Nov.23rd Las Vegas FOX PPV PBC Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz II

Not sure if it was bad advice or he didn't want to face AJ, but turning down that $100M for 3 fights was asinine insane. 3 fights, pocket $100M win or lose and then move on as a free agent? At this point in his career? Why not take that? WHY!!!?
<Fedor23>

cause he can get more in less fights. a vid i saw this week, AJ said he offered 15mill.

farcry from 100mill.

i also saw a vid of Eddie saying AJ Wilder fight in 2018.

34089565_2258335294178364_9135416071614889984_n.jpg

i hope its made soon.

My thoughts exactly

I expect Wilder to do the job quicker and survive a hairy moment or two

If Wilder isn't fighting Fury or Aj, I was hoping he woukd fight Whyte.

Even parker, Povetkin etc! Long as it's new blood

cause he can get more in less fights. a vid i saw this week, AJ said he offered 15mill.

farcry from 100mill.

i also saw a vid of Eddie saying AJ Wilder fight in 2018.

34089565_2258335294178364_9135416071614889984_n.jpg

i hope its made soon.

It's like fucking Floyd v Manny all over again!

Oh wow. Haha, well whatever as long as Wilder stays super active and keeps taking scalps to build up the AJ fight, I'm happy.
This. The fight is only 4 mo after his recent fight, so we can hopefully still get a mega fight early 2020.

Even though I think Wilder is very limited skill wise, he deserves credit for actually having the bravery to step up and fight a top opponent.

Despite his limitations, he wants to fight the best guys in the division. There's another champion in that weight who has the opposite approach. Where he only wants to fight the easier opponents while low balling all of the threatening ones.

Wilder is the real champion in this division.

Even though I think Wilder is very limited skill wise, he deserves credit for actually having the bravery to step up and fight a top opponent.

Despite his limitations, he wants to fight the best guys in the division. There's another champion in that weight who has the opposite approach. Where he only wants to fight the easier opponents while low balling all of the threatening ones.

<Lmaoo> 100m is a low ball? I wanna know what a high ball is

<Lmaoo> 100m is a low ball? I wanna know what a high ball is
Well, he has a piece of the HW crown and has been knocking everyone dead, so it is a bit of a conundrum that he can't draw like Joshua, but I can see why Wilder has become so demanding. He feels owed the same money making power to earn like Joshua fighting Takam and Ruiz level opponents too, and it's just not how it works, but I get Wilder's dilemma in his own mind I guess is what I'm trying to say. And to be fair, a fight to determine an undisputed HW king in the current climate of the division with him and Joshua looking like the guys to beat and both KO artists, you'd think they could pull off closer to a Manny/Floyd type payday for both for one fight. But only Joshua makes 20-30 mil to fight Takams.

All the momentum boxing had and it amounted to a bunch of jackals hiking the price up and boxing being right back where it used to be. Terrible.

What are you talking about????

What top opponents? Only Ortiz #1 no-one else. Before you say Fury he only agreed to that as he thought Fury was well past it judging by those two joke comeback fights. Fury even said that himself.

The list of fighters he has avoided is huge....Parker, Whyte, AJ to start with.

The guy is a joke of a champion, and the WBC are happy for him to hold the belt hostage.

I don't blame wilder and like him as a fighter but his team are turning him into a big joke, as he is all they have.

Well, he has a piece of the HW crown and has been knocking everyone dead, so it is a bit of a conundrum that he can't draw like Joshua, but I can see why Wilder has become so demanding. He feels owed the same money making power to earn like Joshua fighting Takam and Ruiz level opponents too, and it's just not how it works, but I get Wilder's dilemma in his own mind I guess is what I'm trying to say. And to be fair, a fight to determine an undisputed HW king in the current climate of the division with him and Joshua looking like the guys to beat and both KO artists, you'd think they could pull off closer to a Manny/Floyd type payday for both for one fight. But only Joshua makes 20-30 mil to fight Takams.

He's got 1 top 5 win against a guy who is over 40 year old with his best win being Bryant Jennings.

Why hasn't Wilder fought Whyte, Parker, Wlad, Takam, Pulev? He's had a decade in the division yet AJ surpassed his resume in a couple of years.

Wilder doesn't deserve what Joshua has, he wasn't willing to take the same risks to get there. He chose his path of knocking over bums for 40 fights. You don't get to do that and then demand that you're treated the same as the guy who's walked through everyone else in the division within a few years of turning pro.

Bit of a snoozefest this now guys, people chiming in who clearly know nothing about what has happened in the past, some even claiming that Joshua has been purposely trying to fight easier fights, when he has the best resume of any HW since the last dominant champion(in 22 fights).

This needs all dumping into one thread now, and new threads about this need to be canned, as people are spouting shit, not backing anything up with any proof, and its going full circle.

He's got 1 top 5 win against a guy who is over 40 year old with his best win being Bryant Jennings.

Why hasn't Wilder fought Whyte, Parker, Wlad, Takam, Pulev? He's had a decade in the division yet AJ surpassed his resume in a couple of years.

Wilder doesn't deserve what Joshua has, he wasn't willing to take the same risks to get there. He chose his path of knocking over bums for 40 fights. You don't get to do that and then demand that you're treated the same as the guy who's walked through everyone else in the division within a few years of turning pro.
Gee I don't know why he can't get fights with all those guys who tested positive or all those guys going after the big money fight instead of fighting each other or Wilder because they're scared of a man who'll punch through their guard completely telegraphing and still KO them in the first round.

Jesus christ. You think Povetkin would have made it to 6 against Wilder fighting clean like he did vs AJ you are fooling yourself.

Ha ha ha ha!! You thick fucking TROLL.

Jesus christ. You think Povetkin would have made it to 6 against Wilder fighting clean like he did vs AJ you are fooling yourself.

Well this is exactly the reason Wilder is not respected the way he should. He is no doubt about it "the most dangerous fight" for anyone in boxing because of his straight right hand. And not only he would be the favorite over Povetkin, many including me would pick him to KO Joshua as well. But what me and you think about possible outcomes is irrelevant as long as Wilder is not fighting these guys in the ring. It furstrates people as it seems his management team are ruining his legacy. His last ten fights have all been title fights and only two of them have real significance resume wise. And he'll be 34 years old soon. I don't want to see him waste the peak of his career and physical strength rematching Ortiz and fighting the Kownacki's of this world.

I lol’d at Takam being in that group.

Wilders resume sure as shit isnt AJ’s, but its not nearly as bad as people pretend either.

Wilders resume sure as shit isnt AJ’s, but its not nearly as bad as people pretend either.

No serious fan considers his wins against Takam, Martin or Brezeale anything to shout about. You may be responding to a Wilder/Joshua troll though, we seem to have attracted a LOT recently

Takam would be Wilder's 2nd best win, 3rd at a stretch.

Takam would be Wilder's 2nd best win, 3rd at a stretch.
Takam isnt better than Breazeale. Not even sure hes better than Stiverne, Szpilka, or Arreola for fucks sake.

Back