No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
I do not know much about the other classes, but whirlwind barb needed a nerf. Shocked it got into live with as stupid op it was at the end game.

every build got nerfed hard. not just ww barb, twisting blade rogue (for the 3rd time so far) and arc lash sorc. ALL classes.

they spent so much time hyping up the paragon glyphs as if it was the grand hoorah that was supposed to bring your build to life and then they nerfed everything up and down the board from 33% all the way to 66%. EVERYTHING! may as well be a step up from collecting them statues of lilith's. these paragon glyphs were supposed to be the one big feature to make your build kick ass, and you were supposed to be chasing these things so you can level them up and turn yourself into a demon slaying badass and shit or so they trumped up with all their marketing. and apparently they dont want people to be kicking ass anymore because that would just be fun for them and i guess blizzard doesnt want that. they would rather turn this shit into an MMO rather than an ARPG.

people into endgame are complaining that they feel about as powerful as they were 20-30 levels ago.

and lol at the gohrs gloves nerf for the whirlwind barb. even though the tooltip has changed, the unique effect of the gloves doesnt even seem to want to trigger for anybody, and if it does, the explosion isnt triggering any more than a normal whirlwind strike which isnt right at all. its almost as if these idiots didnt even test their patch before they herped it out. they literally rendered these gloves absolutely useless until they can manage to unfuck what they just did.

and thats not even the hardest nerf to barb. first off they nerfed the damage reduction in shouts (for the second time in 3 days now) which is the only way a barb can even get any meaningful damage reduction

and the worst one is that they nerfed the cooldown reduction and now you cant even get more than 6 seconds of cooldown, on top of the glyph that synergizes with it, meaning youre going to be running out of fury all of the time just to whirlwind for maybe 0.5 seconds while you wait around for another 10 seconds or whatever spamming lunging strike while you waiting for your shouts to cool off.

that pretty much gutted the WW barb. or the barb altogether. even a rend or hota barb isnt really feasible in the endgame. and the whole point of the endgame stuff was so that you could piece it together to have a near permanent upkeep on your fury so you can spin to win baby. you cant do that when your shouts are always down. instead of spinning to win, you get to whirlwind for maybe all of a second or less before you burn yourself out of fury, and then sit around with your thumb up your ass for the rest of the time.

they didn't just tone it down a little just to see how things would balance. these are massive changes they made. before anybody even had a chance to get their feet wet. people are hella pissed dude. this isnt what anybody ever asked for.

Last edited:
Liking those patch notes for my Necro. My heart goes out to everyone else.

leperchaun-perfect.gif

Yeah I’m completely confused as to how you’re supposed to deal with him. He popped up in a dungeon and I tried to frost nova him to make some space. He’s immune to it. Dinked me on the head once stunning me, then preceded to kill me before the stun wore off.

I can’t see how I could possibly beat him. Has anyone in here killed him yet?

No. He wrecked my shit in a random dungeon at level thirty. Wiped out my skeletons in a flash, bludgeoned me just as fast. It happened so quickly I was like, "WTF?", lol.

Just hit 51. Played with a few sacrifice builds today but could not for the life of me get any synergy going. Ended up back with minions and it seems like maybe the patch notes are making it viable. Haven’t hit world tier 3 but the Butcher showed up and I busted his ass pretty good.

I only just now found out that your hair color affects the hair of your wereform. Oh, man, I shouldn't feel as disappointed as I do. But Im not gonna re-roll my druid just to have a different hair color on my Werewolf.

Am I?

Well, just ran into a game breaking bug. Curator disappears in the capstone dungeon before I can kill him, ran through the whole thing twice and it happened both times right before I get the chance to smoke him. Seems like it’s just a necromancer bug. Good job, blizzard, you retards. Guess I have to put it down until they patch it.

No. He wrecked my shit in a random dungeon at level thirty. Wiped out my skeletons in a flash, bludgeoned me just as fast. It happened so quickly I was like, "WTF?", lol.

he spawned on me in a random dungeon when i was only in my early 20's. i just started spinning. lol. my call of the ancients took him out. i just tried to avoid the fight until i got my shouts and fury back lol

i can see how it can be problematic for people though. he hits pretty hard.

I noticed Werewolf didn't get any nerfs whatsoever. Probably because the build sucks so much they couldn't make it any worse

Im leveling werewolf. Not really seeing the problem yet. But admittedly I havent played anything else so I dont have anything to compare it to.

I noticed Werewolf didn't get any nerfs whatsoever. Probably because the build sucks so much they couldn't make it any worse

Lol I'm doing a poison werewolf druid, I'm winging it, haven't looked anything up seems fine just now I'm only level 19 so far.

Btw this game is crack, think I played for about 8 hours solid yesterday, haven't done that for a while.

Just got jumped by The Butcher for the first time. What a brawl. But I found an awesome staff off him that makes me have to try a poison werewolf build for a bit.

I think I’m going to read up on builds and some of the game’s mechanics because I’m not sure what I’m doing when it comes to my equipment and abilities. When Diablo 2 came out when I was in high school I read up on everything so it was a smooth start for me when the game came out, but this time I’ve read nothing so I’m not sure how to make an effective build for my necro. I’m only level 20 but I’ve had my ass handed to me a handful of times already and when I’m looking at the skill tree I feel like a fucking moron.

Lol I'm doing a poison werewolf druid, I'm winging it, haven't looked anything up seems fine just now I'm only level 19 so far.

Btw this game is crack, think I played for about 8 hours solid yesterday, haven't done that for a while.
Poison/Crit is a really good way to go, with some lightning. That's what I'm doing anyway.

I think I’m going to read up on builds and some of the game’s mechanics because I’m not sure what I’m doing when it comes to my equipment and abilities. When Diablo 2 came out when I was in high school I read up on everything so it was a smooth start for me when the game came out, but this time I’ve read nothing so I’m not sure how to make an effective build for my necro. I’m only level 20 but I’ve had my ass handed to me a handful of times already and when I’m looking at the skill tree I feel like a fucking moron.
Here's all the help you need

Start with a rogue
Win

But seriously though they gave us the ability to respec for good reason.

I am at about level 26 or 27 and so far I have 3 legendaries. The trick is to stack your skill tree perks with your gear.

I earned a legendary that lets me effectively spam shadow step, that is stacked with the daze perk on that skill, and that is stacked with some other stuff that gives damage bonuses on slow or dazed enemies. Another legendary gives an extra perk of creating a pool of poison when you use poison imbued enemies. Stack that with a damage buff on poisoned enemies... And you see my point

I learned early on that I was better off maxing out the skills and their perks available with the points I have than just picking a bunch of skills, as there is a limit to how much can be equipped anyway

Last edited:
Great game so far. Much improved over D3 release for sure.

Got a Necro to Lv 26 pretty quickly, looking forward to endgame shenanigans.

Back