No Limit Hold 'Em Poker Discussion

Would you say that you would have called any bet he made?

What if it was a more “reasonable” bet? Did you have any concern that you could be facing a better set?

I basically thought “I got a set on a non straight or flush board. Have to call”…..which is kinda justified, kinda amateurish at the same time.

Think the only bet he could really make on the river was all in, really.

In my head I was thinking he had AA, KK or JJ. No idea why he 3-bet KJ on the flop, just seems bad, and he’s not a bad player. Once the king hits the turn, his fate was sealed I guess. At the same time I almost never call with worse than KJ.

Honestly, with 2 big stacks clashing, as played, I don’t think a set of 3s wins too much.

The kinda hand if it’s on YouTube the comments would be “durr snap call with the set!”, but if I was against JJ they’d be “durr, easy fold, he always has bigger set.”

I basically thought “I got a set on a non straight or flush board. Have to call”…..which is kinda justified, kinda amateurish at the same time.

Think the only bet he could really make on the river was all in, really.

In my head I was thinking he had AA, KK or JJ. No idea why he 3-bet KJ on the flop, just seems bad, and he’s not a bad player. Once the king hits the turn, his fate was sealed I guess. At the same time I almost never call with worse than KJ.

Honestly, with 2 big stacks clashing, as played, I don’t think a set of 3s wins too much.

The kinda hand if it’s on YouTube the comments would be “durr snap call with the set!”, but if I was against JJ they’d be “durr, easy fold, he always has bigger set.”
The check is what confused me and made me think you had him beat, even with the check raise.

But now knowing what he had, he really did just overplay 2 pair.

The check is what confused me and made me think you had him beat, even with the check raise.

But now knowing what he had, he really did just overplay 2 pair.

Yeah.

It’s like if you put yourself in his position, wonder what he put me on.

Very few hands I can reasonably have that KJ can beat, and basically I’m never folding better (though I did come close to folding 33, but obviously was not his intention).

Yeah, think it was just a decent player butchering a hand and getting a very unfortunate run out.

The fact we were both so deep probably fucked up his thought process.

Yeah.

It’s like if you put yourself in his position, wonder what he put me on.

Very few hands I can reasonably have that KJ can beat, and basically I’m never folding better (though I did come close to folding 33, but obviously was not his intention).

Yeah, think it was just a decent player butchering a hand and getting a very unfortunate run out.

The fact we were both so deep probably fucked up his thought process.

I don’t think he was putting you on a range.

I think he fell in love with his hand and tried to go for brute force winning a big pot.

Last edited:
I don’t the he was putting you on a range.

I think he fell in love with his hand and tried to go for brute force winning a big pot.

Basically.

From his point of view I should of been incredibly strong…..and he played it so strong, I obviously thought he must be super strong too.

Normally when super deep people play more carefully in my experience…..guess he went the opposite way.

From yesterday.

1/2 Hold em, 8 handed. Me and villain both been grinding for 5 hours and both deep stacked. 1000+ each.

Couple of limpers. Villain raise to 12 in the cut off. I call on the button with 3s3c. Limpers both fold.

Flop: Jc 7h 3d. Villain bets 10. I raise to 27. He three bets to 75. I call.

Turn: Kc. He checks. I bet 140. He check raises to 350. I tank call (contemplated all 3 options here).

River: 2d. He goes all in for about 650.

Do you call or fold?

Haven't read your answer (if you posted) later.

My read is a complete whiff or he got super lucky and caught his K for a set (or had it from the flop with Pocket JJ). Re-popping every time seems way too strong and my read is he's try to bluff you out of a missed hand or a hand was strong before the flop like AA, QQ, AK, KQ, etc. He's betting into you every round, gets raised and then re-raises it again every time.

Either way I am not folding that set of 3s. I must be a terrible player. lol. 650 to win 1700+ would be too hard for me to fold. Without any history on how you have both been playing in those 5 hours I am calling.

I tank called, and he had Kh Jh.

Obviously he wasn't bluffing, just massively overplayed his hand, especially on the flop.

Glad I won of course, but still not sure it was a good long term river call, tbh. KJ or maybe AA are really the only value hands I beat.

Probably should have just pushed all-in on the turn, I guess.

sweeet!..

Generally in line with my read. The reason is... I've been the guy over-playing the hand after the flop. So it reminded me of my shitty ass semi-bluffs. LOL.

Haven't read your answer (if you posted) later.

My read is a complete whiff or he got super lucky and caught his K for a set (or had it from the flop with Pocket JJ). Re-popping every time seems way too strong and my read is he's try to bluff you out of a missed hand or a hand was strong before the flop like AA, QQ, AK, KQ, etc. He's betting into you every round, gets raised and then re-raises it again every time.

Either way I am not folding that set of 3s. I must be a terrible player. lol. 650 to win 1700+ would be too hard for me to fold. Without any history on how you have both been playing in those 5 hours I am calling.

With pre-flop action really hard for me to have AA, KK etc. Such a dry flop, really difficult to know what his mindset was. I basically played it like a set of 3s or 7s all the way!

Think he just had a mare and got over excited by the turned 2-pair really. Set of 3s was the lowest I can call with, realistically. Think he played every street questionably, tbh, which often makes you second guess yourself.

Played big Omaha hand yesterday (was over 2000 at 2/2)

My Ad Qd Jc 10c vs villain's As Ac 4d 4s

Flop: Kd 10d 8c

We both ended up all in. Ran it 3 times. I lost all 3. FML.

Guy massively overplayed his hand and got rewarded for it. Was about 400 in pre flop, (was still 3 way). On flop, he led for pot, I re-potted, he went all-in.

He insisted it was a cooler. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Played big Omaha hand yesterday (was over 2000 at 2/2)

My Ad Qd Jc 10c vs villain's As Ac 4d 4s

Flop: Kd 10d 8c

We both ended up all in. Ran it 3 times. I lost all 3. FML.

Guy massively overplayed his hand and got rewarded for it. Was about 400 in pre flop, (was still 3 way). On flop, he led for pot, I re-potted, he went all-in.

He insisted it was a cooler. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You had 72% on the flop. Unfortunate to lose 3 times, tis poker. V sounds like a standard retard who married AAxx.

You had 72% on the flop. Unfortunate to lose 3 times, tis poker. V sounds like a standard retard who married AAxx.

Yeah think I'm like 3% to lose all 3.

10 minutes later I got my last 300 in on the flop with the nut straight and king high flush draw against the naked ace high flush draw......who went on to hit a random runner, runner for a full house.

1000 BB sing in about 5 hands. Gotta love Omaha.

Yeah think I'm like 3% to lose all 3.

10 minutes later I got my last 300 in on the flop with the nut straight and king high flush draw against the naked ace high flush draw......who went on to hit a random runner, runner for a full house.

1000 BB sing in about 5 hands. Gotta love Omaha.
I do love Omaha it's mostly all I play these days. Outcomes are faster and results come quick. About a month ago I was at a 1/2 and ran it up to $5600 in about a 5 hour session. No way I'm doing that any other game. Obviously that's rare as fuck and I was on a heater but still.

I do love Omaha it's mostly all I play these days. Outcomes are faster and results come quick. About a month ago I was at a 1/2 and ran it up to $5600 in about a 5 hour session. No way I'm doing that any other game. Obviously that's rare as fuck and I was on a heater but still.

Yeah I've done that myself......also done the opposite! Remember once i took 1200 with me thinking it was a 2/2 game, turned out it was 5/5 with lot's of straddling. Said fuck it, and bought in for the lot. Literally first hand I got double suited AA and managed a triple up (still somewhat fortunately if memory serves), and end up walking out with 12k after about 2 hours.

I prefer it to hold em too, but truth be told, I often lose my discipline, and start to play too many hands......"6 7 7 8, with a suit? Of course it's good enough to call a 5 bet" <45>....luckily a lot of others do the same!

Tend to play it when I can't be arsed to grind, and fancy a bit of a gamble.

Even though the equities run closer than in hold em, I think the general standard is lower.

Ad 10d on a Kd Jc 4d Qh board. Only about 160 in the middle. Villain open shoves the turn for 450 effective with Qc Jc.

No surprise what the river is.

FML

Ad 10d on a Kd Jc 4d Qh board. Only about 160 in the middle. Villain open shoves the turn for 450 effective with Qc Jc.

No surprise what the river is.

FML

Ace or Queen?

Back