Nicks Diazs Bottom Game!

• Thread starter Deleted member 385619
  • Start date
no moe-ron. I'm talking about after takedowns GSP will get at least 3 guard passes. :p
i dont take orders from Muppets =)
The beating the Skesis got at the beginning of the Dark Crystal will be close to the beating Nick is going to get in Montreal.

It's in Quebec, MOE-RON.

it could be in my backyard Bert its going to end up with Diaz fans scrambling for reasons why their hero got smoked

He smokes, big deal, we know he likes the weed, why do diaz haters always bring that up? At least we know what Nick does, gsp has a secret camp and do I have to mention the grease?

He smokes, big deal, we know he likes the weed, why do diaz haters always bring that up? At least we know what Nick does, gsp has a secret camp and do I have to mention the grease?

i dont have a problem with the weed. he has social angst disorder. I roll with guys who smoke up. Weed is not a problem for me no one ever smoked weed and said lets go kill people. i dont have problem with people smoking up I just think its funn he smokes weed and gets caught messing up all the time while matt riddle gets a medical card and is fine.

its not grease its secret chakra point power massage oil :icon_lol:

Ight, in my mind passing the guard and taking the back are BJJ terms thus I apply BJJ guidelines for using them. Typically 3 seconds is the rule for how long someone has to maintain position to get points, Penn had both hooks in for less than a second and it was the same thing with all of Sanchez's pass attempts. Neither would've been given points for passing the guard or taking the back, so I think it's more than fair to say that Diaz's guard has never been passed in MMA.

Rogan's a commentator, his job is to hype fans up while calling the action. How many times has he confidently proclaimed, "that's a wrap, son" when a submission wasn't even close? It's the same thing here, Rogan will say someone has passed the guard before he has secured position. It's not a knock on him, that's just the nature of his job. He also said he thought Riggs needed a finish in the 3rd round against Diaz to win the fight, doesn't mean anything.

Even by your definition Nick Diaz will get his guard passed by GSP.

I wanted to make the comparison of Diaz vs gsp to Diaz vs Henderson at first.... But nick is more cerebral and adaptive of a fighter than Nate is... This fight won't look much like Diaz vs Henderson... Who has ever pushed the pace on Georges? Nick will...

nick will do better

Even by your definition Nick Diaz will get his guard passed by GSP.

Not my definition, the IBJJF's. You thinking GSP will pass his guard is just conjecture, my point was that it hasn't happened yet.

The success Condit had from guard was from throwing a million punches and elbows at GSP. Thats something Condit does much better then Nick

No one is subbing GSP so i do not really like Nicks chances. Honestly people should not be surprised if GSP keeps it standing and takes advantage of Nicks terrible footwork and uses his huge speed advantage

I think Diaz has a great guard but gsp also has great top control and very strong posture.

Good Day All,

I have read several threads and comments about hot Diaz bottom game is a huge threat to GSP because Condit did well and Diaz is better.

In my opinion Diazs bottom game is significantly better than Condits; However, Condit is a way better athlete. I see the disparity being the same as GSPs wrestling vs Koscheks wrestling. Sometimes athletic ability out weighs ones skill. Condit has 13 subs vs Diazs 8. GSP was able to thwart condits attempt because his brute strength amongst other things, Diaz is much weaker than Condit.

If Diaz is going to win this fight he is going to need GSP to pull a Ceronne and let his emotion get the best of him. That being said, GSP wins easy.

Your theory depends on how much better Nick Diaz's ground game is compared to Condit's. If Nick Diaz's technical ability has enough merit to outweigh the significant strength advantage of GSP, then he will prevail, if not, then GSP wins easily.

Unfortunately for Diaz, his BJJ has not came through against wrestlers.

Back