No way that a monster like Jan gets KO'd by a middleweight.

Well he did KO Corey Anderson so obviously having a greater KO record doesn't mean anything when the fight happens.

That has shit all to do with his K.O. percentage genius.

Dustin knocked out Conor, but Conor still has a higher finishing rate, did you know that?

Fighters who knock people out can get knocked out, why is this so difficult for you people?

Izzy is a stylistic nightmare for Jan really. Much more technical as well as multifaceted striker, and he’s not some dude who takes one to give two or anything like that.

That said, size and power are both great equalizers, and even though Jan doesn’t always appear to be super technical, he has consistently outclassed good strikers. He turned a relatively prime Gustafsson into a lap and pray artist and pretty much took a diarrhea on Reyes’ face.

I’m not suggesting that either of those guys are equal to Izzy in terms of technical kickboxing, but its definitely a different display of class than Chucky Ice Man knocking out Bob Aloo and Tito.

I think people throwing around polish power are low key just trying to get away with saying White Power.

MMA Math, don't do it, even if it yields the desired results here or there.

Some ppl don't understand different between TKO and KO

Fuck, he still charges in just like that. Hopefully Izzy doesn't know about that fight.

War Jan? I hope
I think that's how he broke reyes nose. To me it seems like really bad technique and just asking for a counter like the way santos did. I hope he is not doing that against Israel because he is going to get countered 100%.

I think people throwing around polish power are low key just trying to get away with saying White Power.

iu

Lurker for many years here, I've signed up just to answer this :). On the one hand I don't completely disagree, but Jan's not saying this, he's saying "Legendary Polish Power", as if it was some sort of a magical trait from AD&D, and as such I don't think it has those white power connotations.

More generally my take on this is this: he needs some marketing power, obviously while he does come across as a nice guy when he speaks English, his English is a bit basic and broken at times. So if he wants to be sellable, he'd need to either radically change his personality and improve English to become more of a smug trash talker, or try something else. And you know what, I don't think marketing yourself as the Possessor of Legendary Polish Power is the worst thing he could do; maybe with that his imperfect English is actually "on brand"!

I can sort of see how, in case he does beat Izzy and maybe Glover afterwards, UFC uses this slogan big time for a big Blachowicz-Jones fight (many ifs here I know), and casuals actually do get interested/intrigued/whatever and buy ppvs big time. After all, this is the era of Game of Thrones, Hunger Games, and other big fantasy stories, and UFC is an "entertainement first" enterprise. So I really think it could work as a marketing trick, and the slogan "Legendary Polish Power", as used by Jan, should only be viewed in this context imho.

That has shit all to do with his K.O. percentage genius.

Dustin knocked out Conor, but Conor still has a higher finishing rate, did you know that?

Fighters who knock people out can get knocked out, why is this so difficult for you people?

Yes. That is what I am saying.

Back