nothing is wrong with point-fighting, love it, embrace it, understand it...

100% agree.

No one tries to demand that NFL teams neglect defense and go for hail marys on every play just to appease fans and make the game exciting.

Some people make good points about point fighting being not the best tactical decision, but I'm so sick of the entitled fans that think fighters have an obligation to go out and fight a stupid, dangerous fight just because moronic fans like to see a slugfest.

Plain a simple, a fighter's only obligation is to try to win. Any strategy that is within the rules must be accepted.

Lmao! Sounds like we have a Nouveau riche mma fan. I like how the ts is trying to sound evolved. What it boils down to is you still like watching people fist fight in a cage.

Lmao! Sounds like we have a Nouveau riche mma fan. I like how the ts is trying to sound evolved. What it boils down to is you still like watching people fist fight in a cage.

Huh? He's just saying fighters should be free to use the strategy that gives them the best shot to win the fight. Can't really see how anyone can disagree with that unless they go to the ol' faithful argument of "fans pay their checks, so we get to decide the fighters' game plans!"

1)
point fighting is fighters trying to win according to the rules of the game and the game is the 10-point must system. it's a sport with rules, not a mortal combat vdo game, grow up.

2)
point fighting is fighters trying to win however they can within the rules. this is their paycheck. winning and losing can be the difference of half a purse -- that's house payment, car payment, alimony, cocaine habits, hookers, etc... it's a profession, an occupation... not the plot of a jean claude van damm movie, grow up.

not only that, it's a career path, losing could derail a career, so they are going to try to play it smart and win by points if that's the best available option, rather than go head-hunting to satisfy the blood lust of idiotic, neanderthal fans... even everyone's favorite bangers, cowboy cerrone, goes for a late takedown and hang out in the guard, to secure a win (eddie sanchez fight)...

3) point fighting is fighters trying to protect their brain cells. this is their life, who wants to have brain trauma? look at gary goodridge, and all the other tragic stories of combat sports. this is real life, not fans' immature, infantile, fantasy fighting, grow up.

Amen, brother. Couldn't agree more.

I hate watching guys taking accumulated damage over many rounds. Also, even great fight strategists like GSP have taken a lot of abuse simply because of how many minutes they have fought inside the cage.
I really like to see quick and efficient finishes; it gives the satisfaction of having watched a fierce combat, a skilled execution (for the most part), and minimal damage to the opponent.

I used to watch Larry Holmes win 15 round fights with that long jab of his.... It was pretty exciting. Even when the action slowed down. Good memories.

Huh? He's just saying fighters should be free to use the strategy that gives them the best shot to win the fight. Can't really see how anyone can disagree with that unless they go to the ol' faithful argument of "fans pay their checks, so we get to decide the fighters' game plans!"

Don't get me wrong point fighting isn't always a bad thing. Good planning and technique can be cool to watch. I love watching Floyd Mayweather box, just because he's such a scientist; but I'm not going to tell somebody to grow up because they don't like boxing or prefer to be a fan of the finishers in mma.

Like I said point fighting is fine to an extent, but I can't help if it drives me nuts when I pay good money for a ppv just to watch Lyoto Machida back peddle and not engage for 3 rounds.

big problem with "nothing is wrong with it" ITS BORING
and if they dont want to risk brain damage they should find another line of work

bingo! thread done on the first post.

TS wants cool knock out and submission finishes.. they are of course more fun on the whole.... but TS also appreciates the rhyme and reason of point fighting... it's being broad minded.

so do i, but thats the filler, thats not the show AND THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

Lets not kid ourselves, the RAW aspect of mma is its power source and the more that gets taken away the less it becomes what got me and im sure most people hooked, A FIGHT.

big problem with "nothing is wrong with it" ITS BORING
and if they dont want to risk brain damage they should find another line of work

this this this. I do NOT blame a fighter for doing point fighting... But I will not continue to watch that fighter if they point fight.

idk about anyone else but im not paying money to watch less than 5 minutes of a main event

i mean, i dont pay any money as it is, but still, if i was to pay, i'd much rather 5 rounds of fighting

Point fighting sucks you anti-bleed blaspheming heretic. JBG is not forgiving.

Already did...I feel kinda bad for all the kids/noobs/ADHD ragers who are always "bored" when watching this great and exciting sport.

Blah blah blah their livelihood.

The fans are the only reason they get to make any money doing this in the first place. We don't owe them shit in terms of compensation out of the goodness of our hearts. We do because we are entertained, and deem that entertainment worthy of our dollar.

If point fighting is not entertaining to the majority of folks, then they quite frankly, they don't deserve their livelihood and they can go work at a bank/hospital/factory/whatever like the rest of us.

Learn to embrace capitals.

1)
point fighting is fighters trying to win according to the rules of the game and the game is the 10-point must system. it's a sport with rules, not a mortal combat vdo game, grow up.

2)
point fighting is fighters trying to win however they can within the rules. this is their paycheck. winning and losing can be the difference of half a purse -- that's house payment, car payment, alimony, cocaine habits, hookers, etc... it's a profession, an occupation... not the plot of a jean claude van damm movie, grow up.

not only that, it's a career path, losing could derail a career, so they are going to try to play it smart and win by points if that's the best available option, rather than go head-hunting to satisfy the blood lust of idiotic, neanderthal fans... even everyone's favorite bangers, cowboy cerrone, goes for a late takedown and hang out in the guard, to secure a win (eddie sanchez fight)...

3) point fighting is fighters trying to protect their brain cells. this is their life, who wants to have brain trauma? look at gary goodridge, and all the other tragic stories of combat sports. this is real life, not fans' immature, infantile, fantasy fighting, grow up.
Sure you are allowed to "point fight" but don't complain if you get robbed by the judges. And don't complain when you get cut because the UFC realizes that no one is buying the PPVs because of boring fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back