No Limit Hold 'Em Poker Discussion

If he had anything worth a shit he’d raise on the flop. He goes all in on the river, the odds he has KQ is basically 0, if he’s holding J/10 that’s a shit call.
Calling massive overbets is not a recipe for success. There are so many better spots to put money into.

Calling massive overbets is not a recipe for success. There are so many better spots to put money into.
It is when you have on odds the superior hand. It’s not an ideal situation. I agree there will be better spots to use resources. This one, by numbers, is the right one to call.

It is when you have on odds the superior hand. It’s not an ideal situation. I agree there will be better spots to use resources. This one, by numbers, is the right one to call.
Since you like numbers, you'd have to be right you have the best hand half the time in order to break even. If you cut out making dumb hero calls your win rate will go up.

Since you like numbers, you'd have to be right you have the best hand half the time in order to break even. If you cut out making dumb hero calls your win rate will go up.

that’s not what I argued and you’re dishonest lol, fuck off and keep losing bud

that’s not what I argued and you’re dishonest lol, fuck off and keep losing bud
Lol I've been playing professionally since 2015. It was a rough year to be honest and found out I was a break even player. It was a year of hard earned growth. I had to take a step back and make some adjustments and chilling out on hero calls was one of them. You don't have to take my advice. Have a good day.

From yesterday.

1/2 Hold em, 8 handed. Me and villain both been grinding for 5 hours and both deep stacked. 1000+ each.

Couple of limpers. Villain raise to 12 in the cut off. I call on the button with 3s3c. Limpers both fold.

Flop: Jc 7h 3d. Villain bets 10. I raise to 27. He three bets to 75. I call.

Turn: Kc. He checks. I bet 140. He check raises to 350. I tank call (contemplated all 3 options here).

River: 2d. He goes all in for about 650.

Do you call or fold?

From yesterday.

1/2 Hold em, 8 handed. Me and villain both been grinding for 5 hours and both deep stacked. 1000+ each.

Couple of limpers. Villain raise to 12 in the cut off. I call on the button with 3s3c. Limpers both fold.

Turn: Kc. He checks. I bet 140. He check raises to 350. I tank call (contemplated all 3 options here).

Do you call or fold?

Oh you S.O.B. I have to look at this later.

From yesterday.

Do you call or fold?
Call

From yesterday.

Do you call or fold?

Flip over the table and punch him in the temple.

@LEWIS540 you stress me too much man jeeze

Seems like the guy had pocket Queens or AQ suited to me and tried to semi bluff.

But I'm autistic sometimes, so idk.

I tank called, and he had Kh Jh.

Obviously he wasn't bluffing, just massively overplayed his hand, especially on the flop.

Glad I won of course, but still not sure it was a good long term river call, tbh. KJ or maybe AA are really the only value hands I beat.

Probably should have just pushed all-in on the turn, I guess.

From yesterday.

Do you call or fold?
You could have 4bet on the flop or push on the flop if you think V would call. If V has JJ or 77 I'm taking the cooler.

Last edited:
I tank called, and he had Kh Jh.

Obviously he wasn't bluffing, just massively overplayed his hand, especially on the flop.

Glad I won of course, but still not sure it was a good long term river call, tbh. KJ or maybe AA are really the only value hands I beat.

Probably should have just pushed all-in on the turn, I guess.

A set is a powerful hand. I think I’d be more comfortable calling in this scenario as compared to the previous hand you posted.

This hand though, is a situation where obviously the river does nothing for anyone, so you can piece together that whatever he is holding was made on the earlier streets. I know this is obvious but it helps narrow down his holdings to the likely hands of 2 pair made by the turn or a solid pocket pair. I don’t think AA would’ve been likely but I don’t think that overbet made sense either. Lol

Last edited:
You could have 4bet on the flop or push on the flop if you think V would call. If V has JJ or 77 I'm taking the cooler.

Definitely. You’re going to fold out most hands there are no draws to worry about and you’re only getting called by big over pairs/2pair which you beat, or a set. Tiny chance someone calls you with AJ if they are being loose. You’ll win that most of the time whether it’s by fold or call and showdown.

I’d expect most villains to fold though. It’s like an 10-11% you hit a set on the flop I think. Not likely your opponent hits one as well as you. Of course we’ve all seen set over set but we remember those hands because they are rare.

Definitely. You’re going to fold out most hands there are no draws to worry about and you’re only getting called by big over pairs/2pair which you beat, or a set. Tiny chance someone calls you with AJ if they are being loose. You’ll win that most of the time whether it’s by fold or call and showdown.

I’d expect most villains to fold though. It’s like an 10-11% you hit a set on the flop I think. Not likely your opponent hits one as well as you. Of course we’ve all seen set over set but we remember those hands because they are rare.
If V calls a 4bet on the flop I would assume he's pretty committed. I agree that mostly only over pairs 2 pairs and sets are going to call but you avoid tough decisions on the turn or river. Hero could have lost the pot twice on both streets by folding. 4bet flop and jam any turn.

Last edited:
A set is a powerful hand. I think I’d be more comfortable calling in this scenario as compared to the previous hand you posted.

This hand though, is a situation where obviously the river does nothing for anyone, so you can piece together that whatever he is holding was made on the earlier streets. I know this is obvious but it helps narrow down his holdings to the likely hands of 2 pair made by the turn or a solid pocket pair. I don’t think AA would’ve been likely but I don’t think that overbet made sense either. Lol

As I said the only value hands he could realistically have in that situation that I can beat are KJ and the less likely AA.

He played it far too strong……did not have to go broke here, imo.

If V calls a 4bet on the flop I would assume he's pretty committed. I agree that mostly only over pairs 2 pairs and sets are going to call but you avoid tough decisions on the turn or river. Hero could have lost the pot twice on both streets by folding. 4bet flop and jam any turn.

Disagree with that, on a flop that dry. Don’t want to give him a reason to fold weaker hands and bluffs.

If I 4 bet flop, he’s likely folding likes of AJ and almost certainly the KJ he actually had. Probably makes him tread more carefully with QQ to AA, too.

Turn all in was probably the right move, I guess.

As I said the only value hands he could realistically have in that situation that I can beat are KJ and the less likely AA.

He played it far too strong……did not have to go broke here, imo.

Would you say that you would have called any bet he made?

What if it was a more “reasonable” bet? Did you have any concern that you could be facing a better set?

Back