Official Ask Tim Witherspoon Anything Thread

We will see what Tim says and his opinion on it.

My question is can you get knocked unconscious ,revive , and be allowed to beat the count?
Fury himself said he was out for a few seconds and it is obvious from the pic that is a spark out sleeping man.
You can revive in Lethwei but not in boxing was my understanding.

I think in this thread then it can be a recurring thing.
You can edit the first post later and add what page your video answers are on.
I'm not aware of that being a rule in boxing. What do you think about this fight from the 90's?

I want the answer on my question regarding Mr. Witherspoon's defensive system.
:(

Big respect to an underrated champ. Please tell me you rate Bruno's power. Also can you share what happened in the Bonecrusher fight?
Thank you.

Maybe a thread for each question would be better. Otherwise your videos might get lost among all the posts instead of being the first one.
Thank you for the advise. Can you message me? I would like to talk with you about your ideas. I am trying to figure out the best way to set things up here

Big respect to an underrated champ. Please tell me you rate Bruno's power. Also can you share what happened in the Bonecrusher fight?
Thank you.
I am going to answer that in the future. That is going to be a video all by itself. Lots to say on that one

I am going to answer that in the future. That is going to be a video all by itself. Lots to say on that one

Thanks champ. I have subscribed to your channel and despite being a proud Brit forgive you for beating Bruno !

Yes brother!!!! Join my channel. I have a Patreon page where I maybe doing live one hour weekly workouts for fighters who pledge $25 a month. Over time you will learn everything I know there! We will get into some pretty deep stuff!
I know you are just starting, and are trying to do honest videos that get to the point, but yeah definitely add this info about the 25$ a month, patreon page as a little blurb in all the videos, and you might want to drop that monthly price if you see people showing interest. Keep in mind, Peacock subscription is 5.99 a month, and I know you are trying to share HBO quality stuff here, but it's all good so far, a boxing fans dream!

Edit: I reread post, a weekly 1 hour work out is worth more than 25 a month, my bad

Last edited:
You got it kid.
I just watched your answer video. Thank you very much, sir.
So you were essentially taught your defensive system is what you are saying. This underlines the importance of having brilliant coaches, that teach you something that works for you and just clicks. Then, brilliant athletes build upon that but my takeaway here is that brilliant coaching is essential.

I just watched your answer video. Thank you very much, sir.
So you were essentially taught your defensive system is what you are saying. This underlines the importance of having brilliant coaches, that teach you something that works for you and just clicks. Then, brilliant athletes build upon that but my takeaway here is that brilliant coaching is essential.
And again part of it was experimenting with other boxers. Get creative but make sure it is pressure tested before taking into a match

If Wilder has any sense left after the beating Fury put on him, he should get with a real trainer, a boxing master, and someone that knows what it takes to become a HW champion: like Tim.
I'm sure Tim would have loved to train Wilder. I'm sure a lot can be said about Wilder, how Tim would approach training him, what holes he sees in his game, whether he thinks Malik Scotts approach in getting him to bulk up was correct, how he thinks Wilder would have fared in past eras etc

I stand by my opinion that he KOd Fury and that the first fight could and should have been called off when Fury was unconscious.

I'm sure Tim would have loved to train Wilder. I'm sure a lot can be said about Wilder, how Tim would approach training him, what holes he sees in his game, whether he thinks Malik Scotts approach in getting him to bulk up was correct, how he thinks Wilder would have fared in past eras etc

I stand by my opinion that he KOd Fury and that the first fight could and should have been called off when Fury was unconscious.
Did you watch the timestamped video I posted for you? Morrison knocked out Ruddock who woke up after hitting the floor and he was allowed to continue. Can you cite that rule anywhere?

Did you watch the timestamped video I posted for you? Morrison knocked out Ruddock who woke up after hitting the floor and he was allowed to continue. Can you cite that rule anywhere?
Ruddock did look out for a second when he went down but was up almost immediately. The camera didn't show him though so hard to tell.
Fury was down looking comatose for a good 7 seconds.

Maybe it is referee discretion, but it doesn't make sense to say a KO is a win if you can KO someone and they can wake up a few seconds later and continue.

Ruddock did look out for a second when he went down but was up almost immediately. The camera didn't show him though so hard to tell.
Fury was down looking comatose for a good 7 seconds.

Maybe it is referee discretion, but it doesn't make sense to say a KO is a win if you can KO someone and they can wake up a few seconds later and continue.
Technically a KO isn't going unconscious but not getting up before the ref's 10 count. The referee or doctor deciding you've had enough is a TKO. Boxers have also been knocked out cold, saved by the bell, and then allowed to continue into the next round.

Last edited:
Tim, when I was in fourth grade, our school had a spelling bee. I was knocked out in the first round because I spelled forest "forrest".

As a child, what word knocked you out of the spelling bee?

Also, like my snafu with Forrest, you tended to KO a lot of guys in the first round that had double consonants in their name: Tillis, Beilfuss, Wills, Jimmy, Jesse, Billups, Ballard,

Bonus: you KOed Darroll Wilson in the second round and he had two double consonants in his first name.

Tim, when I was in fourth grade, our school had a spelling bee. I was knocked out in the first round because I spelled forest "forrest".

As a child, what word knocked you out of the spelling bee?

Also, like my snafu with Forrest, you tended to KO a lot of guys in the first round that had double consonants in their name: Tillis, Beilfuss, Wills, Jimmy, Jesse, Billups, Ballard,

Bonus: you KOed Darroll Wilson in the second round and he had two double consonants in his first name.
<JerryWWF>

Back