nothing is wrong with point-fighting, love it, embrace it, understand it...

sadclown

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1)
point fighting is fighters trying to win according to the rules of the game and the game is the 10-point must system. it's a sport with rules, not a mortal combat vdo game, grow up.

2)
point fighting is fighters trying to win however they can within the rules. this is their paycheck. winning and losing can be the difference of half a purse -- that's house payment, car payment, alimony, cocaine habits, hookers, etc... it's a profession, an occupation... not the plot of a jean claude van damm movie, grow up.

not only that, it's a career path, losing could derail a career, so they are going to try to play it smart and win by points if that's the best available option, rather than go head-hunting to satisfy the blood lust of idiotic, neanderthal fans... even everyone's favorite bangers, cowboy cerrone, goes for a late takedown and hang out in the guard, to secure a win (eddie sanchez fight)...

3) point fighting is fighters trying to protect their brain cells. this is their life, who wants to have brain trauma? look at gary goodridge, and all the other tragic stories of combat sports. this is real life, not fans' immature, infantile, fantasy fighting, grow up.

big problem with "nothing is wrong with it" ITS BORING
and if they dont want to risk brain damage they should find another line of work

PREACH! Some of the best fights I've ever seen have been by "point fighting"

1)
point fighting is fighters trying to win according to the rules of the game and the game is the 10-point must system. it's a sport with rules, not a mortal combat vdo game, grow up.

2)
point fighting is fighters trying to win however they can within the rules. this is their paycheck. winning and losing can be the difference of half a purse -- that's house payment, car payment, alimony, cocaine habits, hookers, etc... it's a profession, an occupation... not the plot of a jean claude van damm movie, grow up.

not only that, it's a career path, losing could derail a career, so they are going to try to play it smart and win by points if that's the best available option, rather than go head-hunting to satisfy the blood lust of idiotic, neanderthal fans... even everyone's favorite bangers, cowboy cerrone, goes for a late takedown and hang out in the guard, to secure a win (eddie sanchez fight)...

3) point fighting is fighters trying to protect their brain cells. this is their life, who wants to have brain trauma? look at gary goodridge, and all the other tragic stories of combat sports. this is real life, not fans' immature, infantile, fantasy fighting, grow up.

If you choose to point fight dont be surprised or upset when you end up on the wrong end when you thought you won.

You're entitled to your opinion.

I think point-fighting sucks.

I became a fan of the sport because of KO's and submissions, not decisions.

Point fighting isn't what the general public wants to see, so that's an issue right off the bat.

Outside of that, it makes you more susceptible to losing. When people suggest that it can lead to a long successful career, you can point them to tons of decisions that they end up losing.

Gotta respect fighters that go out there to finish fights.

I hate that people have the mentality that winning a decision is more impressive the finishing someone, and how finishing someone is a fluke. Cain vs JDS is a perfect example. Finishing someone is not a fluke, if you get knocked out or subbed, you did something wrong and/or your opponent did something right

I completely agree with you, TS. This is their career and livelihood. It's how they take care of their families and put all of their passion into. If someone wins within the confines if the rules then it's a win. It pissed me off when fans complain about fighters getting pissed over losing crappy decisions. That was all they practiced for for the last 3 months, their chance toward a title, a higher paycheck etc. It would be twisted NOT to get pissed.

The sport has evolved and these are people, not animals in the Coliseum

I don't mind a fight where both guys are engaging and attempting to finish fights, but the fight ends up going to decision. However, far too often these "point fights" are distinguished by their utter lack of real engagement by the fighters.

If you can't finish fights, there is something lacking in your technique and ability.

Is it a Sport or Entertainment? The lines are a bit blurred now days.

1)

2)

Classic noob post. Hypocrisy, delivery in the style of an angst-ridden 12 year-old girl, lack of understanding of history, politics and economics.

10/10. Early contender for POTY.

If you choose to point fight dont be surprised or upset when you end up on the wrong end when you thought you won.

it's a risk that fighters take... but at the same time, don't be surprised if a fighter is disappointed if a decision didn't go their way... it's human nature.

mckayladisappointed.jpg

I completely agree with you, TS. This is their career and livelihood. It's how they take care of their families and put all of their passion into. If someone wins within the confines if the rules then it's a win. It pissed me off when fans complain about fighters getting pissed over losing crappy decisions. That was all they practiced for for the last 3 months, their chance toward a title, a higher paycheck etc. It would be twisted NOT to get pissed.

I respect fighters. But do not forget that MMA is a sport. And professional sport is competition for entertainment and profit.

If point fighting is less entertaining, which I think it is, then it is bad for professional MMA.

I know purists will poo-poo this assessment, but MMA fighters fight for our entertainment.

koolaid.jpg

Back