Non-thread Worthy Boxing News Part 5

Whoa, we teleported to a new thread. Well, anyway, that was classic stuff, the fact you were just popping in that day out of boredom makes it even funnier, but nah you're right, drain on quality time doing better things. Still, the delivery and absolute lack of patience for a clearly made up criteria gave me a chuckle for sure

Well i just popped into the forum and saw all this nonsense from that dude so i'm there calmly telling him why he's wrong, next thing i know he tells me i have no knowledge of boxing and that i only thought Berchelt would beat Valdez because i was following the herd mentality... i was like ok whatever i'm off to sleep.

I woke up expecting loads of replies from the guy but when i opened sherdog to check it was Hagler and Shoe going to town on him, almost brought a tear to my eye.

https://www.boxingscene.com/matias-...-ibf-140-pound-title-eliminators-play--155990

"A four-man tournament has been ordered by the International Boxing Federation (IBF) to determine the next junior welterweight mandatory contender, BoxingScene.com has learned. Two bouts are currently in talks for this spring—Puerto Rico’s Subriel Matias (16-1, 16KOs) and Kazakhstan’s Batyzhan Jukembayev (18-0, 14KOs) on one side the bracket, while England’s Lewis Ritson (21-1, 12KOs) and Argentina’s Jeremias Ponce (27-0, 17KOs) are due to meet in the second title eliminator.

Once terms are reached for both bouts, the winners will then meet later this year to determine the number-one contender to the IBF title currently held by Scotland’s Taylor (17-0, 13KOs) who is also the WBA titlist."

@MMALOPEZ I guess this is why Jukembayev isn't fighting some randomer on the Lee card.

https://www.boxingscene.com/matias-...-ibf-140-pound-title-eliminators-play--155990

"A four-man tournament has been ordered by the International Boxing Federation (IBF) to determine the next junior welterweight mandatory contender, BoxingScene.com has learned. Two bouts are currently in talks for this spring—Puerto Rico’s Subriel Matias (16-1, 16KOs) and Kazakhstan’s Batyzhan Jukembayev (18-0, 14KOs) on one side the bracket, while England’s Lewis Ritson (21-1, 12KOs) and Argentina’s Jeremias Ponce (27-0, 17KOs) are due to meet in the second title eliminator.

Once terms are reached for both bouts, the winners will then meet later this year to determine the number-one contender to the IBF title currently held by Scotland’s Taylor (17-0, 13KOs) who is also the WBA titlist."

@MMALOPEZ I guess this is why Jukembayev isn't fighting some randomer on the Lee card.

that makes sense my friend

If you fight Shawn Porter you know you're in a fight win or lose, and Bud prefers sparring sessions to actual fights.

Teo says he'd love to fight and KO Tank from 3:18 onwards.

Danny moving to 154...

Danny vs Gausha as his first test ?

Not sure how I feel about that. His campaign at 147 got him 3 Ls, not sure 154 bodes well at all.

Yeah i'm not sure what he's trying to achieve here, well apart from hoping he gets easier opponents i guess. Putting on 7lbs to fight guys with lesser names than the ones you were fighting at 147... risk-reward doesn't seem worth it to me.

Who knows though, maybe he gets a bunch of wins and becomes relevant again.

Thought I'd join the posh boys on platinum:cool:

It's worth it just to get away from the ads. This site gives your computer aids if you don't get a plat.

Back