Nov.23rd Las Vegas FOX PPV PBC Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz II

Ortiz has looked shit house lately.

I'm changing my mind on Wilder and him not taking the 100mil.

If Ortiz was the same guy it would be a good fight, but he has looked shit house.

Wilder won't even need a doctor to give him extra time to recover this time.

Kownacki would be a much better opponent but I guess Tyson Fury was correct when he said Wilder would fight:-

Breazeale
Ortiz
Kownacki

Tyson will probably fight:-

Schwarz
Whyte
???????

Then they’ll fight each other and freeze out poor AJ and Eddie. You’ve got to laugh really.

AJ and Eddie would be best off not even mentioning Wilder and just saying no comment or we will discuss the fight once his team contact us to make it. They are sounding desperate in every interview now.

So there you have it. No AJ/Wilder until like March 2020 minimum, and we all know it probably wont happen then either.

What a waste of potential this division is turning out to be. Why does boxing have to sabotage itself so much?

At his age Ortiz was a bit late concussionwise. He’s doing a great job to compensate.

Last edited:
An improved Wilder v an even older Ortiz, similar result I feel.

they didnt even bother to wait until after Joshua's fight to make it look like they were even slightly interested in him. bold.

Now he's not cherry picking easy fights I can envisage Wilder fucking everything up for himself. He should have taken the Fury close call as an indicator to take the cash. Especially with Hearn softening his stance, there's a 50 mil payday in the balance.

This just makes it look like neither guy wants the Joshua fight and confirms that Ortiz had zero interest in replacing Miller.

This isn’t a good move it looks fucking awful.

I assume it's being announced so early so that Ortiz can get time to arrange his cycling schedule...?

What is his management thinking? Let's give Wilder an extremely dangerous fight that won't raise his stock at all if he wins!

I assume it's being announced so early so that Ortiz can get time to arrange his cycling schedule...?

I think he's known for a while. Uncle Al pulling the strings behind the scenes again. Now Ortiz not taking the AJ bout and the weird post fight interview after Wilder Breazeale make sense.

It's not a bad matchup, just an anticlimax after expecting Fury 2 or AJ. They're going to drag out signing those matchup. I expect nothing till late 2020 the earliest.

I wonder if Ortiz declined the AJ fight because this was already planned, or if Al/Finkel heard about the offer and quickly stepped in to ensure it wouldnt happen.

Its starting to look like Ortizs career has no real meaning anymore beyond being used to give Wilder wins over a highly ranked opponent.

Let’s say we take the narrative that is fed us that Ortiz ISNT 49+, DOESNT have heart problems and is a mythical beast that no one wants/wanted to fight and it had nothing to do with his PED use....

Doesn’t that make the other heavyweight champion - who everyone’s ducking, isn’t rumoured to be 49+ with heart problems and has no history of PED use - even more than a mythical beast ?

I genuinely thought this was a joke when it was announced. Its getting embarrassing now

Hearn was right. Ortiz couldn’t take the Joshua fight because he was already being lined up for Wilder, along with Kownacki.
Why not?
Ortiz did well the first fight.
Fury said something I agree with "Everyone should be fighting each other multiple times"

Fury actually already laid out Wilders fights a couple weeks ago and I don't think anyone noticed.

Breazeale, Ortiz II, Kownacki, and then Fury.
Fury said he'll fight Schwartz and then would like to fight 2 more times this year before Wilder.
Because Ortiz is even older now, and got KO’d in the first fight, making it just as likely to happen again.

Also, Hearn laid out the Wilder plan a month ago.
This just makes it look like neither guy wants the Joshua fight and confirms that Ortiz had zero interest in replacing Miller.

This isn’t a good move it looks fucking awful.

Confirms that the PBC protection plan is well in place, and any fighter under Haymon has no choice in who they fight. Their management doesn’t work for them, they work for their management.

Make this shit quick work with that straight down the pipe, AJ handles business with ease, and lets get the fuck on with a HW New Years fight the entire world is waiting for.

Make this shit quick work with that straight down the pipe, AJ handles business with ease, and lets get the fuck on with a HW New Years fight the entire world is waiting for.

I bet it will be quick this time. Wilder has him already figured. Ortiz won't see the second half of the fight this time around.

But I am not optimistic anymore about the mega fight. It's most likely Kownacki the next victim.

I bet it will be quick this time. Wilder has him already figured. Ortiz won't see the second half of the fight this time around.

But I am not optimistic anymore about the mega fight. It's most likely Kownacki the next victim.
Im just wishful thinking.

Back