Nobody in the world (currently) can beat this man in a fight

Cain at HW, Jones at LHW (if Cain could even make the weight). Any questions?

Cain 49-46, he doesn't slow down like DC did and he's stronger than Jones.

Jones would get savagely mauled by the unrelenting Velasquez.

Cain-Velasquez-1.jpg

That's what was said about DC.

Jones isn't going to fight at hw; as a result, he reduces the number of opponent's who could possibly land one shot and ko him, which is the most conceivable way for him to lose, after being cut.

I feel Cain would do to Jones what DC did round two. But for 3-5 rounds.

Cain would maul Jones and stop him within 3 rounds. If brock couldn't hold him down, or keep him against the cage for long, jones has no chance. Brock would also maul Jones, after taking him down within 30 seconds.

I feel Cain would do to Jones what DC did round two. But for 3-5 rounds.

I can see it being like that.

Cain is taller, longer, heavier and has much better cardio than Cormier.

Here are some stats from their fights.

Jones vs Cormier: Jones threw 215 strikes and attempted 5 takedowns.

Dos Santos vs Velasquez 2: Cain threw 339 strikes and attempted 33 takedowns.

Velasquez vs Dos Santos 3: Cain threw 378 strikes and attempted 13 takedowns.

Now I know fighting isn't just about work rate, but that says a lot. Jones has issues with intelligent pressure, Cormier showed that. Cain is the best at pressuring intelligently.

It would be a tough fight but I see Cain beating Jones, either by decision or late round stoppage.

Cain would be constantly mixing it up. Jones was very impressive against Cormier, not because he dominated but because of how he adjusted later in the fight.

But Cain is a beast, he'd be too much for Jones and to be fair he is too much for everyone at the moment.

This was posted in other threads, sorry guys just thought it's relevant to this thread as well.

Jones is an absorber of souls, Cain is an eater of souls. I can only laugh at people saying Jones would beat Cain now. 😆

I agree that in a cage under MMA rules nobody would be favorite against Cain. That is what being "the best" is, despite not being able to make the GOAT status (lack of opponent variety and infrequent fights) or p4p status.

Love it, this is the new hope.
A guy in a heavier weight class will beat Jones,

A guy whos fought 2 people in 4 years and is basically inactive

Border-Patrol-Agents-Tracking-Drugs-December-2010-300x196.jpg

This young upstart will wipe the floor with Cain

240 lb jones makes Cain look foolish. DC is a big guy he's fought massive HWs and said Jones felt so big and strong in there. Cains pressure would be his down fall. He's not taking jones down early in the fight and Jones would out work Cain in the clinch. Jones would throw elbow after elbow in the clinch he's not gonna just sit there like junior and get blasted in the face. Cain would be facing a HW monster. Just picture a bigger stronger and more well conditioned jones. Cain doesn't stand a chance

first of all...would cain even make it to the fight?
2nd...the reason he has such a cardio advantage in his division is cuz the other hws don't have any cardio...with jones not having to cut any weight...his cardio might be slightly improved even.
3rd...jones has the mental edge over cain...he beat DC soundly which only adds to his supreme confidence and could cast doubt into cain...since it is reported that DC holds his own against cain in training
4th...we've only seen cain fight and win one way...where he smothers his opponents then mauls them....what happens when that doesn't work...skill overcomes usually and this is where jones has the advantage over almost everybody...plus we've seen him adjust mid fight and win numerous ways...

jones 49-46 or 48-47

I think Cain wins, but I don't think it'll be easy at all, Cain imo has the cardio advantage so he would definitely keep the pressure on Jones for 5 rounds unlike DC. I don't think Cain would be able to get Jones down early, but may be able to later in the fight. Cain will likely get taken down himself, but get back up quickly. I think it would be back and forth early, but Cain will slowly start to wear on Jones.

Also there are certain advantages that Cain has over DC that will allow him to do better, cardio as I've mentioned is a big one, but also KO power, DC has power as well, but aside from KO'ing Big Foot, he hasn't really showed big KO power. Cain on the other hand has, KO'd Big Nog, made Brock break dance, KO'd Big Foot 2x, and first guy to rock and drop JDS 2x and still the only guy to have done it. I don't think Jones would be taking too many of Cain's punches easily.

Another thing I believe (especially after watching DC lose) is that Cain has more heart, I don't think Cain would have stopped like DC did even if he was tired, Cain said it himself after the JDS fights, he was definitely tired, but he didn't let up, he kept pushing until the job was done, with Cain you have to put him out in order to stop him, which is what JDS did in the first fight. Cain really is a terminator that will not stop until his job is done.

It's an interesting fight, tough for both of them I think, but I think Cain takes it via relentless pressure and having overall better tools. I've read people saying that since Jones beat DC, and Cain is basically almost the same, Jones should be able to beat him too, but Cain is different, he is much better imo.

Id bet on Jones all day to beat Cain. Jones would win. Cain wouldn't stand a chance against a HW Jones.

Cain is not much better than DC.
Cain won't be able to outgrapple Jomes, Jones can take down, outclinch and outstrike Cain, it wouldn't be close.

While true, it kind of shows Jones' dominance that we have to resort to the champ of a heavier division to find people to beat him.

Make this happen, Cain vs. Jon Jones, just that sherdogers shut up when Cain walks through him.

Cormier even won or being a draw fight based on first three rounds. He lost because of being too tired and no experiences of five rounds (except vs. Barnett). Jones fought five rounds 10 times. Cain is a completely different beast than DC and not to mention in a five rounds fight.

Last edited:
What would Mexican Fedor do that Black Fedor couldn't do?

Back