Nicks Diazs Bottom Game!

• Thread starter Deleted member 385619
  • Start date
Gomi was the #1 LW at the time, Diaz finished him with a gogoplata. Shit was money, little bit more prestigious than tapping Jim Miller I'd say.

I've mentioned it a few times and haven't had a problem, gotta live life in the fast lane brah.

Diaz was the aggressor and more active fighter in that one, Sanchez spent most of the time stuck in his guard defending submissions and sweeps and then hitting the mat from time to time completely missing Diaz's head. Diaz swept him in both the second and third rounds and dropped him with a punch in the third round. Sanchez was gassed at the end.

You got a source for Diaz saying he didn't win? The way I remember it was something like this...

Rogan: "So, do you respect Diego now?"

Diaz: "Nah, not really."

It's all good. Im not saying it wasnt a great win but submitting someone that's never been submitted is a little more impressive to me. If we're arguing ground skills. A black belt who's fought people like Mark Bocek at that.

Good Day All,

I have read several threads and comments about hot Diaz bottom game is a huge threat to GSP because Condit did well and Diaz is better.

In my opinion Diazs bottom game is significantly better than Condits; However, Condit is a way better athlete. I see the disparity being the same as GSPs wrestling vs Koscheks wrestling. Sometimes athletic ability out weighs ones skill. Condit has 13 subs vs Diazs 8. GSP was able to thwart condits attempt because his brute strength amongst other things, Diaz is much weaker than Condit.

If Diaz is going to win this fight he is going to need GSP to pull a Ceronne and let his emotion get the best of him. That being said, GSP wins easy.

GSP trains with Roger Gracie. Diaz isnt subbing GSP. He's not provoking him into anything other than taking down Diaz, cutting thru his guard and bashing his forehead in for five rounds. I cant wait to see all the Diaz fans go looking for magical toothpicks this time.

Good for you, I'm a butt surgeon.

seinfeld2.jpg

GSP trains with Roger Gracie. Diaz isnt subbing GSP. He's not provoking him into anything other than taking down Diaz, cutting thru his guard and bashing his forehead in for five rounds. I cant wait to see all the Diaz fans go looking for magical toothpicks this time.

GSP has been submitted, Diaz's guard has never been passed.

Sanchez never passed his guard, I've watched that fight more times than any human being should. Diaz has never had his guard passed in MMA.

Sanchez never passed his guard, I've watched that fight more times than any human being should. Diaz has never had his guard passed in MMA.

Rogan says at 34 sec left in the 1st, "Oh, he's passed," referring obviously to Diego.

Rogan also pointed out that BJ took the back against Diaz.

He has never had someone with the guard passing skills of GSP on top of him. He will be able to recover guard, but he is going to have his guard passed in that fight.

Well against BJ he had his guard passed when they scrambled, it was still considered a pass. Maybe someone has a gif.

Rogan says at 34 sec left in the 1st, "Oh, he's passed," referring obviously to Diego.

Rogan also pointed out that BJ took the back against Diaz.

Rogan says incorrect shit constantly, Sanchez never secured a guard pass and Penn never took his back.

If nick goes crazy throwing up subs from bottom with little chance of success GSP will pass and things will start looking badly for Mr Diaz.

Rogan says incorrect shit constantly, Sanchez never secured a guard pass and Penn never took his back.

In these cases you are just using a stricter definition of "take the back" and "pass" than Rogan. If you're going to make categorical statements like "X has never been passed," it would help if you were clear about how you're using these terms.

In these cases you are just using a stricter definition of "take the back" and "pass" than Rogan. If you're going to make categorical statements like "X has never been passed," it would help if you were clear about how you're using these terms.

Ight, in my mind passing the guard and taking the back are BJJ terms thus I apply BJJ guidelines for using them. Typically 3 seconds is the rule for how long someone has to maintain position to get points, Penn had both hooks in for less than a second and it was the same thing with all of Sanchez's pass attempts. Neither would've been given points for passing the guard or taking the back, so I think it's more than fair to say that Diaz's guard has never been passed in MMA.

Rogan's a commentator, his job is to hype fans up while calling the action. How many times has he confidently proclaimed, "that's a wrap, son" when a submission wasn't even close? It's the same thing here, Rogan will say someone has passed the guard before he has secured position. It's not a knock on him, that's just the nature of his job. He also said he thought Riggs needed a finish in the 3rd round against Diaz to win the fight, doesn't mean anything.

It's a best of three??? Link or gtfo

no moe-ron. I'm talking about after takedowns GSP will get at least 3 guard passes. :p
i dont take orders from Muppets =)
The beating the Skesis got at the beginning of the Dark Crystal will be close to the beating Nick is going to get in Montreal.

Back