Nicks Diazs Bottom Game!

• Thread starter Deleted member 385619
  • Start date
So... you weren't watching MMA yet in 2007?

I was, and that Nate guillotine of Miller (a BJJ Black Belt) was better than Nick subbing Josh Neer or Jeremy Jackson please. Nick hasn't tapped a really good BJJ player.

the way he submitted cyborg was crazy..

I think Diaz has alot better guard than Carlos. I think he will create more scrambles and be more threatening to GSP from his back. Will it be enough though?? Because GSP handled Carlos easy enough. No real submission threats, if you dont think of the knockdown Carlos had GSP won all the rounds from top control.

I think Nick Diaz is a little more athletic than you think too, he's more of an athlete than his brother

I think Condit has a more active powerful guard than Nick Diaz. Like GSP described it: "Carlos likes to create chaos on the ground. While Nick Diaz is a very traditional technical BJJ practitioner who waits for the right opportunity."

If you notice on the ground Condit is always moving and trying to create scrambles. Nick is very opportunist with his attacks and sweeps. He knows how to attack yet conserve his energy properly. And we definitely saw that with
his fight against Evangelista. His guard was calm as the water, and then BAM the storm comes in and taps out Eva with an armbar.

Despite that. I'm hoping GSP to throw em some elbows and break Diaz apart from the top.

I was, and that Nate guillotine of Miller (a BJJ Black Belt) was better than Nick subbing Josh Neer or Jeremy Jackson please. Nick hasn't tapped a really good BJJ player.

He thinks this is more impressive.

diaz-gogo-o.gif

Sure it's much more fancy but it's nothing compared to what Nate did to Miller.

I'm a huge Gomi fan but he's not known for the greatest sub defense, and was gassed hard. Jim Miller is a fucking machine man.

Gomi was the #1 LW at the time, Diaz finished him with a gogoplata. Shit was money, little bit more prestigious than tapping Jim Miller I'd say.

I see you're Urban Savage? I'd give my old user name but its too soon, and dont want to get banned again. :)

I've mentioned it a few times and haven't had a problem, gotta live life in the fast lane brah.

Anybody who thinks Diaz won the Sanchez fight is someone who has thrown there credibility out the window. Even when Diaz tried to act like he still deserved more money the Sanchez the crowd booed him loudly. Diaz is responsible for the two worst post fight speeches I've ever heard. The Condit fight and the Sanchez fight.

Not even Diaz tried to argue that he won that fight.

Diaz was the aggressor and more active fighter in that one, Sanchez spent most of the time stuck in his guard defending submissions and sweeps and then hitting the mat from time to time completely missing Diaz's head. Diaz swept him in both the second and third rounds and dropped him with a punch in the third round. Sanchez was gassed at the end.

You got a source for Diaz saying he didn't win? The way I remember it was something like this...

Rogan: "So, do you respect Diego now?"

Diaz: "Nah, not really."

Oh what a ridiculous thing to say. Nick taps Jake Shields every day at his dojo. ffs

I must have missed that when did he and Jake fight each other, you know in a real MMA bout? You're pathetic.

Like GSP described it: "Carlos likes to create chaos on the ground. While Nick Diaz is a very traditional technical BJJ practitioner who waits for the right opportunity."

Lol, traditional is literally the last word you could use to describe Diaz's guard. He's been doing Sambo as long as he's been doing BJJ and will play inverted and turtle guard as often as the more traditional closed guard. He constantly transitions back and forth between different guards attacking with submissions and sweeps, he creates quite a bit more "chaos" than Condit does.

I must have missed that when did he and Jake fight each other, you know in a real MMA bout? You're pathetic.

Below is a more coherent version of your post. (I removed the many errors.) --

I must have missed that; when did they fight? You know, in a real MMA bout? You're pathetic.

Gomi was the #1 LW at the time, Diaz finished him with a gogoplata. Shit was money, little bit more prestigious than tapping Jim Miller I'd say.

More prestigious, no. But Gomi had been tapped before, his BJJ is not particularly good. Nate's submission of Miller was more impressive.

Below is a more coherent version of your post. (I removed the many errors.) --

I must have missed that; when did they fight? You know, in a real MMA bout? You're pathetic.

That's funny. It's not everyday you meet a troll that actually has a modicum of education.

Nick is like a pizza.

That said, anyone know if boners are legal? What if it's big, like a club?

Boners should be illegal, if they aren't already.

Club as in an establishment that serves alcohol or a club as in a blunt stick weapon? And I think he would be a Hawaiian pizza. I do agree though with the boners as they present a poking hazard to the eyes.

Good Day All,

I have read several threads and comments about hot Diaz bottom game is a huge threat to GSP because Condit did well and Diaz is better.

In my opinion Diazs bottom game is significantly better than Condits; However, Condit is a way better athlete. I see the disparity being the same as GSPs wrestling vs Koscheks wrestling. Sometimes athletic ability out weighs ones skill. Condit has 13 subs vs Diazs 8. GSP was able to thwart condits attempt because his brute strength amongst other things, Diaz is much weaker than Condit.

If Diaz is going to win this fight he is going to need GSP to pull a Ceronne and let his emotion get the best of him. That being said, GSP wins easy.

Cyborg exposed Nick Diaz leading leg, in how much its a factor to the stand up game. Bendo exposed nates leading leg. They both have that boxing style. Diaz is a threat in his cardio IMO. Stylistically, I think its benefits GSP. My guess is, Diaz will control GSP 1/3 of the time off his back which won't favor him so GSP by decision.

The real two threats IMO are Hendricks and Demian Mia. Hendricks has that KO power, but, explosive too which GSP will have a problem with IMO. Mia, will control GSP off his Back IMO. However, GSP will probably keep it standing though and it will be like when GSP beat Jake Shields.

Who knows though, all three are dangerous and it will be fun to watch.

Back