Off leash dogs and their stupid owners

Yeah, that's it. You sound like the exact type of person everyone is talking about. I'm willing to bet your pits are not that well trained and you just think they are. Put them on a fucking leash. Anything can set a pit off, even if it hasn't happened before. Jesus Christ.
If this thread is proof of anything it's that it doesn't matter what breed it is, dogs fucking fight. Anything can set off a dog.

I think I need a bigger knife. I had a pretty good one but our flooring contractors stole it when we remodeled. So I picked up a cheap $4 knife at autozone. It's kind of small though. I was actually thinking about getting a machete that I saw at OSH, but I'm not sure if the legality of walking around with that thing.

My brother has 2 rots and he trained them unleashed. They are good dogs and don't attack anything. I have a labradoodle that is unleashed and leashed trained.

I have seen more fights by leashed dogs meeting then unleashed dogs. Maybe you guys panic and make the dogs defensive. I have seen this numerous times.

However owners need to know their dogs.

Had a similar problem. This guy has two Corgi(mix)s and lets them off leash sometimes. They came up on me and my leashed dog and started to go after my dog. I scooped my dog up and held her and the guy kind of laughed, and said "you don't have to do that, they won't really hurt her".

I was incredulous. I have a 75 lb. pit bull and I let him know I was picking my dog up to protect his little varmints. My dog is dog friendly, but she will stand her ground if attacked. I told him next time, I'm not picking my dog up and I won't be paying his vet bills when my dog defends herself.

I think people are just completely self absorbed and oblivious to the fact that they're living in a society.

Dogs on leash will almost always act defensively when an off-leash dog runs up to it. If I'm walking my dog on leash and a loose dog runs up and they fight, I'm kicking them apart and shooting the attacking dog.

I think I need a bigger knife. I had a pretty good one but our flooring contractors stole it when we remodeled. So I picked up a cheap $4 knife at autozone. It's kind of small though. I was actually thinking about getting a machete that I saw at OSH, but I'm not sure if the legality of walking around with that thing.
If you can't carry a gun, pepper-spray might be a worthy alternative. Still carry a knife.

I rarely put my dog on a leash. But she's a 35lb 8yr old beagle/lab mix. She's not aggressive & stays on my heels. She always listens.

I do hate when people don't leash their dogs though. Mainly big dogs that have a history of being aggressive. My dog got attacked by 2 unleashed pitbulls once. Luckily it happened the second she jumped out of truck, so she ran under the truck & they couldn't get to her

You should leash your dog.

So we have some neighbor's behind us with two vicious German Sheperds who they let their 8 year old kids walk. The dogs are too big for their kids to control and they almost attacked my wife with our puppy too. We live in a good neighborhood. But it just seems that wherever you go, there is no shortage of retards with dogs. I just don't get it.

the owner just casually walked up, grabbed the dog, and continued his conversation with some lady. He didn't say sorry or anything. He just acted as if this always happens and it's no big deal.

It is at this juncture you should have filled the street with uppercuts.

Seriously though, did you show him the knife? Tell him this isn't the first time you've had an issue with him/his dog?

I get making a thread to discuss the issue but I expected to read about what action you took to prevent this from happening a 3rd time as well, drop some knowledge on that shit owner and maybe he won't have such a shit dog.

Off leash dog owners are the equivalent of cat owners who let their pets roam the neighbourhood freely. I hate both.

I got a park in front of my house where a lot of people walk their dogs, and I've seen the same thing you described happen where someone with a small dog on a leash gets attacked by a bigger dog without a leash. Some people just shouldn't own dogs or cats.

You should leash your dog.
Why would I leash her when she stays by my feet? I do leash her, but only when I'm in public setting where I could be fined. I think 8yrs without an issue speaks for itself.

It is at this juncture you should have filled the street with uppercuts.

Seriously though, did you show him the knife? Tell him this isn't the first time you've had an issue with him/his dog?

I get making a thread to discuss the issue but I expected to read about what action you took to prevent this from happening a 3rd time as well, drop some knowledge on that shit owner and maybe he won't have such a shit dog.
I think once he saw the knife, he got a little scared. The first incident wasn't really an incident as much as he had the dog on leash as it snarled and tried to get at us, yet he insisted it was friendly.

What is going on these days?
My wife and I were taking our cairn terrier puppy for a walk last night. When we got to the end of our street, one of my neighbors was talking with some lady. He had his dog off leash, a big golden retriever. As soon as it saw my dog, it attacked. My wife grabbed our puppy and I ran between them and the dog while I tried to get my knife out, which I had bought because this is such a fucking problem these days.

I was able to back the dog off without having to stab it fortunately, and the owner just casually walked up, grabbed the dog, and continued his conversation with some lady. He didn't say sorry or anything. He just acted as if this always happens and it's no big deal. Now, this is not the first time I have seen this dog being aggressive. We were walking the puppy a few weeks ago and he had the dog on leash as it snarled and growled. He said, "oh, he's friendly."

What the fuck is wrong with people) just because your dog doesn't routinely attack you, doesn't mean it is friendly. I don't think that guy realizes how close I came to cutting his dog open. And this shit is a daily occurrence for us. People always say their dog is friendly when it clearly isn't. If it were legal, I would stab them all t Dean and fix new homes for their dogs.
Dont you think thats a slight over reaction to bring out your knife ? Dogs want to sniff other dogs . Theyre not toys they actually have instincts .

You sound like a douche .

The bad thing is the number of stupid owners outweighs the stupid dogs. Anyway, Cats>>>>

Dont you think thats a slight over reaction to bring out your knife ? Dogs want to sniff other dogs . Theyre not toys they actually have instincts .

You sound like a douche .
It's an overreaction to use a knife to defend my puppy against an attacking dog that is 10 times her size? The only person who sounds like a douche is you in this case.

Back