Nov.23rd Las Vegas FOX PPV PBC Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz II

Wow you UK folk are pathetic indeed.
Fuck off and stop making stupid assumptions you nation baiting twat. Being from the UK has nothing to do with it. Josh Kelly got a draw the other night against an American opponent and I totally disagreed with the result. I think the American clearly won that fight. And when Anthony Joshua won the Olympic HW Gold against Roberto Cammarelle I thoroughly disagreed with the decision and thought that Cammarelle was the clear winner. You see I watch fights and try and put my bias aside so get fucked with your baseless accusations.

Fuck off and stop making stupid assumptions you nation baiting twat. Being from the UK has nothing to do with it. Josh Kelly got a draw the other night against an American opponent and I totally disagreed with the result. I think the American clearly won that fight. And when Anthony Joshua won the Olympic HW Gold against Roberto Cammarelle I thoroughly disagreed with the decision and thought that Cammarelle was the clear winner. You see I watch fights and try and put my bias aside so get fucked with your baseless accusations.

Don’t argue with retards...
My mans talking about ‘walk of ko’ like in any sport
I don’t think he watches boxing all that much tbh.

Wiler fights a guy he beat. Fury is fighting who? They ought to be fighting each other. Simple as that but it's like that line from Blood Diamond: TIA. Things that are the status quo in boxing make no actual sense.

I lol’d at Takam being in that group.

Wilders resume sure as shit isnt AJ’s, but its not nearly as bad as people pretend either.

Anyone with spark-out power is in a fight until they're out. Always. I did think Fury did enough and that Wilder lost that bout, but the record says differently, so...

But he has the gift of nervous system shutdown to be sure. I like that, but I think he can be exposed by a boxer as well. Maybe even Ruiz, but I definitely favor Fury in a rematch assuming he continues down the straight and narrow training and doesn't go on another year-long coke and booze binge and balloon up to 400 pounds. I don't think he could come back from that again, myself. Still amazed he did, to be honest. I had written him off.

Wiler fights a guy he beat. Fury is fighting who? They ought to be fighting each other. Simple as that but it's like that line from Blood Diamond: TIA. Things that are the status quo in boxing make no actual sense.

As long as they both win and it's next, I'm OK with the fight in-between. I think it helps Fury more than Wilder, though. Again, assuming Fury stays focused.

Wilder tried to be fair.

Anyone with spark-out power is in a fight until they're out. Always. I did think Fury did enough and that Wilder lost that bout, but the record says differently, so...

But he has the gift of nervous system shutdown to be sure. I like that, but I think he can be exposed by a boxer as well. Maybe even Ruiz, but I definitely favor Fury in a rematch assuming he continues down the straight and narrow training and doesn't go on another year-long coke and booze binge and balloon up to 400 pounds. I don't think he could come back from that again, myself. Still amazed he did, to be honest. I had written him off.
Yessir. Pretty much any of the top hws are going to give Wilder problems, lots of them even. Make him look downright foolish at times. The question is can you do it for 12 rounds, or stop him, before he melts your face off. Fury got smashed and had the craziest comeback Ive ever seen, and it wasnt even from great punches. Scary, scary stuff.

Whats even more crazy is how he carries it deep into the fight and even after taking a beat down.

Whyte beats Wilder
I’ll see myself out now
That's not as stupid as it sounds. Whyte carries power so it gives him a punchers chance at least but I'd favour Wilder to land on him first but Wilder could leave himself open going for the kill and Whyte could counter with a nice hook. Either way one of them is getting knocked out.

Greg Leon: What's the latest and greatest brother?Congrats on getting this rematch with Deontay Wilder. When will the fight take place? Luis Ortiz: "I'm just really looking forward to this rematch with Deontay Wilder. Everybody knows it's signed, it's locked in, it's done. I've been waiting a while for this rematch and it's something I've been craving since my first fight. I'm just very happy to be getting te opportunity to fix what went wrong last time and walk away with that belt."

GL: The first fight was a war, this is going to be another rough fight, but that's in the ring. Even before the first fight you and Wilder seemed to have a great deal of mutual respect for each other outside of the ring. Where does that come from?
Luis Ortiz: "Obviously you respect all men who get in the ring, but especially a man who you've already went to war with. I've got a lot of respect for him because he was the first fighter who ever agreed to fight me. Not Joshua, not Fury, nobody would fight me and he's giving me that opportunity again. How can you not respect that? But he's doing this because he knows there was some controversy to that first fight. The referee took twenty seconds in between rounds when he was out on his feet and now he's doing this to put an end to any controversy. We also both have kids with certain disabilities and you always respect a man who is a good father and does right by his kids."

GL: Were you surprised at all that Wilder chose to fight you again? He could have just stayed warm against lesser opposition until a Fury rematch materialized, but instead he's chosen to fight you again.

LO: "Not at all. Do you see that guy Fury just fought? (Tom Schwarz) wouldn't have went two rounds with Dominic Breazeale, so that should tell you where he's at. You've got to be impressed with Wilder for what he's doing in choosing to fight the best. I respect him, but come the night of that rematch that goes away and I'm going to knock him out. Then we're going to have a trilogy and I'm going to knock him out in that one too."

GL: When will the rematch take place?

LO: "I don't have the exact date yet, but whenever it happens Deontay Wilder is getting knocked out."

GL: Are you disappointed that you didn't get the opportunity to fight Anthony Joshua?

LO: "I'm not disappointed because in all reality and people don't understand, I already had a deal in place to fight Wilder. That's the fight I wanted the most because I think Wilder is the best champion out there and he beat me. I'm a competitor. The Joshua fight was on the table, but I would have only had a few weeks to get ready for it, then there were other things going on that I don't want to discuss, but in the end I got the fight I wanted, which is Wilder. If I could have picked one fight, it was Wilder and now I've got it."

GL: If you're ever going to become the heavyweight champion of the world, does it have to happen in this fight?

LO: "It's going to happen in this fight."

GL: Do you have a preference on where it takes place?

LO: "I"m knocking Deontay Wilder out, so anywhere that there's a ring and a referee who can count ten is perfectly fine with me."

GL: Closing thoughts.

LO: "I want to thank you for the interview, I see what you've been doing for the Cubans this week. I want the fans to keep tuning in because I'm about to become first Cuban heavyweight champion ever when I get Deontay Wilder in the ring again. Cuban boxing is alive and well, I feel like Rances beat Easter, Ugas beat Porter, Lara beat Castano, they just didn't get the decisions, but when I get Deontay Wilder back in the ring there aren't going to be any decisions, I'm knocking Deontay Wilder out!"

Boxingtalk.com

Lmao @ Ortiz camp with the AJ situation. What an embarrassing shit show that turned out to be and Ortiz just proved it.

Hope Wilder beats that cunt like a ginger step child, shite talking fan dan.

Wow you UK folk are pathetic indeed.

It was a draw but a fckin scandalous result! 87% of people on here that voted thought fury won! You gonna tell me that it’s mainly brits on this site then?

Wilder chose to take an easy fight with fury instead of Joshua, and shouldn’t even be champion anymore. That’s what most boxing fans think, no matter where they are from

i dont have a boy doe, unless we talking Matthysse but hes basically done RIP
I am a big Wilder fan but I gotta say I love the Matthysse shout out. I love that dude but you're right he's done, doesn't have it anymore and doesn't want it either, I don't think. Shout out to Matty!

I don't see the problem w/ this fight. The first fight was great, it's not like Ortiz is ducking ppl he just can't get many big fights. Altho I will say in that interview it looks like he had an opportunity to fight AJ on short notice and passed so you can't blame AJ and co. for that, I guess.

But at the end of the day, Ortiz is old, he doesn't have the best resume, but he's objectively a very talented guy who's given Wilder his toughest fight to date. He's a difficult opponent as shown in the first fight, and Wilder could get Ruiz'd if he's not careful here. Ruiz is another guy who ppl thought was talented but not good enough to beat AJ, he didn't have any good scalps on his record either and look what happened.

This is a good fight. Even tho I'm a Wilder hugger I still think it's pretty bold of him to rematch the guy who basically had him out on his feet and almost finished. It's not a great fight but I don't get the criticism either, Ortiz is one of the better hw's out there.

excited and i hope ortiz gets it done

KING KONG!

Benavidez vs Dirrell confirmed as co main event

Back