Nicks Diazs Bottom Game!

• Thread starter Deleted member 385619
  • Start date
I don't think GSP is an amazing finisher, more so a grinder but still it has a lot to do with his opponents just trying to survive.

well at one point in his career he was an amazing finisher, maybe one of the most exciting fighters in the ufc. And then he bacame champ and turned into a point fighter. he fights to not lose. i guess i cant blame him, but ill never respect him more than a guy like diaz who comes and brings it 100% every time. i could care less if diaz is a thug, douche, or whatever, he is a fighter and thats all im a fan of.

He should practice on sweeps instead of subs.

If it's better than Carlos' it's not a significant amount.

Maybe if you're rolling around playing BJJ it is. But when it comes to MMA I rather have Carlos' guard. Its extremely active and hard to penetrate.

well at one point in his career he was an amazing finisher, maybe one of the most exciting fighters in the ufc. And then he bacame champ and turned into a point fighter. he fights to not lose. i guess i cant blame him, but ill never respect him more than a guy like diaz who comes and brings it 100% every time. i could care less if diaz is a thug, douche, or whatever, he is a fighter and thats all im a fan of.

Maybe if he had a lot to lose like Georges he'd change a bit too.

I think away from everything Nick is good person. But with that pressure it was hard for him to even show up to a press conference. If he was champion who knows how he'd handle it.

I must admit I enjoy GSP's earlier fights more. The lead up to Hughes 2 was epic, and the pinnacle of his career to me.

People who think Nick Diaz will dominate Georges on the ground are going to feel like poor old urbansavage after the fight.

Yeah, I got that fight wrong. I overestimated Nate a bit, he's nowhere near as good as Nick is on the ground.

If it's better than Carlos' it's not a significant amount.

Maybe if you're rolling around playing BJJ it is. But when it comes to MMA I rather have Carlos' guard. Its extremely active and hard to penetrate.

What's with all these gay references lol.

And Nate Diaz's bottom game helped him so much versus a superior athlete in Bendo didn't it. Diaz is going to lose the athlete battle, and as a result, lose the fight.

Weight room strength is pretty useless in mma... It's a matter of practical strength and technique that equals strength... And most submissions utilize grip strength and technique... I'm guessing nicks legs are stronger than George's arms....

Ur bench max is irrelevant in mma...

What is it with you guys? Strength is the ability to move stuff. Does that suddenly disappear when you step outside of a weight room? Does strength somehow disappear because your moving a body and not metal? There's no such thing as "practical strength."

I think he'd every bit as good, he's just not as scrappy as Nick.

Nah, the thing is Nate has been dominated in the past and stifled on the ground. Nick has never been dominated or grapplefucked ever, he has never been shut down on the ground for even an entire round. Nate and Nick are completely different fighters.

Yeah, I got that fight wrong. I overestimated Nate a bit, he's nowhere near as good as Nick is on the ground.

And Benson isn't nearly as good as GSP is on top. Personally I think the disparity between Henderson and GSP is greater than the one between Nate and Nick.

We'll see. UFC 1 showed differently, BJJ has different levels.. and Diaz is upper tier.

I do think that times are changing, and MMA has evolved. Guy like Nick can still catch a guy like GSP in a triangle or armbar though. It hasent changed that much

No one else at UFC 1 had any concept whatsoever of BJJ whereas practically everybody trains it these days and Nick's BJJ isn't on some Demian Maia/Roger Gracie level regardless. Several opponents have GnP'd him to a UD and now he's facing the undisputed king of that strategy. When wrestlers figured out how to recognize and avoid the basics subs and sweeps in BJJ, the game changed real fast.

Back