No Limit Hold 'Em Poker Discussion

Doug Polk stormed back in the last session and they're now even.

I like 'em both but I am a bigger fan of Doug Polk.

Go Dougie!

How many hands in are they? I saw that Daniel came back hard after a few losing sessions. Feels like it's a lot closer so far that people gave it credit for.

I tried to watch the online sessions after 200 live hands and, naw, too hard to follow

How many hands in are they? I saw that Daniel came back hard after a few losing sessions. Feels like it's a lot closer so far that people gave it credit for.

I tried to watch the online sessions after 200 live hands and, naw, too hard to follow

Prior to last session's they had gone through 3,422 hands. I think they average 600-700 hands per every 2 hour session. So they're probably at around 4,000 played total or so.

They are about even. Doug may be up to 10K but that's nothing at all.

*edit: its about 400-600 hands.. I think some of these sessions they go past 2hrs..

Last edited:
UPDATE: Doug Polk (+596,176) vs Dan Negreanu

Doug lost the last session (estimated to be about 17-18K) so he is currently up at a grand total of around 579,000.

Mike Brady and Jamie Kerstetter were providing the play by play for Doug's youtube live streaming and after the session Doug spoke to them and answered a few questions.

Notes from his interview:
- Although Dan only won 17-18K this session Doug states that Dan is steadily improving and has added a bunch of new moves (different pot size raises) and putting Doug in a lot of tough spots.
- Doug still hates poker apparently. The challenge was more of a bluff (in Doug's mind) since he was fully retired and Dan called it. Doug has no plans on playing more poker UNLESS he finds another lucrative challenge.
- Doug continues to improve by studying and memorizing all sorts of different cases/situations.

Triton series are alot of fun, not to mention they play for insane money !!

UPDATE: Doug Polk (+596,176) vs Dan Negreanu

Doug lost the last session (estimated to be about 17-18K) so he is currently up at a grand total of around 579,000.

Mike Brady and Jamie Kerstetter were providing the play by play for Doug's youtube live streaming and after the session Doug spoke to them and answered a few questions.

Notes from his interview:
- Although Dan only won 17-18K this session Doug states that Dan is steadily improving and has added a bunch of new moves (different pot size raises) and putting Doug in a lot of tough spots.
- Doug still hates poker apparently. The challenge was more of a bluff (in Doug's mind) since he was fully retired and Dan called it. Doug has no plans on playing more poker UNLESS he finds another lucrative challenge.
- Doug continues to improve by studying and memorizing all sorts of different cases/situations.

Dan had done well but that session a few days ago where he lost $330k odd hurt. Again, finding it too hard to try to follow the online play so I haven't really kept up. If the click bait titles are to be believed, apparently Doug ran really well and hit a lot of outs that day.

Dan had done well but that session a few days ago where he lost $330k odd hurt. Again, finding it too hard to try to follow the online play so I haven't really kept up. If the click bait titles are to be believed, apparently Doug ran really well and hit a lot of outs that day.

Yeah he was hitting everything that day. With some many hands they still have to play they'll be days like this for either of them. Doug mentioned that is very easily possible for him to cough up all his money back on a bad day.

But in the long run its the little advantages and edges in his more complex gameplan that Doug is hoping will make the difference and net him more money in the end.

The saga continues....

Through ~7500 hands, Doug is up $668,000.

Doug's winrate through 30% of total hands (25,000) is 22bb/100....Daniel is getting absolutely crushed at this point. HU is a high variance game, so that may change but its looking like a massacre so far.

The saga continues....

Through ~7500 hands, Doug is up $668,000.

Doug's winrate through 30% of total hands (25,000) is 22bb/100....Daniel is getting absolutely crushed at this point. HU is a high variance game, so that may change but its looking like a massacre so far.
HU is Doug's game. Nobody should be surprised by this.

@PokerandMMA Im in full agreement with that sentiment. Doug has played the best guys at HU, and averaged 10bb/100 in his career doing so. Im not surprised at all to see him up 16.5 buy ins. I still cant believe Daniel accepted this challenge.

Has it gotten closer at all?It seems like it's been all Doug the last week and a half or so.

@Foppa21 They are an hour in to their latest session right now....Doug is up 30k in this session so far, but lots of poker to be played. There are multiple streams on Youtube.

Today's session is done. Another 100K win for Doug. Doug is up ~$775,000 total now over 7850 hands.

Doug was up around 1 buy-in (40K) until the last hand of the night. Doug got it all in preflop with AA, Daniel called with AK clubs, 58K effective....Sick flop, 2c 7c 3h but the AA held.

Today's session is done. Another 100K win for Doug. Doug is up ~$775,000 total now over 7850 hands.

Doug was up around 1 buy-in (40K) until the last hand of the night. Doug got it all in preflop with AA, Daniel called with AK clubs, 58K effective....Sick flop, 2c 7c 3h but the AA held.

$100k loss doesn't sound too bad. But doing it every day for a week... eff that

Todays session has started....hoping for some big hands today!

Terrible start to this session for Daniel. 1.5 hours in and Doug is up $115K. Daniel took a break, and is now back. Lets see how the rest of the session goes.

First hand back from break, we get KK (Doug) vs AA (Daniel) all in preflop....
QK5JJ...Sick runout

Daniel, instantly sits out again for another break or possible rage quit.

5 hour session today, just wrapped up. Doug finished up ~$160K (unofficially) on the day. Somewhere around 950K through the challenge thus far. They are apparently playing again tomorrow, but thats not confirmed.

Today's session is underway.

Doug starts the day up $958,000 with 9950 hands played. Either guy has the option to quit after 12,500 hands. They both have a bunch of side bets (Daniel was a 5-1 underdog). I dont see Doug quitting, as he has a big advantage, even though he could quit and win his side bets plus whatever money he makes off of Daniel. I dont see Daniel quitting either, as he would forfeit his side bets.

Daniel is off to a good start today, despite losing a big hand to start the session (set over set in a 5 bet pot). He's up $110K after 1 hour of play.

Daniel was up around 85K 4 hours in.....

2 huge back to back pots just happened.

Daniel calls Doug's all in river bluff with 2 pair and takes a 160K pot.
And then the next hand results in an all in on a 3976 board, after 4 betting preflop. KK for Doug, 66 for Daniel. Set of 6's takes an 80K pot.

Big swing there for Daniel. Hes up around 200K for the day after those huge hands.

Back