so far but it is what it is. i'm not dying anymore and i'm just crusing right along. ive only got past act 1 in the story as ive been doing a fuck tonne of dungeons and side quests and strongholds just to get all 3 renown upgrades for my extra skill points and stuff. still got a ways to go with that. i figure by tomorrow or tuesday ill finally have enough of the side shit out of the way that i can just plow through most of the rest of the acts and get to world tier 3.

oh yeah i was doing a side dungeon and i had the butcher spawn in on me. it wasnt as traumatic of an experience as i thought it would be.

i killed a treasure goblin along the way. it just dropped a bunch of blues and yellows on me after littering the field with gold

Last edited:
I keep seeing a crown icon show up from time to time over the head monsters. I've tried searching but can't find an answer. Anyone know what it does?

Liking rogue so far. Only lvl 32 but the speed and burst is amazing. Only got 2 legendaries so far bad rng or that about right for you guys as well?

oh yeah i was doing a side dungeon and i had the butcher spawn in on me. it wasnt as traumatic of an experience as i thought it would be.

i killed a treasure goblin along the way. it just dropped a bunch of blues and yellows on me after littering the field with gold

This... playing on world tier 2 and zero issues until the butcher just spawns in a random dungeon and fucking stomps me. Fucker annihilated my skeletons and crushed me, barely taking a scratch WTF?

I have died once so far to lvl22 and it was to that BS. It was just a random spawn mid dungeon. I has a sad :-(

Refunded. The level scaling absolutely killed it for me.
Yeah that ones got me scratching my head. Also you level up crazy fucking fast. I’m already level 30 and I’ve only played maybe like 4 hours.

I was hoping some of that shot was just for the beta but I guess not

This... playing on world tier 2 and zero issues until the butcher just spawns in a random dungeon and fucking stomps me. Fucker annihilated my skeletons and crushed me, barely taking a scratch WTF?

I have died once so far to lvl22 and it was to that BS. It was just a random spawn mid dungeon. I has a sad :-(
Yeah I’m completely confused as to how you’re supposed to deal with him. He popped up in a dungeon and I tried to frost nova him to make some space. He’s immune to it. Dinked me on the head once stunning me, then preceded to kill me before the stun wore off.

I can’t see how I could possibly beat him. Has anyone in here killed him yet?

Just finished the final act and hit level 49. Really wish I wouldn’t have waited so long to advance the story and get the mount, wasted a lot of time.

So I am really enjoying the game. Just got the horse, so I am going to go back and do stuff I skipped.

But I have to say, and this I a weird sounding complaint I know, but I really do not feel overpowered enough while levelling. I need that feeling of being able to shred through dozens of enemies in a few seconds.

The problem really is that I almost never fear for my life. I have died once, and it was because I was goofing off and not paying attention. So since I do not fear dying, but enemies still take awhile to kill, it is becoming kind of tedious. I am not saying I want to kill a boss in a few seconds, but I would lie to be able to kill a regular enemy with my basic attack, and not have to hit it like 6 times for it to die. And I know it changes at max level, where you can become god basically, but I just wish I had that feeling a little while levelling.

Also, tier 2 has no reason for existing. A tiny boost to xp and gold for much tankier enemies seems really weird.

Last edited:
Back