Not Much Talk About Adesanya vs. Gastelum

Izzy's height & reach are really only an advantage if Kelvin gives him space. If Kelvin pressures him, then that length & height can easily turn into a disadvantage, & the height especially could make it even easier for Kelvin to take him down. Remember in the Anderson fight, Izzy was looking very bad once Anderson started to pressure him & come forward (& that was a completely washed-up 43 year old Anderson). Izzy obviously doesn't have tons of power, if he couldn't take an ancient version of Silva out in 5 rounds, whereas Kelvin literally blasted Bisping into retirement. None of this stuff means it's a guarantee for Kelvin, but I just think if he pressures Izzy, then he can definitely take it.

True dat!

I guess it's all gonna come down to who can apply their style and strategy better. I am very much looking forward to this fight. I love these type of fights where I have no favorite.

Kelvin better "Cain" him good and early, and keep that constant pressure. I think he wears IA down rather easily if he doesn't get caught in the first exchange. Kelvin's style isn't friendly to a guy like Israel, the only guys who can beat Kelvin have to be bigger/better/stronger grapplers who can completely stifle his advances.

Or guys that are straight up better than him everywhere, like Bobby Knuckles.

Israel's flash won't save him here, he will be put on his butt bright and early.

Probably cause Romero and Whittaker rubber match is the real title fight.

I seriously feel like any time you ask for real analysis of Kelvin Gastelum from the people that don't think he's good, this is about as intelligent a response as you get. "Kelvin sucks/is fat/manlet." The guy is a smooth offensive striker with real accuracy and stopping power. He has a strong wrestling game, a great chin and he's generally durable as hell. Kelvin is a tough night out for just about anybody.

I think Kelvin handles Israel. More ways to win. He can hurt him on the feet and I won't be surprised to see him take him down.

Alright I think you misunderstood.

Gastelum is a beast. He is a really skilled fighter with a ironclad chin and probably beats Asedanya 70% of the time.

However, I find him annoying as hell, insufferable, unmarketable, and he was being a whole bitch about the Whittaker situation while looking like a bloated corpse with worms eating him while doing so.

I dislike him immensely. THATS why i called him what I did, not because I think he is not a good fighter. My "sucks" comment to be fair to you didnt convey that well.

Cheers bro

Back