No way that a monster like Jan gets KO'd by a middleweight.

0cd.gif
TBH I didn't even read the OP.

This might shock you, but there are other sherdoggers on this forum with opinions. The world doesn't revolve around your dusty old ass, pops.

it also doesn't revolve around you. you're over here so in your feelings about somebody's stupid opinion that you don't even realize you're pointing out the obvious. only idiots and trolls think it's impossible for Izzy to KO Jan.

In all seriousness I fully expect Izzy to fight like he fought Yoel and cruise to a boring decision.

49-46

There are paths to victory for both fighters. Jan is the Champ at 205, he needs to let Izzy come to him, if he gets in to the chasing game, he is toast IMO

Fuck, he still charges in just like that. Hopefully Izzy doesn't know about that fight.

War Jan? I hope

I'm fine with this take. Jan is a legit grappler and based on the Vettori fight I can see that Izzy can be lay and prayed/wall and stalled. Jan could legit use his weight and strength to grind this out to an ugly decision.

I'm making fun of the bandwagon casuals who think that Jan is some elite KO artist because he slept a jobber, a chinny middleweight and rookie in 3 of his last 4.

I'd say it's 65-35 Izzy's advantage. I'm afraid Jan will stand with him to make a message but he will end up receive that same message.

'Jan Blachowicz doesn't get KTFO by middleweights like Israel Adesanya'

OK, OP!

FelineFaithfulIrishwolfhound-size_restricted.gif

<BC1>

"That loss doesn't count it was like 2 years and 4 fights ago!"

-Says the same posters who post stills of Izzy's sole kickboxing knockout from 4 years and 11 fights ago.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F74d9eb345f6feafa6a08787d0a45e562.png

Santos is a blown up WW....

Last edited:
If Jan strikes with Izzy, I think the speed difference might beat Jan's power. Jan can be a little stiff with his movement, he works best when he's aggressive, but Izzy counters aggression pretty well. Think this should be a close fight.

Well izzy and his coach have made excuses for that fight - claiming that they were winning and dominating till they lost. Watch the fight and you'll see not much happening till izzy stunned Alex in the 2n and then tried to take him out but couldn't . By the time the 2nd round ended Alex had recovered and was pushing forward and completely recovered by the third and landed what has become the, IMO, best left hook in kickboxing or mma.

But I agree - Jan is not Alex and his path to victory will be an Usman type of deal (against Jorge) - dictate the pace and where the fight will be (not in the centre in kickboxing range) which for Jan will be in the clinch, pushing againsth the fence, going for takedowns and wearing out izzy's arms via having to grapple defensively (aka GSP vs Penn 2) and try to drag it in to the 3rd before opening up.

Can he do it? I'm not convinced he is slick enough to close the distance to make it a dirty boxing/wall clinching fight.

Izzy via 2-3rd TKO or Close UD.

Making excuses? " claiming they were winning till they lost? ".... what kind of excuse is that ?

Man if that's a excuse to you......... Not one single fighter doesn't make excuses then.

weight classes are kind of meaningless when you have guys who cut big. Costa walked in to the ring at 214. Jan weighs around 215-220 on fight night.

we will see what happens on the scales tomorrow. There may be a 20-25 pound difference on fight night. And if izzy still wins then wow, idk what to say.

rooting for Jan but dont get it twisted he absolutely can . I know Whittaker took damage in the Yoel fights and that probably weakened his chin but Izzy did what Romero couldnt do in 10 rounds in 2 rounds . He could absolutely finish Jan . Do i think he will? probably not i see the most likely outcome him circling the ring and piecing Jan up for 50-45 decision . But he can knock him out.

Just curious, does any of you geeks have Izzys walk around weight around when he was fighting HW kickboxing?

Also, that was kickboxing, can he stuff a takedown from a LHW?

Just curious.
I’d have to look at what orgs it was in, a lot of kickboxing HW is a lot lighter weight than UFC heavyweight. I’ve seen heavyweight as low as eq to 190lbs (whatever kg that was) before

Back