• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Non corny American fighters?

Conor?

Non corny???

Troll post lol
Right? Conman is without a doubt one of the corniest, cringiest fighters to ever represent MMA.

I'll add to Hendo and Lawler that Poirier is good stuff, as is Dober (no aura of invincibility there though).

Strickland?
Green?
Jamahal?

You literally just named the 3 corniest dudes on the roster, might as well just add Colby and Gerry to round out your top 5.
I love Strickland and Green, but they are very cringey. And Hill!?! LMAO. Some people have weird standards for "cool" or don't understand what corny means.

Pretty much every American fighter mentioned in this thread is old school. Some notable exceptions are Max (is he really an American?) and Poirier. The modern culture in the US is bizarre.

I am not sure how Strickland or Hill are put into that category. It is painful to listen to them.

Strickland?
Green?
Jamahal?

You literally just named the 3 corniest dudes on the roster, might as well just add Colby and Gerry to round out your top 5.

I wouldn’t describe them as corny. I sort of get your point but corny may mean something different to me than it does to you.

I admit I don’t really know that much about Jamahil Hill, he seems pretty vanilla and normal but I could be wrong.

Strickland is crazy, not that bright, and maybe cringey but that doesn’t equal corny. What’s corny about Bobby Green?

No lol, there are tons that are not corny. Stipe is one for ya but can't list all of them, would have to type hundreds of names

I wouldn’t describe them as corny. I sort of get your point but corny may mean something different to me than it does to you.

I admit I don’t really know that much about Jamahil Hill, he seems pretty vanilla and normal but I could be wrong.

Strickland is crazy, not that bright, and maybe cringey but that doesn’t equal corny. What’s corny about Bobby Green?
All 3 are the definition of corny, I don’t know how to explain it to you, it should be pretty obvious.

Reactions: HHJ
Why does it feel like American fighters tend to be corny? (I am American) It seems like every time there is a fighter who has a cool aura without being a dork, they are from a different country (ie Fedor, Poatan, Anderson Silva, Conor, GSP, Jiri etc.). It feels like the best we have are Jon Jones* and Derrick Lewis as far as original characters that bring something special.

In honor of the 4th of July let’s compile a list of American fighters who aren’t dorks.

*Jon Jones was initially corny with his clean-cut persona until we learned the depths of his degeneracy.
Lol if Jiri was American he'd be called weirdo nut job, and GSP was a super nice guy and kind of a dork lol.

There's plenty. I'm not sure this is a serious question.
Holloway was a good answer. I really couldn’t think of many and was wondering if they just seem goofier because we (American fans) understand them fully or because they try too hard to be popular

Barnett too imo wasn't corny
He was definitely a bad ass, but he leaned a little into the Pro Wrestling territory, which could be considered corny by some.
The throat-slashing celly? Actually any pre-planned and/or "trademarked" celebrations.
<6><Deported1>

Didn't expect this from a 2013 account. Lots of past not corny American fighters. Present day half of em are trying to play the McGregor game but none of em have the charisma, those def feel corny.

Max Holloway, Justin Gaethje, Anthony Hernandez, Khalil Rountree, Stipe Miocic, these guys would be revered if they were from PRIDE.

These guys are real.
Yeah Max Holloway is as real as it gets.

Hey, that's got a nice ring to it.

Stipe. Being a firefighter, I bet he can give and take a good ball busting and has a bunch of cool stories. I imagine he'd be a cool dude to go drink some beers with away from the cameras.

Back