Official Ask Tim Witherspoon Anything Thread

How would you compare the golden age of boxing and when you boxed to the modern age (now)? How do you think it's changed (if it has) and how do you think these modern heavyweight would fair if they faced some of the guys from the golden age and your era and vice versa?

Last edited:
Hey champ,
What would be your advice to kids who want to start boxing today? What should they do / what shouldn't they do?
What was your conditioning routine when you were preparing for your bigger fights?

Mr. Witherspoon, what's your opinion of Clinton Woods?

Also I know we gotta help get Tim monetized on youtube so go over and sub to his channel, like his vids, comment, all that good shit. I'm assuming that'll help him a lot.
Yes brother!!!! Join my channel. I have a Patreon page where I maybe doing live one hour weekly workouts for fighters who pledge $25 a month. Over time you will learn everything I know there! We will get into some pretty deep stuff!

Hi guys this is 2x Heavyweight Champ here to answer fan questions from around the internet. More questions and answers coming soon. Please feel free to ask anything. Don't forget to like an subscribe on Youtube.

Hi Tim
I've asked this elsewhere but never got a straight answer.
Can you get knocked out cold and revive, and still continue in boxing?
If not, how was this not a KO win for Wilder?
Eyes rolled back into skull, I don't care if he woke up and beat the count.
IMG_20211024_203637.jpg
I regard it as a KO win for Wilder.
What are your thoughts on the KO where
he woke up, in the first fight?

Video of me answering some of these questions is done we are editing it right now. Should I paste in this tread or start a new thread?

Hi Tim
View attachment 886566
I don't think anyone would have argued if the referee had stopped the fight without counting but you have 10 seconds to get up and show him you're in control of your faculties. Fury got up and actually closed the round strong. Maybe Wilder could have capitalized on the moment if he had kept his punches tight and thrown to the body and head instead of going wild. As it stands though it's just a case of close but no cigar.

Video of me answering some of these questions is done we are editing it right now. Should I paste in this tread or start a new thread?
Maybe a thread for each question would be better. Otherwise your videos might get lost among all the posts instead of being the first one.

Non boxing related question. What's the dumbest purchase you've ever made lol?

I don't think anyone would have argued if the referee had stopped the fight without counting but you have 10 seconds to get up and show him you're in control of your faculties. Fury got up and actually closed the round strong. Maybe Wilder could have capitalized on the moment if he had kept his punches tight and thrown to the body and head instead of going wild. As it stands though it's just a case of close but no cigar.
We will see what Tim says and his opinion on it.

My question is can you get knocked unconscious ,revive , and be allowed to beat the count?
Fury himself said he was out for a few seconds and it is obvious from the pic that is a spark out sleeping man.
You can revive in Lethwei but not in boxing was my understanding.

I think in this thread then it can be a recurring thing.
You can edit the first post later and add what page your video answers are on.

Hi Tim
View attachment 886566
You Wilder nut riders are insufferable. <45><Lmaoo> First there should have been no count and now it is the count too long? This is not the thread to bring up these shenanigans in. If Wilder has any sense left after the beating Fury put on him, he should get with a real trainer, a boxing master, and someone that knows what it takes to become a HW champion: like Tim. Then, and only then, he wont need his fans to make excuses or new rules to be made up or omitted so he can win.

Back