No Limit Hold 'Em Poker Discussion

Any of you following this Mike Postle cheating allegations..?

It's mad interesting.

No idea how no one on his table / watching on the stream could not catch him out. He was hardly subtle with both his playing style and his table behavior.

Like that guy who got caught cheating on Ultimate Bet back in the day.....he could have gotten away with it forever if he just used a bit of common sense.

Any of you following this Mike Postle cheating allegations..?

It's mad interesting.

lol, a guy mentioned it at our cash game and I hadn't been following it at all, went home and watched hours of it. I find Joe Ingram very annoying, but I've liked Doug Polk's stuff. Seems a pretty obvious case of cheating. All you have to do it look at the graphs, and then when you see the actual video. Dude was living the dream.

No idea how no one on his table / watching on the stream could not catch him out. He was hardly subtle with both his playing style and his table behavior.

Like that guy who got caught cheating on Ultimate Bet back in the day.....he could have gotten away with it forever if he just used a bit of common sense.
Yeah, they get greedy. Fucking 40%+ VPIPs and 50+BB winrates are going to get people's eyebrows raised. You just play like you normally would, but in all those marginal spots that would have cost you in a session you keep more money. Over the course of a year or decade that's huge.

2/2

a10 < ak on a 10 2

ak < 63 on k 6 2

All in on flop bot times for 1000+

Happy fucking days

5/5

My KK < KhJh

KJ 6-bet jammed all in pre. I tanked for 90 seconds before calling. Guy berated me for slow rolling.

3600 pot. We ran it twice. I lost both. He claimed karma.

--------------------------------------

I 4-bet with AK pre on the button.. Got called by seat 3.

QJ4 J 2

I bet every street, including a river all in for about 900. He tank-called with 74 off.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Can't win a session. My bad plays are punished. My good plays are punished. Got to the point I know I'm gonna lose every big pot I play no matter what. First hand I played I got it in with 33 v K10 on K 10 3 board and was lucky enough to win one of the 2 runs.

Famous last words, but gonna try not to play again this year.

Lol pls invite me to these games

I mean it's bad, but it almost worked. Anything apart from AA or KK (which I strongly considered folding) would have been a snap fold, and I'm known to be "creative".

Worst thing was the guy who won the pot went bust and left within about 10 hands (from like a 750 bb stack.....he actually did run KK into AA).

We had one hand in the smaller game where there was a 4-way all in, pre. AJ v AJ v JJ v AA (was a loose / fun / gambly game).

AA worked out as having about 94% equity 4-way pre!

We had one hand in the smaller game where there was a 4-way all in, pre. AJ v AJ v JJ v AA (was a loose / fun / gambly game).

AA worked out as having about 94% equity 4-way pre!
People talk about poker being dead and how everyone is solid but there will always be players out there looking to gamble it up

People talk about poker being dead and how everyone is solid but there will always be players out there looking to gamble it up

Don’t think I’ve ever played where there hasn’t been at least 1-2 noticeable donks/fun time players at the table. Hell if I’m drinking or in the right mood, I’ll sometimes play almost randomly.

Live poker definitely brings out a more eclectic mix of players and standards.

5/5

My KK < KhJh

KJ 6-bet jammed all in pre. I tanked for 90 seconds before calling. Guy berated me for slow rolling.

3600 pot. We ran it twice. I lost both. He claimed karma.

--------------------------------------

I 4-bet with AK pre on the button.. Got called by seat 3.

QJ4 J 2

I bet every street, including a river all in for about 900. He tank-called with 74 off.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Can't win a session. My bad plays are punished. My good plays are punished. Got to the point I know I'm gonna lose every big pot I play no matter what. First hand I played I got it in with 33 v K10 on K 10 3 board and was lucky enough to win one of the 2 runs.

Famous last words, but gonna try not to play again this year.
Jesus.

I would have lost my shit when that dude said "That's karma"

Fkn 6 bet KJ pre, what a donkey

Man I miss playing cards.

Anyone following/going to following the Polk Challenge?

Doug Polk vs Daneil Negreanu heads up. They did the first 200 hands live yesterday. I'm up to about 30 hands at the mo.

Anyone following/going to following the Polk Challenge?

Doug Polk vs Daneil Negreanu heads up. They did the first 200 hands live yesterday. I'm up to about 30 hands at the mo.
Yup, quite closely as I've played ALOT of HU since 2005 and am a fan of both guys. Been waiting for this the last couple of months. They will continue the remaining hands on WSOP.

I hope DNegs can make it competitive, but I think he will get crushed over 25K hands. Doug has a career HU winrate of 10BB/100....thats insane, especially at high stakes. At $200-$400, (plus all the side bets) there is a potential for big money going to the winner. They have the option to quit after 12.5K hands, or increase the stakes at that point if they both agree. It should be fun!

@Fugazy The first 200 hands were played live, and streamed for free on PokerGo. They uploaded those hands on Youtube.

Im not sure yet who will be streaming their games, but they will be playing on 'special' tables on WSOP. If you have a WSOP account, you can follow the games there. I expect both guys to use their twitter to announce upcoming sessions.

Im not sure if anybody will be live streaming these games on youtube or twitch...but I would think that is very very likely. Im sure, there will also be plenty of youtube videos with the daily highlights after each session.

I had heard from Daniel that they will likely play every other day (for the most part), and sometimes 2 sessions a day for a few hours each session. If they end up playing 25k hands on 2 tables, it should take a couple of months to finish the challenge at that rate. There will be plenty of hands to go through.

@Fugazy The first 200 hands were played live, and streamed for free on PokerGo. They uploaded those hands on Youtube.

Im not sure yet who will be streaming their games, but they will be playing on 'special' tables on WSOP. If you have a WSOP account, you can follow the games there. I expect both guys to use their twitter to announce upcoming sessions.

Im not sure if anybody will be live streaming these games on youtube or twitch...but I would think that is very very likely. Im sure, there will also be plenty of youtube videos with the daily highlights after each session.

I had heard from Daniel that they will likely play every other day (for the most part), and sometimes 2 sessions a day for a few hours each session. If they end up playing 25k hands on 2 tables, it should take a couple of months to finish the challenge at that rate. There will be plenty of hands to go through.

Thanks.

Is poker GO free? I remember there being $9.99/month fee back when I had it.

@Fugazy
It was only free to view the first 200 hands (played live in-person) of this challenge on PokerGo. But, they wont be showing anymore live content relating to this, as both guys will continue the challenge from the comfort of their own home.

Both guys will have a 360 degree camera set up, because they agreed to not use any help (software, or from other people). If either guy is suspected of getting help, they can review the footage of the 360 degree camera.

$9.99 eh? I think its more expensive now (the last time I checked anyway)

I read somewhere that there will be sessions/times players will stream. I believe they had agreed on it but on delay of about 10 mins

@Foppa21 Nice! I just saw that the will be streaming on youtube tonight!

Edit: Missed it, they actually started at 17:30 EST.

424 Hands today: +$218,292.78 for Doug.

Total thus far: 624 hands +$101,792.78 for Doug.

Last edited:
Back