Nunes Insults Cyborg's "Power" and Tells Her to Wait Two Years for Rematch

What do you make of Nunes' comments?

• Total voters
I agree but 2 years for a rematch in a division with 4 notable fighters in it? Cyborg doesn’t deserve a rematch but the depth of the division makes two years seem like she’d have to completely avoid the division to make that time frame.
She also has another belt to defend. She knows Cyborg has only one fight left. If she decides to resign,Nunes already has other fights she could take. She could fight Holm and/or GDR at either weight class before she gets around to cyborg. If Cyborg keeps winning after all that,the fight actually has value to her. Maybe.

She also has another belt to defend. She knows Cyborg has only one fight left. If she decides to resign,Nunes already has other fights she could take. She could fight Holm and/or GDR at either weight class before she gets around to cyborg. If Cyborg keeps winning after all that,the fight actually has value to her. Maybe.

Still seems like a long time for such a shallow division. I can’t see Dana giving GDR another shot at a title. I’m surprised she still has a contract to be honest.

I’m surprised she still has a contract to be honest.
Her skill level gives him no choice. Even i wanna see her fight,even tho she was like the worst time wasting champion ever. Even Cyborg is better than her and thats hard for me to admit.

Champions should never be dictating who to fight and when they fight them. You're the champ, you defend against anyone and everyone, at anytime.

I'm tired of this diva shit, real champs aren't scared of anyone and will fight whoever the promoter puts in front of them.

Champions should never be dictating who to fight and when they fight them. You're the champ, you defend against anyone and everyone, at anytime.

Thats never the way it works. Once you get the belt your job is to hold on to it. Mayweather was the master of masters at this. Beautiful just beautiful.

You cant just be a company man the whole time,every time. Theyll drain you dry. You have to employ your own tactics,your own rules. At some point,people just have to do whatever the fuck you say like mayweather

The fight was decisive. If Cyborg stays in the UFC I’d expect a rematch at some point. And I doubt it would have to wait 2 years. But I don’t need to see it right now.

Cyborg talked minor but still shit talk in the lead up. Nunes has a right to everything she said here.

JDS CAIN 1 was decisive too

Nunes was very fortunate that Cyborg abandoned the approach she's been using the last several years and handed her an easy KO.

This shit she's saying now is just ridiculous. Lol at a two year wait, when there's no one else for her to fight. Nunes hasn't gone on a long dominant run like Cyborg did. She got finished 4 years ago and didn't even deserve the decision against Valentina in the rematch. Some big wins on her resume but as usual, people have short memories with this sport.

Nunes was very fortunate that Cyborg abandoned the approach she's been using the last several years and handed her an easy KO.

hahahahaha

What a crock of SHIT.
If she had decided to hang back and wait, Nunes would have just destroyed her lead leg AND beat the shit out of her.

hahahahaha

What a crock of SHIT.
If she had decided to hang back and wait, Nunes would have just destroyed her lead leg AND beat the shit out of her.

What a useless reply.

Ignore.

What a useless reply.

Ignore.
tenor.gif

Still pissed I have to hear about women fighting. Is it a coincidence the only 2 women fighters left are juice heads?

cyborg trashed nunes

what do you idiots expect her to say?

Still pissed I have to hear about women fighting. Is it a coincidence the only 2 women fighters left are juice heads?

You do not. You could have had the self-discipline to avoid clicking on this thread. You could also have the self-discipline not to cry like a little bitch.

Her skill level gives him no choice. Even i wanna see her fight,even tho she was like the worst time wasting champion ever. Even Cyborg is better than her and thats hard for me to admit.

I agree she’s she’s very talented. Those that cross the baldfather don’t usually stick around. On topic, I see Dana forcing the issue with the rematch. Nunes/Cyborg is the only wmma that generates hype amongst casuals. Holm will get another shot at gold at either weight (unfortunately) but beyond that I can’t see anyone else getting a shot before Cyborg at 145. Who knows? Maybe this loss provides motivation for Cyborg to seriously pursue 135.

I dont see any problem with anything she said. I saw an interview after the fight where she said it was a lot of work for her to prepare for 145 and it takes her about 24 months to feel comfortable, sparring bigger guys, carrying the weight and not gaining fat and still having good cardio. The 2 years isn't about holding off Cyborg as it is her preparing her body for it. Especially if she's saying she is going to cut back down to 135 to defend her belt there. As far as saying she didn't feel any power, well it's cause she really didnt get hit more than one flush shot. That doesn't seem disrespectful. I think people are reading too much into those two. Both seem to have been respectful the whole time to each other before and after.

Cyborg fans have always exaggerated her abilities. She has never really shown much in the way of technical prowess. She has overwhelmed plenty of smaller fighters with size, strength and athleticism supported by amazing cardio. She is a far better athlete than she is a skilled fighter, and when she ran into someone she could not overwhelm, and one that threw with actual power, we saw the result.

Yes, she has improved her striking somewhat in the last couple of years under Parillo, but the women she has fought with the exception of Holly have not even been top-ten ranked in the weight class below her. So beating up journeywomen that you have 10-15 lbs. of muscle on is not indicative of skill.

But her know-nothing muscle-worshipers are too busy dreaming of her domination than paying attention to actual skills.

For the most part I agree although I think she looked great against Holly from a technical/countering stand point, given Holly’s credentials.

I don't think she cares about being stripped of the 145 title since it is being scrapped anyway.

The 135 title is not a part of this.

Fair point, cyborg is fucked then unless Nunes decides she needs a boat or something.

If Nunes says it'll be two years you can bet that Dana will grant an immediate rematch if for nothing else than to prove that he is the boss. I truly believe he is that petty.

Back