Nunes Insults Cyborg's "Power" and Tells Her to Wait Two Years for Rematch

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ReadWrite, Jan 4, 2019.

?

What do you make of Nunes' comments?

1. Cool

27.5%
  2. Interesting

15.3%
  3. Odd

36.4%
  4. Unacceptable

31.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

She also has another belt to defend. She knows Cyborg has only one fight left. If she decides to resign,Nunes already has other fights she could take. She could fight Holm and/or GDR at either weight class before she gets around to cyborg. If Cyborg keeps winning after all that,the fight actually has value to her. Maybe.

2. The Schmoop

The Schmoop Black Belt

Still seems like a long time for such a shallow division. I can’t see Dana giving GDR another shot at a title. I’m surprised she still has a contract to be honest.

3. HHJ

Her skill level gives him no choice. Even i wanna see her fight,even tho she was like the worst time wasting champion ever. Even Cyborg is better than her and thats hard for me to admit.

4. Cat Biscuits

Cat Biscuits Brown Belt

Champions should never be dictating who to fight and when they fight them. You're the champ, you defend against anyone and everyone, at anytime.

I'm tired of this diva shit, real champs aren't scared of anyone and will fight whoever the promoter puts in front of them.

Super Shotgun likes this.
  5. HHJ

Thats never the way it works. Once you get the belt your job is to hold on to it. Mayweather was the master of masters at this. Beautiful just beautiful.

6. HHJ

You cant just be a company man the whole time,every time. Theyll drain you dry. You have to employ your own tactics,your own rules. At some point,people just have to do whatever the fuck you say like mayweather

7. venivedivici

venivedivici Brown Belt

JDS CAIN 1 was decisive too

Neesham18 likes this.
  8. OCEANCIDAL

OCEANCIDAL Blue Belt

Nunes was very fortunate that Cyborg abandoned the approach she's been using the last several years and handed her an easy KO.

This shit she's saying now is just ridiculous. Lol at a two year wait, when there's no one else for her to fight. Nunes hasn't gone on a long dominant run like Cyborg did. She got finished 4 years ago and didn't even deserve the decision against Valentina in the rematch. Some big wins on her resume but as usual, people have short memories with this sport.

Neesham18 likes this.
  9. JJSBUR

JJSBUR Green Belt

I don't think she cares about being stripped of the 145 title since it is being scrapped anyway.

The 135 title is not a part of this.

10. HHJ

hahahahaha

What a crock of SHIT.
    If she had decided to hang back and wait, Nunes would have just destroyed her lead leg AND beat the shit out of her.

Askafan and lsa like this.
  11. OCEANCIDAL

OCEANCIDAL Blue Belt

What a useless reply.

Ignore.

12. HHJ

[​IMG]

13. CodyMckenziesPrime

CodyMckenziesPrime Orange Belt

Still pissed I have to hear about women fighting. Is it a coincidence the only 2 women fighters left are juice heads?

14. UL

UL no more yellows

cyborg trashed nunes

what do you idiots expect her to say?

15. Eater of Souls

Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

You do not. You could have had the self-discipline to avoid clicking on this thread. You could also have the self-discipline not to cry like a little bitch.

loisestrad, HHJ and lsa like this.
  16. The Schmoop

The Schmoop Black Belt

I agree she’s she’s very talented. Those that cross the baldfather don’t usually stick around. On topic, I see Dana forcing the issue with the rematch. Nunes/Cyborg is the only wmma that generates hype amongst casuals. Holm will get another shot at gold at either weight (unfortunately) but beyond that I can’t see anyone else getting a shot before Cyborg at 145. Who knows? Maybe this loss provides motivation for Cyborg to seriously pursue 135.

17. nastyleft

nastyleft Brown Belt

I dont see any problem with anything she said. I saw an interview after the fight where she said it was a lot of work for her to prepare for 145 and it takes her about 24 months to feel comfortable, sparring bigger guys, carrying the weight and not gaining fat and still having good cardio. The 2 years isn't about holding off Cyborg as it is her preparing her body for it. Especially if she's saying she is going to cut back down to 135 to defend her belt there. As far as saying she didn't feel any power, well it's cause she really didnt get hit more than one flush shot. That doesn't seem disrespectful. I think people are reading too much into those two. Both seem to have been respectful the whole time to each other before and after.

Eater of Souls and lsa like this.
  18. The Schmoop

The Schmoop Black Belt

For the most part I agree although I think she looked great against Holly from a technical/countering stand point, given Holly’s credentials.

Neesham18 likes this.
  19. randomalias

randomalias Brown Belt

Fair point, cyborg is fucked then unless Nunes decides she needs a boat or something.

20. Rationality

Rationality Blue Belt

If Nunes says it'll be two years you can bet that Dana will grant an immediate rematch if for nothing else than to prove that he is the boss. I truly believe he is that petty.