nothing is wrong with point-fighting, love it, embrace it, understand it...

1)
point fighting is fighters trying to win according to the rules of the game and the game is the 10-point must system. it's a sport with rules, not a mortal combat vdo game, grow up.

2)
point fighting is fighters trying to win however they can within the rules. this is their paycheck. winning and losing can be the difference of half a purse -- that's house payment, car payment, alimony, cocaine habits, hookers, etc... it's a profession, an occupation... not the plot of a jean claude van damm movie, grow up.

not only that, it's a career path, losing could derail a career, so they are going to try to play it smart and win by points if that's the best available option, rather than go head-hunting to satisfy the blood lust of idiotic, neanderthal fans... even everyone's favorite bangers, cowboy cerrone, goes for a late takedown and hang out in the guard, to secure a win (eddie sanchez fight)...

3) point fighting is fighters trying to protect their brain cells. this is their life, who wants to have brain trauma? look at gary goodridge, and all the other tragic stories of combat sports. this is real life, not fans' immature, infantile, fantasy fighting, grow up.

[YT]OEfE8jJUWyg&start=4[/YT]

Gotta respect fighters that go out there to finish fights.

I hate that people have the mentality that winning a decision is more impressive the finishing someone, and how finishing someone is a fluke. Cain vs JDS is a perfect example. Finishing someone is not a fluke, if you get knocked out or subbed, you did something wrong and/or your opponent did something right

finishing fights is of course usually more impressive... but in reality that can't happen all the time in a sport with rules... again, this is not mortal combat.

I hate point fighting but understand why fighters do it.

Still hate to watch it.

Dont care.

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

but seriously if the UFC ever went full on retard with this "sport" shit like TS wants THEN!!!...it would die.

The critical issue with point fighting is that the judges are not reliable in what they award points for.

Dont care.

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

but seriously if the UFC ever went full on retard with this "sport" shit like TS wants THEN!!!...it would die.

TS wants cool knock out and submission finishes.. they are of course more fun on the whole.... but TS also appreciates the rhyme and reason of point fighting... it's being broad minded.

Also, if you point fight and lose 3 you're done.

At least if you're exciting you keep your job.

Cerrone is about the worst example you can use as a point fighter.

Point fighting to protect your career is not a good idea in the ufc. Give us what we paid to see or uncle Dana will send you packing.

Point fighting sucks OP

I only want to see 2 fighters stand in the pocket and throw "bombs" till someone gets KTFO!!

If the fighters who step into the cage are not doing that then they are point fighting.

Also, if you point fight and lose 3 you're done.

At least if you're exciting you keep your job.

Cerrone is about the worst example you can use as a point fighter.

i used cerrone as an example of a finisher who will (and has) point fight if necessary...

Yeah i'm gonna get hyped about point fighters!!! WOOO HOOO THROW THOSE BABY LEG KICKS!!! LETS GO CONDIT YAYAYA

i have, since the brilliance of this thread which only a grown up could have made.

Or a twelve year old who has spent a month learning the art of trolling on Sherdog.

JBG disciple 4lyfe

justbleedw.gif

Back